Spain...destroying themselves from the inside

Just now, karbatal said:

Well, Rajoy is from Galicia :lmao:

Well, I expect the Catalan Parliament will declare the independence and then tomorrow starts 155, that is, the autonomy is suspended. Then there will be new elections... 

Or maybe the Parliament will call for new elections, as people from Puigdemont's party do not want independence? 

Stay tuned! 

Resultado de imagen de popcorn gif

did the mossos arrest alvaro de marichalar????:lol: ( spain´s king´s sisster´s former brother in law!!!!!! he was in fron´t of the catalan parliament complaining or something!!) asshole!!!! people screaming to him TONTOOOO!!!!:lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, promise to try said:

did the mossos arrest alvaro de marichalar????:lol: ( spain´s king´s sisster´s former brother in law!!!!!! he was in fron´t of the catalan parliament complaining or something!!) asshole!!!! people screaming to him TONTOOOO!!!!:lol::lol:

Yes :rotfl:

And what about the gipsy man that shows every day his dick to that Jordi who is now in jail after his demonstration jumping in a Guardia Civil car? He shows his cock and shouts "Viva España" every day. 

:lmao:

Just now, karbatal said:

Yes :rotfl:

And what about the gipsy man that shows every day his dick to that Jordi who is now in jail after his demonstration jumping in a Guardia Civil car? He shows his cock and shouts "Viva España" every day. 

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!! that´s new for me!!!!!:wacko::lol::lol:

5 minutes ago, promise to try said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!! that´s new for me!!!!!:wacko::lol::lol:

That Jordi is in jail and then one gipsy told him the first day "Viva España". Then Jordi complained that he was harassed and the prison told the gipsy to behave. And you know what happens if you confront a gipsy, right? Now all gipsies in prison hate Jordi and one of them each day takes out his cock and shouts Viva España. 

26 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well, Rajoy is from Galicia :lmao:

Well, I expect the Catalan Parliament will declare the independence and then tomorrow starts 155, that is, the autonomy is suspended. Then there will be new elections... 

Or maybe the Parliament will call for new elections, as people from Puigdemont's party do not want independence? 

Stay tuned! 

As if the catalans will sit by, just waiting for the spanish authorities crush their separatists dreams calling for "ellections" to put in place a madrid puppet which they clearly don't want.... please, the situation is escalating more and more as we speak. There will be conflict. No doubt about it.

13 minutes ago, Nessie said:

As if the catalans will sit by, just waiting for the spanish authorities crush their separatists dreams calling for "ellections" to put in place a madrid puppet which they clearly don't want.... please, the situation is escalating more and more as we speak. There will be conflict. No doubt about it.

You know so little about Spain and the EU. 

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

You know so little about Spain and the EU. 

I always respected your point of view, i know the topic is very sensitive to you, but let me put this kindly: unless you have anything constructive to reply, please stay on topic and avoid personal attacks. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Nessie said:

I always respected your point of view, i know the topic is very sensitive to you, but let me put this kindly: unless you have anything constructive to reply, please stay on topic and avoid personal attacks. Thank you.

It was not personal. It's the fact that the last time you posted you were expecting TANKS INVADING THE CITY or something like that. You know very little about Spain. Do you think this is our first territorial crisis? We had a separatists terrorist group for 30 years and havoc in some cities in the Basque Country EVERY WEEKEND. Yes, 30 years. If you think anything is going to scalate bigger than people demonstrating, then you know very little about Spain. 

32 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It was not personal. It's the fact that the last time you posted you were expecting TANKS INVADING THE CITY or something like that. You know very little about Spain. Do you think this is our first territorial crisis? We had a separatists terrorist group for 30 years and havoc in some cities in the Basque Country EVERY WEEKEND. Yes, 30 years. If you think anything is going to scalate bigger than people demonstrating, then you know very little about Spain. 

You really think people are just demonstrating and they will just keep doing that? I don't think so, and not a sign of any dialogue is happening right now! Don't you think a dialogue with madrid is needed rather than just force the catalans a new ellection? What do you think the supposed ellection would be like?

I may not know everything about your country background, but what i know for sure is that the whole world is talking about how the spanish government lost its legitimacy when it shipped in thousands of armed thugs to beat peaceful catalans in their own streets, for the high crime of marking a piece of paper. By doing this horrible act, madrid has just signaled how brutal they can be if they feel like it. I wouldn't be so sure that the situation couldn't escalate to a regional conflict.

1 hour ago, Nessie said:

You really think people are just demonstrating and they will just keep doing that? I don't think so, and not a sign of any dialogue is happening right now! Don't you think a dialogue with madrid is needed rather than just force the catalans a new ellection? What do you think the supposed ellection would be like?

I may not know everything about your country background, but what i know for sure is that the whole world is talking about how the spanish government lost its legitimacy when it shipped in thousands of armed thugs to beat peaceful catalans in their own streets, for the high crime of marking a piece of paper. By doing this horrible act, madrid has just signaled how brutal they can be if they feel like it. I wouldn't be so sure that the situation couldn't escalate to a regional conflict.

The whole world...  Not even EU countries care anymore let alone the whole world.  

Do you think the whole world remembers the Barcelona terror attack anymore?  Nowadays news go faster than the speed of light.  

Anyway,  cool that in your fantasy this is going to become some kind of Ukraine.  Not the case though. 

Just now, Nessie said:

apparently the basque president has been talking with the spanish government and the catalan...and at one moment today it seemed that it was possible to have elections called today in catalonia, and the 155 stopped tomorrow.but something happen.as far as I know, the pp radicals and the pro independence radicals (CUP)...but so far we know nothing for sure.

anyways, this is going to be loooong, and meanwhile, the judges are saying that PP has steal a lot of money and nobody cares about it.

10 hours ago, promise to try said:

apparently the basque president has been talking with the spanish government and the catalan...and at one moment today it seemed that it was possible to have elections called today in catalonia, and the 155 stopped tomorrow.but something happen.as far as I know, the pp radicals and the pro independence radicals (CUP)...but so far we know nothing for sure.

anyways, this is going to be loooong, and meanwhile, the judges are saying that PP has steal a lot of money and nobody cares about it.

It's a SHAME.  The biggest corruption scandal and all we hear is Catalonia.  

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/27/catalonia-spain-eu-central-power-autonomy

A very interesting article. And yes I do agree the EU has to do something about this growing trend. Protectionism and indipendence are on the rise amongst people who got disillusioned with the current affairs and they have nostalgic dreams of going back to their federal past. 

Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain

The Catalan regional parliament has voted to declare independence from Spain, just as the Spanish government appears set to impose direct rule.

The move was backed 70-10 in a ballot boycotted by opposition MPs.

Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy earlier told senators direct rule was needed to return "law, democracy and stability" to Catalonia.

The crisis began when Catalans backed independence in a disputed vote earlier this month.

The Catalan government said that of the 43% of potential voters who took part in the referendum, 90% were in favour of independence. But Spain's Constitutional Court had ruled the vote illegal.

In all, the motion declaring independence was approved with 70 in favour, 10 against and two abstentions in the 135-seat chamber.

Immediately afterwards, Mr Rajoy called for all Spaniards to remain calm, promising to "restore legality" to Catalonia.

Spain's Senate is still to vote on whether for the first time to enact Article 155 of the Spanish constitution, which empowers the government to take "all measures necessary to compel" a region in case of a crisis.

It would enable Madrid to fire Catalan leaders, and take control of the region's finances, police and public media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41780116

What a mess.  Instead of solving problems,  both governments are creating havoc.  This is uncharted territory,  let's see what happens.  I cross my fingers that regular people,  normal people,  don't pay for this mess. That this doesn't affect much economy in Catalonia or the rest of Spain.  Because frankly,  these absurd politicians always walk free and whistle from the distance.  

I hope too that there's no prison for anybody,  even though they have broken the law big time.  It won't help. 

I do wonder too why Rajoy wanted the situation to get this far?????  Wouldn't it have been better if elections have been called yesterday????  

I really think we miss very important information here.  

I don't get this: "In all, the motion declaring independence was approved with 70 in favour, 10 against and two abstentions in the 135-seat chamber"

How can they vote something so important with a ridiculous majority?????  If those absent as protest had been there it would have been 70-63-2! 

There are far less important rules in any parliament that require a bigger majority!  

7 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

Apparently The Spanish Senate has approved invoking Constitutional Article 155, imposing direct rule on Catalonia. The move came minutes after the region’s parliament declared independence from Spain.

https://www.rt.com/news/407965-spanish-senate-rule-catalonia/

This is so incredibly wrong too!! Having our own parliament in every region in Spain has been so positive always.  But then again,  this is the law to apply in our Constitution in cases like this... 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

What a mess.  Instead of solving problems,  both governments are creating havoc.  This is uncharted territory,  let's see what happens.  I cross my fingers that regular people,  normal people,  don't pay for this mess. That this doesn't affect much economy in Catalonia or the rest of Spain.  Because frankly,  these absurd politicians always walk free and whistle from the distance.  

I hope too that there's no prison for anybody,  even though they have broken the law big time.  It won't help. 

I do wonder too why Rajoy wanted the situation to get this far?????  Wouldn't it have been better if elections have been called yesterday????  

I really think we miss very important information here.  

I hope you are not laughing now.

The separatist politician sending a message to retired people in Catalonia: "Don't worry,  Spain will pay your pension" :lmao:

Spain will pay your army so you are in the NATO and UE too.  

Spain will pay your security too :lmao:

What kind of independence is this?  The one from the posh daughter that still gets the food from the fridge and the clean laundry?  

:rotfl:

And Donald Tusk speaking minutes later saying that Spain is right using 155 and Catalonia is not a country valid for the EU?  

Oh dear... What an embarrassment. 

I hope, if/when we become independent, the process wont be as embarrassing as this it´s right now.and I´m afraid they are making our, well, any legal process for the independence, way more difficult now.I only hope the army doesn´t go to catalonia...

Congratulations to the Independent Republic of Catalonia!!!

So what force are the right wing Francoist Spanish govt gonna use to impose 'direct rule' I wonder?

Progressive lovers of democracy and civic nationalism are celebrating worldwide, while the narrow-minded fascists (and ethnic nationalists) weep. 

DNJwy4HX4AYU1hN.jpg

Just now, sotos8 said:

Silly question:if Catalonia is  in Spain why does have a separate government?

spain has some parts that have a strong cultural-historical-whatever personality, and have had in some cases governments before spain was formed.so, after (and before!) franco,we have had our regional governments.

1 minute ago, promise to try said:

meanwhile, in the street that doesn´t appear in the picture, other catalonians are on a march against the independence...

If I want to see that I'll watch the BBC or the other propaganda channels.

There are two sides to everything, it's true.

It's always good to be on the RIGHT side of history though. And I am!

2 minutes ago, promise to try said:

spain has some parts that have a strong cultural-historical-whatever personality, and have had in some cases governments before spain was formed.so, after (and before!) franco,we have had our regional governments.

well ,this independence thing would have happened eventually ,strange system you have there 

1 minute ago, Kim said:

If I want to see that I'll watch the BBC or the other propaganda channels.

There are two sides to everything, it's true.

It's always good to be on the RIGHT side of history though. And I am!

of course not everybody would be pro independence that's why they should all vote on the referendum , sabotaged by the spanish govervement .that thing backfired for good! Of course for EU croatia and bosnia had the right to become independent from Yugoslavia but other parts in Europe haven't? Talk about double standards