MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KalamazooJay

Heart

7 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

God yes.  He was just divine in my imagination of the song too and that line about how he saw his own eyes with the baby - it was like a crazy soap opera but in a good way.  The shock and the reaction when he realized the baby was his.  Magic Man was another.  Such descriptive and amazing songs. 

Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac was incredible as did not have to make up a scenario when listening because the video was perfect.  Same with Madonna videos.  Why I am such a fan of music videos because I think music, film, books etc are all inter-connected.  Well they are in my crazy brain.  If I did not like a video clip of a song I loved - i would just erase it from my mind and think of a new one myself when listening to it.  

Not crazy at all! Music, films and books have always been my three favorite areas of interests so I too think of them in a sort of connected way. It ages me to talk this way, but that's what was so great about those songs.....you were actually able to create very vivid images and full on scenarios just based on the lyrics and feel of the song. 

So agree about Gypsy video. I think it's easily one of the best pre MJ-Thriller/Madonna music videos ever created. Fits that song perfectly, 

13 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

They remind me of laying by some mountain stream on a cool early spring day in 1974 but I like them! Love the whole Dreamboat Annie album!!

Ann Wilson is 🔥 🔥 in this performance:

And Nancy 🔥 🔥 in this one:

Dreamboat Annie is such a great, magical, underrated album. Probably my favorite by them. One of those albums that take you somewhere else and makes you nostalgic about eras where you were not even born.

4 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

Dreamboat Annie is such a great, magical, underrated album. Probably my favorite by them. One of those albums that take you somewhere else and makes you nostalgic about eras where you were not even born.

It really is underrated. One of the best rock albums of all time if you ask me. Agreed that it takes you on a journey. It's really of it's time but still timeless. I do think this is their best full album. 

Nancy is such an underrated vocalist. Yes, Ann can do all sort of things with her voice but Nancy is great in her own right.