2016 American Presidential Thread

spazz

Nothing new that we havent heard. just as predicted to get middle america on their "sides". both had their own quirks... bad and good. can't wait for the onslaught of reports this gets in the AM. Go Hil!!

I honestly think Kaine just wasn't himself at all and it def showed w/ the same canned (offensive but tired 'Trump lines'). He is just NOT an attack dog. Hes actually pretty likable normally so this was kind of cringe worthy. Seems Hillarys camp forced him to do this and it didn't work. Wasn't god awful or gonna change shit but unnecessary. Almost like the GOP somehow knew Kaine would be in this mode and def. outdid him. Almost instantly Pence sniffed out what he was doing. This is a VP debate. No idea why Kaine didn't just speak about policy and Pence himself and his dire record on social issues. Again, just talking overall style/demeanor not facts or substance. Clinton just destroyed him at the first debate and may again Sunday so this made no sense. 

4 hours ago, Bitch said:

Gotta give it to her team here, that's not bad. lolz

I hate the fact that both of them are picking on each other tweets/speeches and ignoring how to make AMERICA GREAT AGAIN even Michelle Obama fall into this drama

I got through about 30min of that snoozefest. 

Kaine came across kind of petulant and scripted, yes. The format and his prep obviously didn't suite him very well at all. Certainly not the impression they wanted him to make with an audience on him. He blunted the momentum Clinton had after the first debate.

Pence used to be a conservative radio talk show host, so he knows exactly the kind of demeanor to have in this kind of setting. He absolutely won on style. But, he couldn't defend Trump in any way, shape, or form. And that's going to be what's in the news cycle. 

Overall, this will do absolutely nothing to change the trajectory of the race. Especially with a hurricane that's about to make landfall and the other debate just 4 days away. 

We really need that next debate asap! and for Hillary to basically just do in/around what she did last week. Kaine was basically crap but not devastating (though I do NOT want to hear anymore of the 'you're fired, youre hired' or anymore Apprentice references anymore) Way more importantly, Bills major fuck up about the 'craziest thing in the world' comment abt. Obamacare is TEN times worse. No it's not going away and was possibly one of the worst mistakes anyone made on the Democratic side. Will say it again...*every time she has serious momentum either Hillary herself or Bill instantly instantly slice it up. Cork Bill up for another month..plz! he's useless and annoying as hell now. 

I for the hell of me simply had NO idea why Kaine insisted on interrupting.  I mean didn't he know that was one of the big negatives that Trump received in the first debate!?   Going in with such a big lead all he had to do was follow the format to a tee and attack when it was his turn. 

11 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Pence, cause I can tell he loves taking it up the ass. All those anti-gay laws aren't fooling anyone. Plus the aforementioned line about being on his knees every day...works for me. :stir:

So this means you are a top?

emma-stone-says-oh-yea.gif

1 hour ago, Skin said:

I for the hell of me simply had NO idea why Kaine insisted on interrupting.  I mean didn't he know that was one of the big negatives that Trump received in the first debate!?   Going in with such a big lead all he had to do was follow the format to a tee and attack when it was his turn. 

Exactly. You are ONLY defensive in any way when you are losing. There was 0 reason for Kaine to carry himself that way. Wasnt even so much what he said which were def valid points but more his entire body language and tone. Again..acted like they were seriously losing/panic mode. Yes, if Pence would've gone after Hillary, let him ramble and finish his point 'then' make your point in a calm composed way.

Even some conservatives are actually baffled why Kaine didn't hit Pence harder w/ his *own fucked up right wing policies and the entire RNC platform vs the rambling, scripted, tired talking points only about Trump. Kaine was basically Trump lite last night..sorry! Very well liked and respected by everyone in DC and in general but if one never heard of this dude and this was their first impression he was crap. Pence is actually the one who is evil and insane yet came across as sane and likable to the GP :/. 

24 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Exactly. You are ONLY defensive in any way when you are losing. There was 0 reason for Kaine to carry himself that way. Wasnt even so much what he said which were def valid points but more his entire body language and tone. Again..acted like they were seriously losing/panic mode. Yes, if Pence would've gone after Hillary, let him ramble and finish his point 'then' make your point in a calm composed way.

Even some conservatives are actually baffled why Kaine didn't hit Pence harder w/ his *own fucked up right wing policies and the entire RNC platform vs the rambling, scripted, tired talking points only about Trump. Kaine was basically Trump lite last night..sorry! Very well liked and respected by everyone in DC and in general but if one never heard of this dude and this was their first impression he was crap. Pence is actually the one who is evil and insane yet came across as sane and likable to the GP :/. 

Well, I didn't think he was THAT bad. He just wasn't as polished as Hillary or Pence. In most polls I've seen today, Pence beat him by a 5-8 point margin. Hardly a landslide. 

The blowback is coming from Pence unable to defend the indefensible when it comes to Trump.

9 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Well, I didn't think he was THAT bad. He just wasn't as polished as Hillary or Pence. In most polls I've seen today, Pence beat him by a 5-8 point margin. Hardly a landslide. 

The blowback is coming from Pence unable to defend the indefensible when it comes to Trump.

Im def hearing that too and think was part of their 'strategy'. A semi effective one but sorry to say it again...was all about Kaines entire demeanor. That's basically the universal consensus even from liberals. Wasn't that the 'substance' wasn't there it was just the way he came across. Goes back to when some say just turn off the volume and look at their body language. The optics more than anything are what makes someone a 'winner'. This was not a disaster or game changer in any way and will be forgotten...like by tomorrow lol. It's ALL about Hillary now hopefully flushing him for good on Sunday and putting this nightmare to an end for good. 

^ Yup :D. NYT is actually becoming as bad (hopefully worse) than Wikileaks which so far has actually been trolling the hell out of team Trump lol! Doubtful but some are even speculating Billary already 'got' to Assange in some way or form and caused him to either sell out or chicken out lol. Again..wouldnt get too optimistic cause he loathes her but that stunt he pulled the other day was super back stabbing to Dumpster and his alt right lunatics. To keep most of them up ALL night then basically middle finger them..not good to put it quite mildly lol. 

16 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

^ Yup :D. NYT is actually becoming as bad (hopefully worse) than Wikileaks which so far has actually been trolling the hell out of team Trump lol! Doubtful but some are even speculating Billary already 'got' to Assange in some way or form and caused him to either sell out or chicken out lol. Again..wouldnt get too optimistic cause he loathes her but that stunt he pulled the other day was super back stabbing to Dumpster and his alt right lunatics. To keep most of them up ALL night then basically middle finger them..not good to put it quite mildly lol. 

If an organization or someone leaks something about Hillary it's wrong, someone should be put into prison, etc., but when they do it to Trump it's awesome? 

This goes back to what I said months ago. If Hillary wins she will get away with anything that she wants because people in the US support their politicians blindly and rarely if ever hold their own party accountable for anything. Democrats can do no wrong (according to democrats) and vice versa. 

19 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

If an organization or someone leaks something about Hillary it's wrong, someone should be put into prison, etc., but when they do it to Trump it's awesome? 

This goes back to what I said months ago. If Hillary wins she will get away with anything that she wants because people in the US support their politicians blindly and rarely if ever hold their own party accountable for anything. Democrats can do no wrong (according to democrats) and vice versa. 

It is absolutely wrong in general, yes even if it forces 'transparency'. If it was basically ANYone else but Trump and I truly mean that, I'd feel the same way and think it's equally as slimy/icky to do that to that candidate- even if I didn't agree w/ them on most issues. What's the difference between stealing someones private e-mails, recording a conversation, tapping a phone etc...Even if unethical things it's still technically wrong. 

Trump isn't where he is all on his own. Not in the least. He's a huge wad and result of 'where' the US and many parts of the world are now. Unfortunately, mainly because of Trump the entire political landscape and any kind of decency..in any way basically went into the sewer. When you have a presidential candidate for the most  powerful job in the world 30 days out 'tweeting' anything (let alone off the insane sleazy deep end) and still be super competitive says it all. As wrong as it is and will always be, it's the new fair game right now, sorry.  

18 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

And just for the record, I think leaks are a good thing. They promote transparency. 

Um, no they're not. Not any. Not from anyone. Not from any organization. 

Transparency is an entirely different thing than blatant spying, stealing, and putting up personal emails from individuals without their knowledge. Do you email at your job? Would you like your personal emails out there flying in the wind?

And for the record, I don't WANT to know everything my government is doing. I don't need to know every single functioning detail from elected officials. Just like I don't need or want to know the details any other job. 

I keep myself informed. I get to know my local and state reps and leaders. What Senator Jones said about Representative Smith in an email is a waste of my time. 

The NYT leaked ONE document about Trump and it shows that he's a liar and a bad businessman. Wikileaks leaked millions of confidential documents and private conversations just to embarass the US. You can't compare that.

1 minute ago, Moka said:

The NYT leaked ONE document about Trump and it shows that he's a liar and a bad businessman. Wikileaks leaked millions of confidential documents just to embarass the US. You can't compare that.

Exactly. The fact the pos himself ASKED Russia to hack Hillary/DNC...well (in this slimy remote case/election) fair game! Still wrong and a wrong that hopefully UN-normalizes itself rapidly by 2020. 

9 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Um, no they're not. Not any. Not from anyone. Not from any organization. 

Transparency is an entirely different thing than blatant spying, stealing, and putting up personal emails from individuals without their knowledge. Do you email at your job? Would you like your personal emails out there flying in the wind?

And for the record, I don't WANT to know everything my government is doing. I don't need to know every single functioning detail from elected officials. Just like I don't need or want to know the details any other job. 

I keep myself informed. I get to know my local and state reps and leaders. What Senator Jones said about Representative Smith in an email is a waste of my time. 

Yes, they are. That's my opinion. If you don't agree that's fine but I clearly said "I think." I didn't say it's a fact the way you do when you share your opinion.

You can all bet your asses that every elected official at least in the US will think twice before using a private server to conduct official matters. Just like every person who even thinks about running for president will think twice before running their mouths when they haven't paid any personal income tax in almost 2 decades. 

1 minute ago, ULIZOS said:

Yes, they are. That's my opinion. If you don't agree that's fine but I clearly said "I think." I didn't say it's a fact the way you do when you share your opinion.

You can all bet your asses that every elected official at least in the US will think twice before using a private server to conduct official matters. Just like every person who even thinks about running for president will think twice before running their mouths when they haven't paid any personal income tax in almost 2 decades. 

How can you justify the theft of millions upon millions of personal and confidential emails, mostly, from individuals who have zero prominence or clout within our government? I just can't wrap my head around why any one would think this is a positive thing. 

How many of us have sent a shitty email in a fit of anger? Or said something incorrect? Or talked about how Betty eats all the donuts in the break room? 

You're entitled to to your opinion, but I just have a hard time believing this kind of breach of security is a good thing. 

1 minute ago, KalamazooJay said:

How can you justify the theft of millions upon millions of personal and confidential emails, mostly, from individuals who have zero prominence or clout within our government? I just can't wrap my head around why any one would think this is a positive thing. 

How many of us have sent a shitty email in a fit of anger? Or said something incorrect? Or talked about how Betty eats all the donuts in the break room? 

You're entitled to to your opinion, but I just have a hard time believing this kind of breach of security is a good thing. 

Then don't sit there and applaud your team when they pull the very same tactics that you've been denouncing for over a year now. Even if it's "just one document," in just 4 or 5 or however many posts in this thread, several members are trying to say that leaks are awful, but in Trump's case it's perfectly fine. Give me a break. 

Both parties are playing dirty and all this is doing is contributing to 1) the public losing faith in the system and 2) very nasty elections in the future. 

And, again, just for the record, I LOVE the fact that the NYT leaked the document. We need more of this. I'm not complaining, it's you guys who say one thing and then another.

2 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Then don't sit there and applaud your team when they pull the very same tactics that you've been denouncing for over a year now. Even if it's "just one document," in just 4 or 5 or however many posts in this thread, several members are trying to say that leaks are awful, but in Trump's case it's perfectly fine. Give me a break. 

Both parties are playing dirty and all this is doing is contributing to 1) the public losing faith in the system and 2) very nasty elections in the future. 

And, again, just for the record, I LOVE the fact that the NYT leaked the document. We need more of this. I'm not complaining, it's you guys who say one thing and then another.

Well, for the record this is my first post in this thread regarding Wikileaks and my opinion on it. 

I don't think it's good for any 'team' and I certainly wouldn't be applauding anything if it were turned around on republicans. 

As far as the NYT story, that's journalism and I also have NO problem with that kind of reporting. It's completely different than what Wikileaks does. 

3 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

Well, for the record this is my first post in this thread regarding Wikileaks and my opinion on it. 

I don't think it's good for any 'team' and I certainly wouldn't be applauding anything if it were turned around on republicans. 

As far as the NYT story, that's journalism and I also have NO problem with that kind of reporting. It's completely different than what Wikileaks does. 

Agree it's absolutely different. Majorly different. Both technically 'unethical' but Wikileaks is basically off the chart fcked up w/ what they've done and continue to do. It's sinister. Refer to your other post about ANY personal e-mails, info, etc etc..ranging from minor to significant and confidential. That's Wikileaks and It's dripping from wrong!