Egyptian police 'are using Grindr to find and arrest LGBT people'

jaron

Egyptian police 'are using Grindr to find and arrest LGBT people'

'It baffles me how easily people are willing to share such personal information in a country like Egypt'

grindr-app-dating-stock-image-.png Grindr have warned users to be extremely careful Grindr

Egyptian police are using Grindr and other dating apps to find and arrest members of the country's LGBT community, reports suggest.

Officers have allegedly utilised the gay dating app to pinpoint the location of people suspected of being LGBT.

According to an unnamed source from the Egyptian LGBT community, police have used the app to get within a "few hundred metres" of their targets, according to the Jerusalem Post.

The source told Egyptian lifestyle magazine, Cairo Scene: "It is possible to tell a user's position within a few hundred metres, and many users include personal pictures, making them easily identifiable to cops.

"It baffles me how easily people are willing to share such personal information in a country like Egypt. It is beyond stupid.

"I would advise anyone to be careful when dating online."

While homosexuality is not illegal in Egypt, authorities have continued to arrest members of the LGBT community under a "debauchery law".

Activists have claimed the vague guidelines set out in the law allow police to arrest and secure convictions of LGBT people.

In April, 11 men were given a total of 101 years in prison for a number of 'debauchery' offences, Gay Egypt reported.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/egyptian-police-grindr-dating-app-arrest-lgbt-gay-anti-gay-lesbian-homophobia-a7211881.html?cmpid=facebook-post

The app doesnt show the meters in Egypt

Egypt is a gay heaven if you are discreet and live alone, having a foreign passport is a ++

Provided the user switch off the "Show my distance" option.

But then again, if the profile before yours and after yours had indicated their distance, ppl will be able to deduce your distance as well.

Why do Governments care about homosexuality always baffles me. In this complicated world is the least important issue. Corruption, terrorism, kids abuse, women battery, poverty, health, labor rights...

But no, let's focus on homosexuality.

UGH

Provided the user switch off the "Show my distance" option.

But then again, if the profile before yours and after yours had indicated their distance, ppl will be able to deduce your distance as well.

Even if it's switched on it doesnt show distance, grindr banned this feature in countries where gays cant live safe.

Why do Governments care about homosexuality always baffles me. In this complicated world is the least important issue. Corruption, terrorism, kids abuse, women battery, poverty, health, labor rights...

But no, let's focus on homosexuality.

UGH

Exactly. Egypt has so many issues that needs to be addressed. But this ?

The app doesnt show the meters in Egypt

Egypt is a gay heaven if you are discreet and live alone, having a foreign passport is a ++

being an italian i can tell you that having foreign passport doesn't save you from anything in egypt

^ yes. The murder of the Italian student wasn't much in the news (this year is a nightmare and full of new news each day) but it was so horrible.

I ve read about it!!! Horrible!

Guest eroticerotic

I broke up with my grindr and scruff. I noticed I would only log on to get compliments and i rarely replied; unless i was drunk out or bored, and would basically troll others. Sometimes, very rarely, I did actually hook up. But I started to get weird vibes on them....this year actually. Profile pics seemed fake, the messages I would get were weird, and I started to recognize people I didn't even know, just knew them from seeing them on the apps. It was time to break up. haha

Guest eroticerotic

Exactly. Egypt has so many issues that needs to be addressed. But this ?

a lot of uncivilized men who need old world religion to feel important still think that force = power = masculine = man. targeting gay men and women, since they've bullied to the point where it is easy to target them, probably helps them deal with their own homosexuality and they probably feel like they are doing the right thing. Brainwashing at it's best.

I'll never understand the fixation on gay men and women unless it has something to do with insecurities going on inside that person's head.

being an italian i can tell you that having foreign passport doesn't save you from anything in egypt

the italian student murder was horrible, i still dont know who killed him.

Anyways accidents happen in every country , the foreigners have much privileges when they live in Egypt more than the original habitants.

I experienced this with my father and uncles who had others nationalities.

My American uncle was fucking the minds of the Egyptian police.

Anyways accidents happen in every country , the foreigners have much privileges when they live in Egypt more than the original habitants.

What happened to Giulio was simply disgusting and we are still wating for the truth.

Is this sharmuta still working on egyptian tv, Spazz?

What happened to Giulio was simply disgusting and we are still wating for the truth.

Is this sharmuta still working on egyptian tv, Spazz?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: OMG

She is truly sharmouta :rotfl:

When i watched this video for the first time , i was disturbed from her ignorance.

She is a flop fat actress not even a tv presenter she attacked an atheist before and cursed/insulted him LIVE when he told her I dont believe in Mohamed and kicked him out of the studio.

I hate this cunt and her mother was a BIG whore which the police used to catch her from night clubs for prostitution back in the 70's And now she wears hijab and pretends to be a devious religious lady :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: OMG

She is truly sharmouta :rotfl:

When i watched this video for the first time , i was disturbed from her ignorance.

She is a flop fat actress not even a tv presenter she attacked an atheist before and cursed/insulted him LIVE when he told her I dont believe in Mohamed and kicked him out of the studio.

I hate this cunt and her mother was a BIG whore which the police used to catch her from night clubs for prostitution back in the 70's And now she wears hijab and pretends to be a devious religious lady :lmao:

Yes, her ignorance is revolting. She was all over the news here in Italy and went viral after this wonderful piece of journalism.... I've heard about her being a flop actress too.

Yes, her ignorance is revolting. She was all over the news here in Italy and went viral after this wonderful piece of journalism.... I've heard about her being a flop actress too.

I know she has become famous in Italy after that especially when the video was subtitled in Italian

Here is the video im talking about

https://youtu.be/yyiyRSHAlds

I know she has become famous in Italy after that especially when the video was subtitled in Italian

Here is the video im talking about

https://youtu.be/yyiyRSHAlds

This phenomenon is spreading like wildfire (in Egypt). We have 866 atheists :lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl::rotfl:

This woman is dumb and ignorant like a rock. The video is hilarious.

Can you tell us more about your mind fucking uncle?

What a revolting woman! :megamanson:

Unfortunately there r millions who thinks like her and saw her a hero for not giving the chance for the guy to speak his thoughts and beliefs And kicking him out of studio :sad:

I remember one of my muslim work colleagues was about to lose his mind when he asked if I believe in Mohamed or not And I told him NOT.

Unfortunately there r millions who thinks like her and saw her a hero for not giving the chance for the guy to speak his thoughts and beliefs And kicking him out of studio :sad:

I remember one of my muslim work colleagues was about to lose his mind when he asked if I believe in Mohamed or not And I told him NOT.

That woman who did the programme on transgenders is even worse !

If i Was you, in this climate, i wouldn't tell colleagues my believes or my mind

You have foreign relatives? Cant you go away?

I dont get along with my relatives from my father side.

My last call with my father he advised me to go Canada instead of Germany where is living.

My American uncle (my moms brother ) has passed away last year , he wanted to adopt me :lmao:

He knews that I am GAY. He was an atheist.

Btw, if you're interested in Regeni story, go search for the reports italian newspaper did on www.repubblica.it

I will

My American uncle (my moms brother ) has passed away last year , he wanted to adopt me :lmao:

He knews that I am GAY. He was an atheist.

😂😂😂😂