Explosion In Manhattan, Chelsea area

anastaza

(This happened just a few blocks away from my aunt's office. I hope all of you who live in the city are okay!!!)

Explosion in New York's Chelsea neighborhood

1386097062001-breakingnews5.jpg

Elizabeth Weise | USATODAY

An explosion rocked New York's Chelsea neighborhood Saturday night.

The explosion came just after 8:30 pm when a dumpster blew up outside a 14-story residence for the blind, the New York Post reported. At least 15 people suffered minor injuries, police told the paper.

Tweets from the area describe "one loud long boom."

The explosion is described as being near 135 West 23rd Street in Manhattan. The New York Police Counter-Terrorism unit has responded to the blast.

Continue reading below

You may also be interested in

The Associated Press reported that firefighters were at the scene and that the New York Fire Department said the blast was reported shortly before 9 p.m.

Earlier in the day a pipe bomb exploded in Seaside Park, New Jersey near a Marine charity run. The device was placed in a garbage can.

creativeModDate = 1454074791000

They are not sure if this is linked to the one in Seaside NJ today.  A pipe bomb in a trash can.

My mom called me as she was leaving a seafood festival near by that they hold every year because they were shutting it down and making everyone leave to be safe.

Since it was in Seaside I figured it was just some asshole meth head, but now with this one I don't know what to think.

Horrible. Thankfully no fatalities. Hmm..directly after Obama and Hillary gave a major speech at the black caucus, new police commissioner. Plus this happening in a super gay area. Reeks from the stench of Trump...sorry! 

25 minutes ago, Skin said:

They are not sure if this is linked to the one in Seaside NJ today.  A pipe bomb in a trash can.

My mom called me as she was leaving a seafood festival near by that they hold every year because they were shutting it down and making everyone leave to be safe.

Since it was in Seaside I figured it was just some asshole meth head, but now with this one I don't know what to think.

Oh man. :( So scary!!!

Not a major Twitter user but holy fck it's INFESTED w/ Trump trolls/ Alt right Nazi-esque images and conspiracy shit swarming almost every biggest trending topic esp this one. 8*o. Guess its kind of old news but it's scary shit. Bannon/Trump are def behind this.  

And Hillarys response on her plane was painful to watch. She was Xanaxed out, drunk, 1/2 asleep or whatever. Like a walking talking corpse. No emotion, passion or concern in her tone or demeanor. As usual..zig zaggy eye contact and watching every single robotic word. :# 

17 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

And Hillarys response on her plane was painful to watch. She was Xanaxed out, drunk, 1/2 asleep or whatever. Like a walking talking corpse. No emotion, passion or concern in her tone or demeanor. As usual..zig zaggy eye contact and watching every single robotic word. :# 

I'm also getting sick of her Twitter posts. It's just Trump attack after Trump attack after Trump attack. I'd say a good 95% of her tweets are about Trump. 

34 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

I'm also getting sick of her Twitter posts. It's just Trump attack after Trump attack after Trump attack. I'd say a good 95% of her tweets are about Trump. 

Desperate. Shes stepping in it like Rubio did..when he was losing. And doing what Trump did when he was first running and/or losing..panicking.

Typical w/ this woman. When shes ahead $ips champagne w/ Babs and rests/chill waiting for it to be handed to her. Then...Obama, Sanders, now Trump (end result) Pattern here?  She and her team continue to think we're all clueless low info minions from the 80s and 90s. 

If she loses (though rapidly tempted to say when she loses) unless certain things are already 'taken care of' lol besides the Wikileaks, what happened 9/11 weekend was the 1st game changer. Not getting sick but the way it was handled. Just something about the whole thing reeally rubbed people the wrong way. Mixed in w/ the basket of deplorables speech while she was seriously illin. God awful optics in every way. Trump is Trump so we expect him to be in the Dump. Yes, he gets a pass. That said, anyone else would be decimating him. 

Stop following her on twitter and they are simply posting facts about Trump. 

Back on topic I woke up to this bomb news been sick in bed all weekend. Terror attack or not it happened people were injured it all seemed too easy. Now a second location is being investigated as well. 1 week after 9/11 and this happens maybe not as big of an attack but an attack nonetheless. This time it was not as tragic but obviously we are very vulnerable. 

5 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

I have just seen it and I saw someone giving a calm statement telling people to wait for further investigation what the cause of the explosion was and not to jump to conclusions without sufficient information. From my perspective this is the way you do it. Keep in mind she is constantly reminded about her false decision to go to war on Iraq. This decision was based on false information presented to her and other members of congress and senate. Clearly she is hesitant to make a statement that may turn out to be false. And she is a lawyer after all. Facts matter after all. Okay, I'm not so sure about that anymore.

1 hour ago, FreeMySoul said:

Up to 5 more devices found in a backpack in a nj train station

this is still being investigated 

I fear this is just a warning for something bigger to happen very scary 

I think it's more likely the 'lone wolves' who do these random attacks. They're much harder to predict and track.

On 9/18/2016 at 6:24 AM, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I have just seen it and I saw someone giving a calm statement telling people to wait for further investigation what the cause of the explosion was and not to jump to conclusions without sufficient information. From my perspective this is the way you do it. Keep in mind she is constantly reminded about her false decision to go to war on Iraq. This decision was based on false information presented to her and other members of congress and senate. Clearly she is hesitant to make a statement that may turn out to be false. And she is a lawyer after all. Facts matter after all. Okay, I'm not so sure about that anymore.

I've re-watched it and see what you're saying it's just we're in a time and environment that Trump has largely fueled. People are scared, fearful and want everything done instantly vs calm, cool and collective and non impulsive. Her way is obviously the right way. But Trump is a fear monger which feeds all the sheep and small minded low info people. Exploits and uses everything horrible thing happening saying 'I told you so' for political gain. Smarter educated people know what he's doing but I'm concerned like most people that the ones who are 'fired up' and vote are gonna do so out of that fear and frustration that he's exploited. 

Anyway thrilled they caught him! Just feel 'something' very shady is going on now and feel there's gonna be many of these or worse. Question is, how much of it are gonna be Trump trolls doing these things to benefit him :#