Spain...destroying themselves from the inside

yesterday they were marches all over spain, in favour of the dialogue, and without any type of flag.Great move, but I´m  afraid it wasn´t as successful as I would liked them to be.and, today there has been one in barcelona, in favour of catalonia being in spain.although the tv didn´t shoe any fascist symbols, apparently some people had them...vargas llosa was one of the talkers, and his speech was weird, because he was talking against the nationalisms in front of a square full of flags.

apparently the ones asking for the march are a griup of rich people from the ibex 35, the spanish stock market...

Reports claim around one million marched today in Barcelona against the separation of Catalonia from Spain.

5 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

Reports claim around one million marched today in Barcelona against the separation of Catalonia from Spain.

I wonder how many of them are actually Catalan.

Just now, Nessie said:

apparently not all of them...if the aim of the march was to make non referendum catalans see that they weren´t alone, it´s ok. But others were there to claim spanish unity and that catalonia is spain, so I don´t know if it really worked.Also, to have Mario Vargas Llosa talking against the independence...was Peru´s independence voted by all the spanish citizens? no. Really there are a lot of spanish, catalans that could have made more sense in there.

there is an spanish politician, he is retired now,julio anguita, that (as usual) has said a very wise thing about a march with the spanish flag. He says that they only use the spanish flag in the marchs when they want to talk about spanish´s unity,the typical patriotic topics ...never when there is a social issue involved.we use the basque flag for everything, maybe even too much! but it´s true, when I see spanish marching for something, let´s say, left winged, there is not a lot of flags. but when they march for the traidional families, against gay marriage...the flag appears.I guess karbatal can tell us something about the reason for that

5 hours ago, Nessie said:

Millions of people of Catalonia are against separatism. From Madrid only 1.000 people travelled to Barcelona. Even though some sectors in Catalonia want to believe that everybody there is like them, there are many, many people there who feel comfortable in Spain. 

That is not a positive thing sometimes, though, because problems come precisely when a society is divided. If all Catalonia felt independent, it would be easier. 

55 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I like a lot what Josep Borrell said during the march. I still can't understand what was writer Vargas Llosa there, though :lmao: He's not even Spanish! 

But I like Josep Borrell. 

He has dual citizenship, started living in Spain since the 50s and is a Nobel recipient. Why not? He is likely to have a more informed opinion than the average person there.

9 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

He has dual citizenship, started living in Spain since the 50s and is a Nobel recipient. Why not? He is likely to have a more informed opinion than the average person there.

To be quite honest, his image has always been linked to certain conservative circles. If the Government wanted to send a message, Vargas Llosa is not precisely the best decision. He may be a Nobel Prize winner and all that, but he doesnt' represent the progresist and modern Spain. 

Just now, karbatal said:

To be quite honest, his image has always been linked to certain conservative circles. If the Government wanted to send a message, Vargas Llosa is not precisely the best decision. He may be a Nobel Prize winner and all that, but he doesnt' represent the progresist and modern Spain. 

there a lot people spain that could have done it better. yes, vargas llosa has double citizenship, but we all know he is so right winged that anything he is going to say will be understood as a message from the right part of the pp.anyways, he is the guy banging enrique iglesias´mother, he deserves to be in front of a march!!:lol:

that said, I think the cat. government is going to declare independence tomorrow. There will be a huge march, bigger than yesterday´s, and all hell will break loose after that. And my lovely Ada colau will be in the middle...

Just now, promise to try said:

there a lot people spain that could have done it better. yes, vargas llosa has double citizenship, but we all know he is so right winged that anything he is going to say will be understood as a message from the right part of the pp.anyways, he is the guy banging enrique iglesias´mother, he deserves to be in front of a march!!:lol:

that said, I think the cat. government is going to declare independence tomorrow. There will be a huge march, bigger than yesterday´s, and all hell will break loose after that. And my lovely Ada colau will be in the middle...

Well if only Rajoy doesn't fuck it up.. But surely something will happen and Catalonia will be again the oh poor victim of the fascist Spain.  

Ugh.  Remind me to Lady Gaga. 

Just now, karbatal said:

It already started. Casado has compared the situation with that in the 30s forgetting that poor Lluis Company was shot!

and the cup has called their people to be ready tomorrow on the streets...o fuck, something that should have been beaitful and peaceful, it´s going to finish with blood just because people are really stupid, in all different parts, not only the spanish government or the catalan one. And meanwhile, the basque one what is it doing???? they should be the ones talking to both parts...

11 hours ago, promise to try said:

and the cup has called their people to be ready tomorrow on the streets...o fuck, something that should have been beaitful and peaceful, it´s going to finish with blood just because people are really stupid, in all different parts, not only the spanish government or the catalan one. And meanwhile, the basque one what is it doing???? they should be the ones talking to both parts...

Well I doubt the Police charges again like that.  They would be stupid.  Let the Mosses control demonstrations.  That's what I'd do. 

On 10/7/2017 at 10:58 AM, karbatal said:

I don't think there's any foreign interest here tbqh.  This all has an Almodovar "Made in Spain" sticker. 

I doubt it. Its so messy and absurd. And perfect timing again. I ve read an article that there is infrastrictural project that passes through Catalonia that would decrease the dependance on the gas from the east. It was in Bulgarian otherwise I would ve posted it.

Please Spaniards, keep us informed about this. Hope the Catalanian president won't announce independence when under 50ty percent of the people are for it (some have voted multiple times) and hope there won't be any violence on any of the sides.

On 09/10/2017 at 4:08 AM, Nessie said:

Yep bussed in from all over Spain. And the scenes of them with their Nazi salutes and running amok in Catalonia were disgusting.

Funny how it's always the Unionists that are the right wing scum of the earth. It's the same in "Britain" with yer fat racist right wing tossers running around with their Union Jacks spewing their venom about the foreigners and the gays and the sovereignty of *their* nation. Vile.

1 minute ago, promise to try said:

oops, so government has said, the catalñan government has said that yes, they are independent, but not yet?

I´m lost

Me too. I don't think there was a declaration of independence?

It was a trick from Puigdemont to gain time :lmao:

It started one hour later because they cannot even agree on that.  Then he declares it and suspends it :rotfl:

WHAT A MESS 

Those people are the worst.  They are desperate for an "agreement" to stay.  That is keeping their money.  All earned with the historic investment from Spain now only for Catalonia. Very nice. Sooo much solidarity there. Greedy politicians.... 

GREEDY bunch of racists.  Did you guys watch as Inés Arrimadas very wisely showed racist pamphlets against Spaniards from Puigdemont's party and the ultra racist piece written by Junqueras about the genetics of Catalnish people?  Disgusting.  About time Europe know what a bunch of victimists and liars those politicians are. And how much hate they have spread among the population these past years. 

Disgusting.  

Oh dear I never thought I would agree with Ines Arrimadas on something :lol:

But she was so spot on.  "Mister Puigdemont. Stop lying saying that the world supports them. Stop lying about the situation of Catalonia in the EU.  People in Catalonia,  Spain and Europe rather believe in what says Junker, not Junqueras"

:rotfl::lmao:

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It started one hour later because they cannot even agree on that.  Then he declares it and suspends it :rotfl:

WHAT A MESS 

Those people are the worst.  They are desperate for an "agreement" to stay.  That is keeping their money.  All earned with the historic investment from Spain now only for Catalonia. 

GREEDY bunch of racists.  Did you guys watch as Inés Arrimadas very wisely showed racist pamphlets against Spaniards from Puigdemont's party and the ultra racist piece written by Junqueras about the genetics of Catalnish people?  Disgusting.  About time Europe know what a bunch of victimists and liars those politicians are. And how much hate they have spread among the population these past years. 

Disgusting.  

Ines speech was great. And she looks amazing!

Just now, elijah said:

Ines speech was great. And she looks amazing!

Her party in Spain is conservative. Very Macron.  Very Obama.  Image,  social media and empty promises.  We mostly laugh at them but their votes are increasing.  

In Catalonia though is a very interesting party. It was born there.  It was the first party with people proud of being from Catalonia,  speaking Catalanish but comfortable in Spain. They are powerful there.  

If the three-way coalition of Puigdemont implodes,  as it will happen if Mariano Rajoy doesn't do stupid things,  there will be elections and maybe she will get the votes 

Just now, karbatal said:

Her party in Spain is conservative. Very Macron.  Very Obama.  Image,  social media and empty promises.  We mostly laugh at them but their votes are increasing.  

In Catalonia though is a very interesting party. It was born there.  It was the first party with people proud of being from Catalonia,  speaking Catalanish but comfortable in Spain. They are powerful there.  

If the three-way coalition of Puigdemont implodes,  as it will happen if Mariano Rajoy doesn't do stupid things,  there will be elections and maybe she will get the votes 

hopefully, seemed like quite a sane person

And he looked very awkward, he has no presence, no charisma. How he is a president? And his speech was very ambiguous though I must admit I liked the fact that he proposed dialogue.

15 minutes ago, karbatal said:

WHAT A MESS 

Those people are the worst.  They are desperate for an "agreement" to stay.  That is keeping their money.  All earned with the historic investment from Spain now only for Catalonia. Very nice. Sooo much solidarity there. Greedy politicians.... 

Disgusting.  

Do you work for the Spanish government? Or just the state sponsored media? Serious question. Unlike the other Spaniards in here, everything you write is very one sided.

And about Junker. You were happy about the silence from the EU? You're happy that the so-called founding principles of that organization do not in fact exist in practice?

6 minutes ago, elijah said:

And he looked very awkward, he has no presence, no charisma. How he is a president? And his speech was very ambiguous though I must admit I liked the fact that he proposed dialogue.

The speech was very intelligent imo.  It included all the people.  Those who want independence.  Those who don't want it but are angry because they have the right for a referendum,  and those who consider all this a wrong way.  

But yes, afterwards he had to speak for the independence and then he made little sense.