MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ugly Hecty

Sky Fits Heaven Vs. Skin

Which electronica ROL fan favorite do you prefer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Traveling down this road or do I know you from somewhere?

• Sky Fits Heaven
    • Skin

Sky Fits Heaven for sure. The lyrics paint this beautiful picture that I think would've been very difficult to portray in a video. The ending of Skin is perfection though.

Skin.

From the beginning "Do I know you from somewhere?"

The slight distorted whispers "Put your hands on my ski--iin.

The slight build up until it just loses all control "Kiss me I'm dying! Oh...."

The outro alone. The brilliance of this song. To think it was originally called "Flirtation Dance."

that was in the interview with Kurt Loder, right?

That's a really hard one. They're both my absolute fave tracks from ROL. I'll have to choose Sky Fits Heaven, for some reason the line child fits mother so hold your baby tight is always in my head lol

I like Skin but my favorite ROL songs are Sky Fits Heaven and Swim, both have terrific lyrics and flawless production.

Love both but I go with Skin for the crazy extended outro alone.

Indeed.

I actually love the drums that were not supposed to be on SFH.

I think I'll follow, my heart.

IT'S A VERY GOOD PLACE

TO START!

^ One of my all time favorite lyrics. :drama:

I've played Sky Fits Heaven on my work playlist & a co-worker got her ENTIRE life!

Sky fits Heaven!!

I love the melody, the lyrics and just everything about this song!

Absolutely a wasted opportunity not releasing it and I'm hoping against hope that she will perform it again someday.

Gotta go with Skin. It's such a unique song in her catalog. What other M song peaks in the last minute as this one does? Starts off so slow and ends in a frenzy. BRILLIANT!!

I have to say though, I don't think either one of these are single material.....SFH would be a better single choice over Skin but still.....I actually think she got the single choices right from ROL. Now, if we're talking Madonna just saying "fuck it" and going the experimental route with the singles, then sure, these would be fantastic choices.....as would Mer Girl.....but a single release in hopes of it being played on radio?? Naw....not these two tracks....as much as I love them!

Skin is one of the best songs of her entire catalogue, I was hooked from the very first listen. I'm kind of glad it wasn't a single because if it had of been released and didn't chart well it would have been a terrible shame, much like Bedtime Story. An incredibly strong and unique track that just screams MADONNA but unfortunately didn't connect with an American audience. Im so lucky to be an Australian as I got to witness it debut in the top 10 and then remain there for many weeks. Getting to see that video on my TV several times every weekend was an absolute privilege. Sky Fits Heaven was my favorite ROL track for years and years but I'm not sure if it is single worthy, there's nothing commercial about it at all.

I really love both so much (as most people in this thread do too).

I give the edge to "Sky Fits Heaven" because it is euphoric. It soars (just like Madonna did for the DWT performance).

Guest bluejean

I don't think Skin would have done well as a single. Sky Fits Heaven would have been fantastic.

I also agree that Swim would have done very well. I love Drowned World a lot but it was not a good single choice at all.

Guest bluejean

Oh and NRM was definitely single worthy. No idea why it didn't do well, I think it's cos the charts changed to being very airplay based around that time.

Both are flawless but I vote for Sky Fits Heaven. I think it would've had more success than Skin as a single. It's almost anthemic. I would've LOVED to see videos to both of these songs though.

I suddenly remember that back when ROL came out, radio stations were paying tribute to M by playing all the album tracks on a day dedicated to M, she was everywhere! Great memories!!

Oh and NRM was definitely single worthy. No idea why it didn't do well, I think it's cos the charts changed to being very airplay based around that time.

I remember someone said NRM was promoted to dance stations only. If it was sent to pop stations as well I think it would have done a lot better on the charts.

I remember someone said NRM was promoted to dance stations only. If it was sent to pop stations as well I think it would have done a lot better on the charts.

That and it was the fourth or fifth single (in some territories). Even by that point, Madonna wasn't scoring 5 number ones off an album like the TB era.