MadonnaNation.com Forums
Guest bluejean

Eurythmics

Guest bluejean

Let's discuss this LEGENDARY band.

And please no talk of Annie's AIDS TV shirts and all that. Let's focus on the BAND. They were BRILLIANT.

This THIS is what a real artist looks like when they perform. Not like a Halloween monster TRYING to be memorable. This is the real deal.

Guest bluejean

Amazing voice. Amazing lyrics. Amazing tunes. Just absolutely effortless brilliance.

So many classics. Wish they would get together again for a greatest hits tour.

torn on my side!!!!!!when tomorrow comes,there must be an angel,sweet dreams...even their last album, after a few years separated,.was wonderful.I find 17 again extremelly sad and beautiful.

I've loved them even longer than I've loved Madonna. Their discography is FLAWLESS.

Guest bluejean

I honestly have never properly delved into their albums. I just know their singles.

But I did grow up to my Mum playing Revenge in the car. Gosh. What a voice.

savage, you have placed a chill in my heart, i need a man, Beethoven song, missionary man, who's that girl....

SO MANY SONGS!!! 

9 hours ago, bluejean said:

Amazing voice. Amazing lyrics. Amazing tunes. Just absolutely effortless brilliance.

Love the Eurythmics and There must be an angel is one of my favourites.  They had some amazing hits that have stood the test of time. 

How sexy and hypnotic is Love is a Stranger 

Guest bluejean

Yes I love that song

Once again, amazing lyrics. I don't know if she wrote all the lyrics or if David Stewart was involved with that as well. But as a team they were amazing.

They're sheer pop brilliance. The diversity of their catalog is criminally underrated. As are their videos, which were some of the best ones to come out of the 80's. I just love everything about them.

Annie Lennox is right up there with Madonna and Tori Amos for me. She has one of THE best voices in pop music. There's just this aching vulnerability to it. Diva and Medusa are absolutely flawless  in my opinion. 

Never divulged into their albums either, maybe only one.  But have always loved Annie's voice and attitude (except for her M diss...about M's ta-ta's)...but that's just her view.  Anyway, always like "Who's That Gurl"...vunnin' around with you!!!   

The Eurythmics have such a great back catalogue.

I remember listening to "Revenge" quite a lot in the 90's and consider that album to be their very best.  "Missionary Man", "Thorn In My Side", "When Tomorrow Comes"... amazing.

1. Savage
  2. In The Garden
  3. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
  4. Touch
  5. Be Yourself Tonight
  6. Revenge
  7. Peace
  8. 1984 (For The Love Of Big Brother)
  9. We Too Are One

5 hours ago, todsmod said:

Never divulged into their albums either, maybe only one.  But have always loved Annie's voice and attitude (except for her M diss...about M's ta-ta's)...but that's just her view.  Anyway, always like "Who's That Gurl"...vunnin' around with you!!!   

Ohhh...so many tears dropped on this song in my tender puber years...lol...lovely to see Marilyn and the Bananaramas in the video as well...besides Annie's male personification done in a much better and handsome way than that witch who's flopping hard recently...lol

Always loved the Eurythmics and later Annie's solo career...when u have it, u just have it!

13 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

How sexy and hypnotic is Love is a Stranger 

This is my all time favorite Eurythmics song and video.  Everything about the lyrics are true.  And everything about the video is pure art.  

BIG thumbs up.  Annie is sex in every form. 

Guest bluejean

I may get in trouble but I think I prefer Eurythmics Who's That Girl over Madonna's

4 hours ago, bluejean said:

I may get in trouble but I think I prefer Eurythmics Who's That Girl over Madonna's

Me too! This is the first time I've dared to say it out loud.

4 hours ago, bluejean said:

+1

Touch is one of my favourite albums ever. And their early videos are timeless masterpieces, they were pop video pioneers.

11 hours ago, bluejean said:

Madonna's WTH was never a fave of mine so no big deal in joining the club of Eurythmics' WTG

Top 10:

Sweet Dreams

Here Comes the Rain Again

Missionary Man

I Need a Man

You Hurt Me (And I Hate You)

Thorn in My Side

You Have Placed a Chill in My Heart

A Little of You

There Must Be an Angel

Who's That Girl