MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KalamazooJay

Heart

I searched for a thread to celebrate one of the all time best rock groups EVER. Heart. I couldn't find one, so here we go.

Any fans?? I saw them a few years ago and was BLOWN AWAY by how good Nancy Wilson still sounds. I mean, seriously. She is an absolute force of nature. The entire arena shook when she hit some of those notes. I just love everything about them. 

Top songs:

Magic Man

Crazy On You

These Dreams

Never

Alone

Will You Be There (In The Morning)

Stranded

Gah, such a stellar discography! 

I like them.  Does that make me a geek?  Growing up, anyone who liked them was a nerd.  

Well, I like them.  I guess I'm a nerd.

I saw them live too.  They were great. 

Finding the first man in your life who made you realize that you were a woman.  Finding the first man who takes you away from your family.  

Finding the first man who gives you everything you ever dreamed of.  Finding the first man who ever made you cum!...

God bless Heart!

They have some incredible songs.  Magic Man, Baracuda, Alone, These Dreams, Crazy on you, What about love,All I wanna do is make love to you are just some examples. 

Love that the songs create such rich stories as well.  These Dreams is the ultimate song of celebrating crazy and beautiful dreams.  The lyrics are everything.  Magic man is pure lust and the thrill of it all.  I also love the whole reveal of All I want to do.  I like songs with little mini stories.  The girls could sing their hearts out as well. 

55 minutes ago, WeboGirl said:

I like them.  Does that make me a geek?  Growing up, anyone who liked them was a nerd.  

Well, I like them.  I guess I'm a nerd.

I saw them live too.  They were great. 

Ha Ha, never apologize for who you enjoy.  For years, I was taunted for loving Abba.   I even had a snobby bitchy shop assistant say to me "  O'h, how could you like that daggy group"  for buying an Abba CD and rolling her eyes back when it was like social suicide to admit to liking them.  My friends all pretended they were above them.  Later on, when they become hugely popular again,  these same friends and relatives admitted to always loving them and did not want to say because they thought it seemed daggy.    

Anyway back to Heart,  they combined rock and pop so well.  

I've loved them as far back as I can remember. As a kid, I'd always ask my Mom to play the Heart album (the one from 1985). Bad Animals is one of the first tapes I ever remember getting. My favorite album by them is easily Dreamboat Annie.....that album is amazing front to back. I hope to get it on vinyl soon and hear it the way it was REALLY meant to be heard! 

They have so many great songs, though I have to admit I'm not familiar with their early work except for Barracuda.

Bump.

Been on a Heart mood. Amazing ladies with some amazing songs under their belt. Totally underrated.

4 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

Bump.

Been on a Heart mood. Amazing ladies with some amazing songs under their belt. Totally underrated.

Yes, fantastic group and definitely underrated.  Another group too that when people do cover versions of their songs - they can never capture the brilliance of the originals. 

On 9/20/2016 at 9:50 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

They have some incredible songs.  Magic Man, Baracuda, Alone, These Dreams, Crazy on you, What about love,All I wanna do is make love to you are just some examples. 

Love that the songs create such rich stories as well.  These Dreams is the ultimate song of celebrating crazy and beautiful dreams.  The lyrics are everything.  Magic man is pure lust and the thrill of it all.  I also love the whole reveal of All I want to do.  I like songs with little mini stories.  The girls could sing their hearts out as well. 

I agree!

Have you seen this? Pretty cool!

12 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

I agree!

Have you seen this? Pretty cool!

Thanks for posting this @Flip The Switch.  Love it. 

Such a magical beautiful song.  

They have some pretty massive songs, yet they’re so obscure as a band. Don’t know anything about them. It’s really rather mysterious why they are so forgotten and unknown. 

54 minutes ago, Lolo said:

They have some pretty massive songs, yet they’re so obscure as a band. Don’t know anything about them. It’s really rather mysterious why they are so forgotten and unknown. 

I think they had a good run, with top 20 singles and platinum albums spanning three different decades, are respected in the industry especially for their 70s stuff and the public certainly appreciates several of their songs. But as we know too well, women and especially women of a certain age usually get no push from the labels and hardly any support from the radio.

Their 80s mainstream hard rock era, while successful, also gave them bad rep with rock purists that consider working with the likes of Diane Warren and Steinberg/Kelly made them sell outs.

They also broke their first contract over this ad, so I guess they do not like to play publicity games:

oaaa_heart1.jpg

Did they invent 80's Cher and did the dreadful Diane Warren steal their style?

I WANT ANSWERS. :fag:

their 80s stuff is brillia t and big part of defining the decade

This performance of Stairway to Heaven is absolutely brilliant. She's probably the only person who could even attempt to sing a song like this and she did it to perfection. You could see how moved Jimmy Page was just watching it. 

7 hours ago, acko said:

Did they invent 80's Cher and did the dreadful Diane Warren steal their style?

I WANT ANSWERS. :fag:

Well, she was doing songs like this by the time the "Heart" album came out and smashed in 1985:

They remind me of laying by some mountain stream on a cool early spring day in 1974 but I like them! Love the whole Dreamboat Annie album!!

Ann Wilson is 🔥 🔥 in this performance:

And Nancy 🔥 🔥 in this one:

They have an interesting story too:

On 9/20/2016 at 11:50 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

This has always been one of my favorite Heart songs, probably my first favorite! One of my favorite 80's songs period! I have memories of my Mom playing this vinyl as a very young kid and I'd inspect the album cover, for some reason I really liked it...lol. Fun fact about this song, it was actually written for Stevie Nicks for her Rock A Little album but she turned it down. After I found that out, I can totally hear it in the lyrics. 

They got some flak for their 80's work but I love a lot of it. They can do a power ballad like no other. Another favorite of mine:

Just now, Kurt420 said:

This has always been one of my favorite Heart songs, probably my first favorite! One of my favorite 80's songs period! I have memories of my Mom playing this vinyl as a very young kid and I'd inspect the album cover, for some reason I really liked it...lol. Fun fact about this song, it was actually written for Stevie Nicks for her Rock A Little album but she turned it down. After I found that out, I can totally hear it in the lyrics. 

They got some flak for their 80's work but I love a lot of it. They can do a power ballad like no other. Another favorite of mine:

These Dreams and Alone are two of the very best songs of the 80's.  I can also imagine Stevie singing These Dreams.  The lyrics are just incredible.  

Weird facts in how I listen to songs.  When songs really reached me,  I created visions of them in my head while listening to them.  These Dream's lyrics are so descriptive and imaginative that it is easy to do.   Alone  - I had it set in a magical toy room and the Girl singing was a toy fairy doll come to life at night and the love interest was a handsome action hero doll.  They both were fully fledged adults too which kind of does not make sense.   God, I know that sounds so weird but it did work and was sad and beautiful.   Yes, this was before Toy Story too. 

All I wanna do is make love to you was another.  What a great twist in that song.  I really love Heart.  The music, the lyrics, the singers and the stories in the songs.  The passion the girls always sang with too. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

These Dreams and Alone are two of the very best songs of the 80's.  I can also imagine Stevie singing These Dreams.  The lyrics are just incredible.  

Weird facts in how I listen to songs.  When songs really reached me,  I created visions of them in my head while listening to them.  These Dream's lyrics are so descriptive and imaginative that it is easy to do.   Alone  - I had it set in a magical toy room and the Girl singing was a toy fairy doll come to life at night and the love interest was a handsome action hero doll.  They both were fully fledged adults too which kind of does not make sense.   God, I know that sounds so weird but it did work and was sad and beautiful.   Yes, this was before Toy Story too. 

All I wanna do is make love to you was another.  What a great twist in that song.  I really love Heart.  The music, the lyrics, the singers and the stories in the songs.  The passion the girls always sang with too. 

:lol: love that story! Jazzy, you deserve a cut from the Toy Story gross for that! I used to do the same thing with songs, make little scenarios up or they'd just conjure up lots of images. I feel like 80's songs were really good for that. All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You is a very good song to be able to do that to. I had the image of the man in my head and he was so handsome, the baby, the road, hotel....all of it!! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

:lol: love that story! Jazzy, you deserve a cut from the Toy Story gross for that! I used to do the same thing with songs, make little scenarios up or they'd just conjure up lots of images. I feel like 80's songs were really good for that. All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You is a very good song to be able to do that to. I had the image of the man in my head and he was so handsome, the baby, the road, hotel....all of it!! :lol:

God yes.  He was just divine in my imagination of the song too and that line about how he saw his own eyes with the baby - it was like a crazy soap opera but in a good way.  The shock and the reaction when he realized the baby was his.  Magic Man was another.  Such descriptive and amazing songs. 

Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac was incredible as did not have to make up a scenario when listening because the video was perfect.  Same with Madonna videos.  Why I am such a fan of music videos because I think music, film, books etc are all inter-connected.  Well they are in my crazy brain.  If I did not like a video clip of a song I loved - i would just erase it from my mind and think of a new one myself when listening to it.