Little boy in Aleppo a vivid reminder of war's horror :(

lasky

I can fully understand why the newsreader was in tears and I had the same reaction watching this footage. This is just heart-breaking in every way. Omran is an innocent little boy caught up in such horror and uncertainty. His shock and sadness should hit home to everyone about how devastating war is. His suffering is so wrong and senseless, when will we ever learn in this world ?

So that's what happens if they stay.

this happens if they leave

image.jpg

I truly think that anybody against refugees and against the idea that we have to help them is partly responsible of the situation. Remember when we watch a docu and dispise those people who kept silent while the Nazis were killing and destroying lives? JUST THE SAME!

Being silent, accepting this, is being an accomplice. Agreeing that these people shouldn't be rescued is being an accomplice.

And people like Obama and Putin should be judge and condemned. Because they are responsible of this war, simply because they want to control the resources. How many people have already died? There was a trial after the Balkan wars in the early 2000s. Well, i want the same trial so people like Obama (Peace Nobel Prize, what a shame) and Putin are put in jail.

If population woke up we would have the biggest revolution ever.

We are blind, we are gullible, we believe what we want to believe because we want only pretty pictures around us. And meanwhile people are dying, refugee kids are being kidnapped to be sexually abused in god knows which brothels, or killed to take their organs.

Karbatal you are romantic. Obama and Putin are not leaders of a small country like Yugoslavia ..and btw did you know that Milosevic was found not guilty for Bosnia war crimes by the Hague tribunal?

They are creating problems, not finding solutions. And by "they" we should say "we", because those are normally our countries, the ones in the NATO or alligned to Russia.

yes, i meant the same thing

One word that comes to mind to describe the state of our society is INDIFFERENCE!

People just don't care... As long as they have their jobs and their money and their family and close friends safe peeps just don't give a flying shit! And let's not forget the media and the general mentality of most people who actually are against refugees.. In fact they'd rather see them drown than reach our lands safely... It's disgusting! It's appalling on so many levels.

People say I'm an ideologist or whatever... just use that excuse to shut up the voice of reason and of Love!

And yes we are all responsible for wars going on in the world.. So let's not fool ourselves otherwise because we are more interested in knowing what the latest social media star is up to! As humans we are yet to stand out against the idea of war; against the idea that division and hate of any kind is the cause of atrocities and conflicts.

People get extremely emotionally involved when they see a child abused by their own parents or kidnapped and raped and even killed by a stranger and the mob mentality takes place in wanting to get the person responsible for it and put them behind bars.. Some would even suggest the death penalty for those individuals.. Oh hypocrites, wake up! How many childrens are suffering because of wars but where's the outrage? Where's the headlines? Where are the angry mobs? Exactly.....

This has been everywhere here but the most disturbing thing for me is that so many people are writing about it and how bad it is but I feel they are basking in the sadness for their own gain. All these articles about this poor child but they all seem for the author's gain.

Of course we all feel sad and nobody wants to see any child killed but I feel more that people are more fascinated as it's such a beautiful picture and in a couple of days it will be forgotten.