Cannes bans burkinis over suspected link to radical Islamism

jacket

Of course it was all about religion!

Guys, the discrimination against woman in Western world is a cultural heritage from Christianism. The taboo in sex, the taboo in naked bodies is about Christian religion!

The difference being we have moved on significantly. Go visit some middle eastern countries and then share your opinion. It's an awful culture

Of course it was all about religion!

Guys, the discrimination against woman in Western world is a cultural heritage from Christianism. The taboo in sex, the taboo in naked bodies is about Christian religion!

all of which are slowly dying unless they are reintroduced by the soon to be Muslim majority that is

We had a French revolution, and from that moment on church stopped being the allpowerful system in the whole Europe. Sooner or later, little by little.

The problem with the muslim world is that they need a real revolution from a social point of view. I wonder when will that happen. No religion ever should rule any society.

We had a French revolution, and from that moment on church stopped being the allpowerful system in the whole Europe. Sooner or later, little by little.

The problem with the muslim world is that they need a real revolution from a social point of view. I wonder when will that happen. No religion ever should rule any society.

I think you'll find that was the result of King Henry the VIII's work not the French revolution. I'm an extremely liberal person who is obsessed with people being treated fairly with dignity and respect. However I CANNOT tolerate these constant apologists who think that the right to do ANYTHING is what sums up human rights. It's dumb and very self serving. Not one altruistic intention amongst those people. Just constant attempts at wiping their guilt for they imbalance of the Earth that they enjoy DAILY.

Err... no.

I don't know how you people there are tought story, but Henry the VIII was a narcissist. If we have to go back we'd better go to Martin Luther. He may have started that religious revolution a bit later, but it was based on ideas, not on a vagina.

Afterwards church was as prominent as before, though. In the American colonies Christmas was about to disappear because puritans felt it was too much festive. So go figure what did those protestant people for the rights.

French Revolution was when religion was finally separated from Government, and even though afterwards in the XIX century there was lots of conservative moments, there was no turning back.

There is fundamental difference between Christianity and Islam. First being the fact that the separation between spiritual and civil life is there in Christianity since Jesus (give what u must to Caesar and what u must to God) while Mohammad united both. Such a separation is in grave contradiction to Quran but not to the Bible. I think I ve explained that here more than once.

Elijah, the union between those both parts started when the Roman emperor embraced Christianism and didn't ended until XXth century. Thousands of people have been killed by Christian ideas. In Spain people were burned, tortured, etc. Our religion is not better.

I know what you mean, our base is to separate both lives, but all religions end up trying to get power.

Jesus said many things, other thing is what the Church decided to do.

Yes, but I think that the separation between spiritual and civil life is unthinkable in islam. At least in Christianity there is no such a contradiction with the bible. Turkey tried it and slowly but steadily the go back to the halifat ideas. In Christianity the civil (king, car etc) and spiritual (pope, patriarch) were always separated. Since Mohamad all the leaders of the halifat (his sacred state) united spiritual and civil power. In islam those are not separated.

Yes, but I think that the separation between spiritual and civil life is unthinkable in islam. At least in Christianity there is no such a contradiction with the bible. Turkey tried it and slowly but steadily the go back to the halifat ideas. In Christianity the civil (king, car etc) and spiritual (pope, patriarch) were always separated. Since Mohamad all the leaders of the halifat (his sacred state) united spiritual and civil power. In islam those are not separated.

all?I thought the ayatolahs didn't hsve religious power(or.political?)

But there are islamic countries which are democratic. I mean, they can have dictators, etc, but they have proved that they can be islamic and democratic. I know Turkey is right now the best example, but if the Government had worked for a more "european" vision, it could have been a majority of population who believes in Islam, and democracy at the same time.

What people don't understand is that Islam and Geopolitics are united and The Powers That Be have fought very hard to make that part of the world as horrible as possible to control their vast reserves of oil and gas.

But there are islamic countries which are democratic. I mean, they can have dictators, etc, but they have proved that they can be islamic and democratic. I know Turkey is right now the best example, but if the Government had worked for a more "european" vision, it could have been a majority of population who believes in Islam, and democracy at the same time.

What people don't understand is that Islam and Geopolitics are united and The Powers That Be have fought very hard to make that part of the world as horrible as possible to control their vast reserves of oil and gas.

Turkey is the only one that could have passed for democratic. Now you know what it is.

all?I thought the ayatolahs didn't hsve religious power(or.political?)

They have both religious and political (highest) power in Iran. Anyways Iran is a bit different case since its a Shiite country.

Yes, of course. Henry VIII had in mind the beautiful thought of bringing freedom to the world, not having a male heir from Ana Bolena (how is the name in English, Anne Bolein?) and thinking that he had the right to everything.

I'm curious. IVY, where are you from?

Melbourne, Florida...kidding...Australia ( :) ) though there is a Melbourne in Florida that keeps cropping up on trip advisor when I plug in Melbourne :) . My beef is with all religions in general. I cant stand any of them whether it be Catholocism, Muslim, Jew, Orthodox or Scientologist or even Kabalah shit. Though not the individual belonging to that religion. I have family and friends who are religious and good luck to them, I just don't understand why they believe in all that made up religious shit. And particularly since I'm gay and frowned upon by the aforementioned religions ( again the actual religion, not by all individuals in that religion ).

I just find a lot of hypocrisy at the moment by left wing liberal people ( the same people who think Hilary is a some sort of Saviour and trump the devil ) who are quick to defend Muslim rights, yet are the exact same people to put down Russian orthodox, Catholics and redneck Protestants. I just don't get it and I hope someone can explain it to me??? I know it is the trendy thing to do at the moment, but to me ALL religions are shit and oppressive and a waste of time.

And despite a country full of bogans and dangerous animals, I'm glad and feel fortunate to live in a country like Australia and all the freedoms it offers... Because if I was born a Muslim women in the middle east and told to cover up by my husband, I would firstly cut off his dick, shove it in his mouth, cut up my burkini into a sexy two piece and go and down a nice cocktail by the swim up bar. No religion, nor man has any right to tell a woman how to behave!!!

to me ALL religions are shit and oppressive and a waste of time.

if I was born a Muslim women in the middle east and told to cover up by my husband, I would firstly cut off his dick, shove it in his mouth, cut up my burkini into a sexy two piece and go and down a nice cocktail by the swim up bar. No religion, nor man has any right to tell a woman how to behave!!!

:clap:

175.jpg

I think your getting culture muddled up with religion. Yes one hundred years ago women in western culture wore body suits and the men wore onsies and long bathers as well. It had nothing to do with covering up due to the fear of the pope or Allah, but fashion trends and culture at the time. We will probably be wearing funky space suit bathers in 50 years time, however these oppressed Muslim women ( not all Muslim women ) are still going to be covering themselves up from head to toe due to their arsehole husbands and left wing liberal minded people who keep promoting Muslim oppression.

Fabulous post.

And Jan, that's a great article and I agree 100% with it. I usually don't bother with that columnist but even a broken clock gets it right twice a day.

Fabulous post.

And Jan, that's a great article and I agree 100% with it. I usually don't bother with that columnist but even a broken clock gets it right twice a day.

Yes, I thought it was a great article as well and I normally don't like what she writes. What she says is true as well. I don't understand why so many Western woman who are free to do whatever they want and enjoy that freedom, don't seem to have any real concern or empathy for women in places such as Iran, Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia who are treated like second class citizens and have no freedom. They are more worried about the right to religion that the rights of other woman.