Cannes bans burkinis over suspected link to radical Islamism

jacket

Oh really? I don't see anybody being concerned about the women situation in Christian religion, especially Catholic, where the men think they have the right to decide on women's body. Hello, abortion. Hello, women being inferior to men.

People do campaign against that kind of misogyny and human rights violations all the time though. So what you're saying is kind of irrelevant. :lol:

We could go on and on about this and go at each others throats for not agreeing because thing is it's a very complex subject and there is more to it on both sides.

Do i like burkinis ? No, i think they are ridiculous. Am i for banning them ? No, simply because i want everybody to be free to express themself. I couldn't fight for the acceptance of LGBT and support the bashing and banning of another community.

Do women wearing burkinis do it of their own will ? Who knows ? Maybe they are so we are discriminating people for the way they dress and that bothers me. Is it ok to ban it for everybody to protect the ones who don't wear them of their own will ? No because it's gonna be an open door to banning other things based on personal taste. Are burkinis prohibited by the law here ? No. If they were then i wouldn't oppose the law but since it is not written in the law and they are not breaking any by wearing them i don't understand this local decision.

Am i right ? No, it's just my opinion for the moment...but it could change depending on what informations and discussions i'll have with people concerned.

Do i witness more women wearing veils and headscarves in Paris and around ? Yes ? Does it bother me ? No but it questions me. Why all of sudden they are doing it ?

Do we have an Islam problem in France ? No, we have a problem with Islam and its acceptance on one hand and a problem with arab culture an traditions to fit in our history and culture on the other hand. It comes from the definition of what being french means. For some people, especially the right wing it's all about identity. Instead of trying to find a solution, a common ground, an agreement they choose to oppose everything for electoral reasons. If religion divides people, politic does it even more. The Republic is what guides us and help us live together and as long as nobody breaks the rules of The Republic (not the most perfect system but still the best out of them all) i don't see a problem.

Do i think the french governments takes all the right decisions and steps to protect us after the terrorist attacks ? HELL NO. Reforming mosquees won't do anything, terrorists don't go to mosquees, the ones who killed people here were not affiliated to a Mosquee. They go on the internet and get their orders and advices from people who think muslims living and going to Mosquees in France are traitors and miscreants no matter if they do Ramadan, pray as much as they are supposed to etc...

Do we only have a problem with this religion now ? No because for the last 5 years we also have problems with radical catholics. They are the ones who marched all over France against gay marriage and who are still going on about it, trying to influence the coming election and they have succeeded, almost every candidate from the right have suddenly expressed strong ties with the catholic church, they go to processions etc....things that were absolutely not seen or accepted before because our culture has been strongly anticlerical for decades. It's a secular country.The church was separated from the state in 1905 and laicists are all of sudden showing support to the catholic church.

I don't have any answer, i don't know everything, i just think that we are so lost that instead of doing the right thing we go after all the peripherical things without going in the real problem because there's too much money involved to say fuck off to Saudi Arabia. We know sheikdoms are behind all this shit but as long as we need their oil and money for our politics and business we just close our eyes and go after the little people.

To me, from the get go it's always been and always is about the oil (and gas). We supported wars in the middle east and intervened to protect our access to oil. All these wars created massive waves of immigration on our shores and we never really knew how to handle them. We treated people more as guests than nationals and a feeling of alienation was transmitted through generations.

My other question is why do the North still owns most of the money in the world when the south is struggling while they are the ones who have direct access to natural ressources ? We let extreme groups getting strong because they are attacking what we considered our enemies (the ones who wanted to make us pay more to access oil) or in hope they would attack them. Now it's a fucking big mess and NO government past or present from the western world is innocent. For decades they made money (personally or for their countries) on the back of these local wars. Now these wars have exported themselves here and everywhere.

The result is not only having all these terrorist attacks at home but also having to deal with the resurgence of far right extremists, racist feelings and nationalism in every western country.

Oh really? I don't see anybody being concerned about the women situation in Christian religion, especially Catholic, where the men think they have the right to decide on women's body. Hello, abortion. Hello, women being inferior to men.

I don't think the situation of the women in catholicism and islam is comparable at all. Its like saying that the discrimination against gays in Europe is similar to the one in the Middle East.

I don't think the situation of the women in catholicism and islam is comparable at all. Its like saying that the discrimination against gays in Europe is similar to the one in the Middle East.

exactly its like saying Saudi Arabia is less evil than Russia

You are right.

It stills irk me that women can't swim as they want. But I guess France is really going through such a difficult moment that you can't blame people going crazy and some majors deciding stupid things.

If it truly existed we wouldn't be in the mess we're in. Remember also the millions of right wingers marching in cities around France to protest against gay marriage. Where else did this happenned ?

They are marching again in october to protest in vitro conception for gay & lesbian couples and to have gay marriage bill revoked.

And many of those homophobic protestors were Catholics and Muslims. So basically you are defending a religion that hates your sexual identity???

And many of those homophobic protestors were Catholics and Muslims. So basically you are defending a religion that hates your sexual identity???

+1

I don't understand it either.

Basically you don't understand what i am saying but that's not the first time maybe that's due to my english.

I'm not defending any religion. Wahhabism is not Islam just like these protesters were catholic extremists from groups like Civitas and others close to the far right. We are not at war against Islam, we are at war against wahhabism = Saudi Arabia and Qatar but as long as we need their oil and money we will bow down to them while they kill us.

As for Sloane, for the first and last time i'm adressing you : please put me on ignore like i put you ages ago. I don't want to interract with you. Thanks.

^ roland

Parfois je ne comprends pas ce que tu dis en anglais, peut-être c'est difficile pour toi de t'exprimer dans une autre langue que la tienne j'ai le même problème donc dis ce que tu veux en français et je vais traduire pour eux :)

Islam, whether proselytised through violence or not, still views and treats women, gays and other minorities in discriminatory ways. But that's hardly surprising since they look to the 7th century as the ideal model for 21st century life.

So-called religious fundamentalists or extremists, whether they be christian, jewish or muslim, can all point to passages in there preferred holy texts to support their views or actions. Just as much as the so-called moderates.

My post was directed at Ivy, not you. I haven't knowingly spoken to you in months because I'm aware you've blocked me. Not sure how you even saw my comment if I'm on ignore, it's not a feature I use. But you have been on manual ignore and that's where you'll stay. You don't ask me for shit, got it?

Yes because that's going to prevent terrorist attacks :rolleyes:

Good to see the French remain as clueless as ever about how to tackle extremism in their country and are as always fixated on superficiality.

You gave the perfect response (and you were the first response).

Why the fuck would they ban these swimsuits? It really has nothing to do with terrorism and everything to do with Islamaphobia.

It's stupid and uneducated.

People shouldn't be dumb fucks.

I hate that these women think they need to cover from head to toe, but I respect their right to do so. I hope they learn different one day.

I hate the fact that the Muslims are the first to scream for tolerance for them, but they are so intolerant towards gays, women etc. I don't wanna think what will happen if they become majority one day: hell for women, children etc. Thats the sad reality.

All you said is true.

you speak truth!

My post was directed at Ivy, not you. I haven't knowingly spoken to you in months because I'm aware you've blocked me. Not sure how you even saw my comment if I'm on ignore, it's not a feature I use. But you have been on manual ignore and that's where you'll stay. You don't ask me for shit, got it?

I love you. You're so confident.

Get 'em off! Armed police order Muslim woman to remove her burkini on packed Nice beach - as mother, 34, wearing Islamic headscarf is threatened with pepper spray and fined in Cannes http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3754395/Wealthy-Algerian-promises-pay-penalty-Muslim-woman-fined-France-wearing-burkini.html?ito=social-facebook

Get 'em off! Armed police order Muslim woman to remove her burkini on packed Nice beach - as mother, 34, wearing Islamic headscarf is threatened with pepper spray and fined in Cannes http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3754395/Wealthy-Algerian-promises-pay-penalty-Muslim-woman-fined-France-wearing-burkini.html?ito=social-facebook

I feel so much shame. And that's only the beginning. The presidential race started and until late april french muslims will go through hell. Sarkozy's campaign director said that Islam will be the main subject of the presidential race.

There's another case of another woman in Cannes too being told to remove her headscarf on the beach by the police. She was not wearing a burkini, this one wasn't either. J'ai honte.

That's so disgusting! That poor woman should have the right to cover her body, just as we homosexuals should have the right to stick our dicks in each others butts.

TRUTH!

That's so disgusting! That poor woman should have the right to cover her body, just as we homosexuals should have the right to stick our dicks in each others butts.

TRUTH!

Exactly! And this is what those scumbags terrorists want! They don't care! They have murdered Muslims for goodness sakes people! They just pure evil!

Burqa disturbes me, but there's nothing disturbing in a burkini. As long as the face is shown is not a big deal. Terrorists are going to attack no matter how some muslim women decide to dress on the beach. ..it's actually ridiculous.

I personally don't like Burqa but like you said these women are showing their faces, this is not gonna stop terrorism. It will actually make it worse, they are feeding these terrorist even more. Just plain ridiculous!

They weren't even wearing burkinis ! Just a headscarf and some top and leggings !

I know, it's just RIDICULOUS!!! ALOT Asian people wear that here in England, it's just every day wear.

Wait so the French government will pepper spray and fine a woman covering up at a beach but fall over backwards to defend free speech [for white men]...aka purposely antagonising Muslims by drawing the prophet Muhammad is somehow freedom of expression instead of inciting a response?