MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Rihanna thread ⚓️

Her speech was sooooo cute. She's so lovely.

I think she was very honest and sweet. I liked the part where she said her career isnt just hers anymore.

Beautiful!

I love all the performances except the urban one. She always sounds horrible singing Work and Needed Me live :lmao:

In terms of music, visuals and charisma she's BY FAR the best pop girl of this generation.

I love all the performances except the urban one. She always sounds horrible singing Work and Needed Me live :lmao:

In terms of music, visuals and charisma she's BY FAR the best pop girl of this generation.

Needed me sounded great in barcelona...work, well, it´s a lousy song!

wow I bet it will sound amazing on vinyl!

She got a tattoo of a shark last night aka Drake got her a shark stuffed animal when they were at the aquarium here. She's stupid_in_love.mp3 :(

I love this :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Her performances were the best of the night.

That reggae section was the HIGHLIGHT of the whole night tho :wow:

I need the remix of "Rude Boy" :drama: Im obsessed.

Shirley Manson on Rih -

I’m grateful, particularly to Rihanna, who I think has changed the game in terms of how we view sexual women. To me, she feels completely equal with a male counterpart on a sexual level. She’s not being coy, she’s not playing power games, she’s not titillating and she’s not using her feminine wiles in a dangerous, dishonest way. I wish I’d had somebody like that when I was growing up.

For me, Rihanna has the voice of a generation. She’s like a Billie Holiday to me. She can sing until she’s an old woman like Aretha Franklin, she’s got something magical inside her.

My highlight from the VMAs was her ballad section. Rih undeniably has a bevy of dance hits but there's something about the way she emotes over a piano or simple beat that I adore. I love that she opened with Stay on the Anti tour, it was much more unique and right up my street.

Shirley Manson on Rih -

Im grateful, particularly to Rihanna, who I think has changed the game in terms of how we view sexual women. To me, she feels completely equal with a male counterpart on a sexual level. Shes not being coy, shes not playing power games, shes not titillating and shes not using her feminine wiles in a dangerous, dishonest way. I wish Id had somebody like that when I was growing up.

For me, Rihanna has the voice of a generation. Shes like a Billie Holiday to me. She can sing until shes an old woman like Aretha Franklin, shes got something magical inside her.

Wem what about Madonna?

Wem what about Madonna?

I know ! I love Rihanna but Shirley saying that she wished there was someone around before who was equal to a male counterpart on a sexual level is so bizarre when Shirley is a Madonna fan. I mean hello Shirley, Madonna did this from the word go and it is something that people continually comment on. She paved the way for all other female pop stars to be as free and natural with expressing sexuality etc. Rihanna is a great example of being exactly who she is which is refreshing compared to a lot of the current girls on the scene.

God rih is giving me so much life during this Madonna down time

Sex with Me has grown on me. I used to think it's was so shit and embarassing and now it's one of my favourites!

Any news about Asia or Australia?

Sex with Me has grown on me. I used to think it's was so shit and embarassing and now it's one of my favourites!

Amen! The psychedelic sound of the song and the lyrics work so well together.

Any news about Asia or Australia?

I think on Instagram or in a video clip somewhere she references how she's had a great time during this era she thanked the fans for their support. Although she may still be doing a few festivals, it suggested the Anti tour has finished.