2016 American Presidential Thread

spazz

5 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

White trash

self loathing women

You know these morons would be flipping a gasket if Obama fat shamed women all the time though.  I wonder why that is?  Hmmmm....

Oh and that leaked audio of Hillary talking about the Bernie supporters absolutely does have legs. It's on the front page of many news websites, including Politico. I was young once and full of their same ideals, which I still hold but am more realistic about. Point is, I know how they think and it's not so much the "basement dwellers" that's gonna piss them off, it's the excerpt about  the system in Scandinavia and "they don't know what it means." That is a direct insult, talking down to them and it won't go over well. I remember years ago some conservative guy saying something to the effect that anti establishment people aren't smart enough to communicate their beliefs. Those kind of comments stay with me on Election Day and it will with Bernie supporters too.

Bottom line, Just more of Hillary talking down to everybody who doesn't agree with her and her holier-than-thou cohorts. Half of Trump supporters, now Bernie's too, blatantly disregarded. Makes you wonder once again about all the stuff we haven't heard to her Goldman Sachs buddies (and God knows who else).

JILL NOT HILL

PUDIN NOT BILLARY

It is important to recognize what’s going on in this election. Everybody who’s ever been in an election that I’m aware of is quite bewildered because there is a strain of, on the one hand, the kind of populist, nationalist, xenophobic, discriminatory kind of approach that we hear too much of from the Republican candidates. And on the other side, there’s just a deep desire to believe that we can have free college, free healthcare, that what we’ve done hasn’t gone far enough, and that we just need to, you know, go as far as, you know, Scandinavia, whatever that means, and half the people don’t know what that means, but it’s something that they deeply feel. So as a friend of mine said the other day, I am occupying from the center-left to the center-right. And I don’t have much company there. Because it is difficult when you’re running to be president, and you understand how hard the job is — I don’t want to overpromise. I don’t want to tell people things that I know we cannot do.

Some are new to politics completely. They’re children of the Great Recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement. They feel they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves. And they don’t see much of a future. I met with a group of young black millennials today and you know one of the young women said, “You know, none of us feel that we have the job that we should have gotten out of college. And we don’t believe the job market is going to give us much of a chance.” So that is a mindset that is really affecting their politics. And so if you’re feeling like you’re consigned to, you know, being a barista, or you know, some other job that doesn’t pay a lot, and doesn’t have some other ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe, just maybe, you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing. So I think we should all be really understanding of that and should try to do the best we can not to be, you know, a wet blanket on idealism. We want people to be idealistic. We want them to set big goals. But to take what we can achieve now and try to present them as bigger goals.

She is being very pragmatic here.

For First Time In 130 Years, More Young Adults Live With Parents Than With Partners

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/05/24/479327382/for-first-time-in-130-years-more-young-adults-live-with-parents-than-partners

Yeah this is absolutely a NON story. While many of the comments on the Politicos etc..are from whiny, click baiting imbeciles who didn't even read the entire article or listen to what she said! There are actually many comments from non Hillary supporters who say she was either right or didnt say anything wrong! It's mainly the Bernie buffoons who are saying F you to Hillary :#. I really hope Robby Mook and her camp knows (and knew 6 months ago) exactly who and how many they need (very possibly w/out x-amount of Bernie voters).

His hardcore loons are basically as crazed and awful as Trumps. Just on the deep delusional left. Good let them not vote or vote for Johnson/Stein lool. They think 'this' is bad and unfair...let's see how much they meltdown 24/7 in the next 4 yrs for NOT voting for the 'tired, corrupt, lying witch etc..' after President Trump/Pence appoint 3-4 Scalias (or worse) to the Supreme Court. lol They truly have zero clue. If he wins just watch it be due to them. 

Poor Jeb & Hillary. Just didn't get the election their corporate friends assured them they'd have.

Jeb's down. She's next. Whether she wins the election or not.

Hey guys guess what the NYT obtained Trump's tax records from 1995 and it looks like he may not have paid his income taxes for 18 years

Also his case for the rape of a 13 year old aspiring model is scheduled for Oct 13

Does he have a rape case?

how did they let him run the presidential race in the first place? :confused:

this whole elections is a joke.

The FBI chooses Trump to play against Hillary to make her win and becomes president at this moment Trump will wear the straightjacket.

1 hour ago, le smoking said:

Hey guys guess what the NYT obtained Trump's tax records from 1995 and it looks like he may not have paid his income taxes for 18 years

Also his case for the rape of a 13 year old aspiring model is scheduled for Oct 13

I had no idea about said rape case.  Damn.  Nothing shocks me anymore with this sociopath.

14 hours ago, Skin said:

You know these morons would be flipping a gasket if Obama fat shamed women all the time though.  I wonder why that is?  Hmmmm....

the color of you @Skin

Bernie Sanders told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that Hillary Clinton was “absolutely correct” when she said many of his supporters were living in their parents’ basements and struggling to find jobs.

“During the campaign we had our differences, but what she was saying there was absolutely correct,” Sanders said during an interview Sunday morning in response to the newly leaked audio of Clinton talking about Sanders’ supporters during a private fundraiser in February.

“You have millions of young people, many of whom took out loans in order to go to college, hoping to go out and get decent-paying jobs and they are unable to do that,” said Sanders, who endorsed Clinton two months ago. “And yes, they do want a political revolution. They want to transform this society.”

The interview on ABC’s “This Week” was Sanders’ first response to the audio that was trending on social media over the weekend, although some of his staff had taken to Twitter to defend Clinton.

Clinton’s remarks came during a fundraiser at the home of former U.S. Ambassador Beatrice Welters, and the audio was first released by the conservative publication The Washington Free Beacon on Friday night.

“They’re children of the great recession. And they are living in their parents’ basement, they feel that they got their education and the jobs that are available to them are not at all what they envisioned for themselves, and they don’t see much of a future,” Clinton said in the audio.

“If you’re feeling that you’re consigned to being a barista or some other job that doesn’t pay a lot and doesn’t have much of a ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe, just maybe, you could be part of a political revolution is pretty appealing,” she continued. “So I think we all should be really understanding of that, and we should try to do the best we can not to be a wet blanket on idealism.”

Donald Trump’s campaign jumped on the story of the audio, with the Republican nominee using it to make a direct appeal to Sanders’ supporters.

“Crooked H is nasty to Sanders supporters behind closed doors. Owned by Wall St and Politicians, HRC is not with you,” Trump tweeted Saturday. (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/782264189574377472?ref_src=twsrc^tfw)

Sanders said he took Clinton’s words “exactly the opposite way.”

Clinton’s campaign yesterday emphasized to reporters that the former secretary of state has worked with Sanders since the primary ended. Sanders has been campaigning on behalf of the Democratic nominee in battleground states.

“As Hillary Clinton said in those remarks, she wants young people to be idealistic and set big goals,” Clinton campaign spokesman Glen Caplin said in a statement yesterday. “She is fighting for exactly what the millennial generation cares most about -- a fairer more equal, just world. She's working to create new pathways to jobs and career opportunities, to build more inclusivity and community, and to ensure everyone gets a fair shot.”

Many Sanders supporters, particularly college-age and other young voters, say they do not plan to vote for Clinton but are backing third-party candidates, according to recent polling.

Sanders said he was not going to tell people how to vote, but that Clinton’s policy proposals on climate change, equal pay and other issues were by far the closest to his own of any other candidates.

“Take a look at issue by issue,” Sanders said. “Clinton has a serious plan in order to transform our energy system … Take a look at [Libertarian Party candidate] Gary Johnson’s record on the environment, on the economy. It is a very conservative approach, something I think most of my supporters do not support.”

Asked if he agreed with a recent statement by President Obama that a vote for any third-party candidate would be a vote for Trump, Sanders said, “The evidence is overwhelming that the next president of the United States is going to be Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, and if you are voting for someone else and not supporting Hillary Clinton because, in a sense, she doesn’t live up to all of your specifications or ideas, I think it is in a sense a vote for Trump.”

1 hour ago, Skin said:

Thank you Bernie!

Bernie's response was fantastic and it was truly authentic. Nothing contrived. Again...it's his major crazed loons who are NOT and will never vote for her..or basically anyone BUT Bernie. They're every bit as bad as Monsters, Lambs, Bieber lovers etc...Total sheep who can't even make a legit case for their cause even though Bernie has said GTF over it! They'll obsess over this shit vs Trump (at the minimum) not paying his fking taxes for at least 20 years! lol 

17 minutes ago, Skin said:

Fucking.  Clown.  There is something SERIOUSLY mentally wrong with people that support him.  Not enough love as a child or something?

Proves he can't stay on script goes completely off topic one minute to the next no focus

He's just there for entertainment a freak show for his freak supporters

9 hours ago, Hector said:

Baldwin knocked it out of the ballpark! LOL Grand slam. Think Baldwin has the Emmy already. Possibly better than Tina Fey/Palin! 

Oh the hypocrisy.

But the New York Times itself has “avoided” paying taxes — in 2014, for example.

Forbes : http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreydorfman/2016/01/31/new-york-times-hypocrisy-on-corporate-taxes-reaches-record-high/#2bf3ab866577

… for tax year 2014, The New York Times paid no taxes and got an income tax refund of $3.5 million even though they had a pre-tax profit of $29.9 million in 2014. In other words, their post-tax profit was higher than their pre-tax profit. The explanation in their 2014 annual report is, “The effective tax rate for 2014 was favorably affected by approximately $21.1 million for the reversal of reserves for uncertain tax positions due to the lapse of applicable statutes of limitations.” If you don’t think it took fancy accountants and tax lawyers to make that happen, read the statement again.

^^^ Seriously??? Hypocrisy? You think the NYT should not report on Trumps taxes because they basically used the same tax deduction and refund policies as Trump? Guess what? The very same policies apply to all companies in the U.S.. Similar laws exist in most parts of the world. You have a negative income one year, you have the possibility to form provisions for future years. Nothing new here. From my perspective the NYT is not writing he did something illegal Their report is just another proof that Trump is not the great businessman he claims to be. Almost a billion in losses? In result he most likely did not have to pay any income taxes for almost 2 decades thanks to his great business acumen. Again, nothing is illegal. BUT it is very much hypocritical of him to run around with his hollier than thou attitude complaining about the unfairness of the tax system when in fact he is the one very much profiting from system. The article shows two reasons why Trump is not willing to show his tax returns. From my perspective the NYT is doing their job as journalists revealing information that should be known to the people. They must write about someone who is preaching water and drinking the wine. The fact the NYT is also a company that posts profits or losses does not devalue the importance of the story.

7 hours ago, Love Spent said:

Serious question: Would you have voted for Sanders if he'd gotten the nomination?

Idk what I would have done, I'm still trying to get through this election.