2016 American Presidential Thread 🇺🇸

spazz

I would feel so much better if Ohio or Florida was comfortably in her column again.

I know she doesn't need those to even win, but I would feel much better.

I don't mean to sound like Cicconescheeks but I would be lying if I said I wasn't getting worried.  Worried because Trump has said and done just about every despicable thing someone running for office could do and middle of the road people are STILL considering voting for him.  We all know his base is going to vote for him no matter what and that base seems to tap out at around 39-41% ish.  Somewhere in that area.   This bump in the polls is coming from the middle.  I mean how much more do they need to SEE to know that this man is a maniac?   I really thought we were at that tipping point where this country didn't have enough racist white people left to tip an election in a republicans favor, but I could be wrong.  Not enough have croaked yet. lol

I do have to laugh at this new LA poll that came out.  They have been way off on just about EVERY poll they have released.  Even when Hillary was riding sky high in every poll the LA poll still had Trump winning and now they have a poll that says black people suddenly support Trump by 20%.  LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yeah, okay.

Ok Skin you can mean to sound like  me! ;P hehe. At least Rosie almost day after day insists "HE WILL NEVER B PRESIDENT"! Wonder if Rosie has insider info. lol 

Yes, there's still tons of shit left to come and 'leak' but these debates are soo super important. In a 'typical/normal' election cycle the debates usually make or break, but things are so crazy erratic and fluid this election that even if Hillary destroys him in the debate, what if something even bigger than what happened in NYC/ domestically a week or 2 before election. That's what I'm afraid of. Whether its terrosim market crash or even a lone wolf Trump lunatic does something. They are THAT crazed to get this man in office. Even this morning, yet again, Trump still gives NO specifics about what he would do about terrorism except 'knock the hell out them' zzz lmao. 

Hmm just saw on the news...according to a brand new NYT poll, Hillary has 1 point lead in Florida and only behind by 3 in Georgia!  Obama but esp Michelle needs to do her thang many x week until election day that she did in VA last week. Them sistas better come out 10x harder/stronger than Obama in 08! 

8 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Hmm just saw on the news...according to a brand new NYT poll, Hillary has 1 point lead in Florida and only behind by 3 in Georgia!  Obama but esp Michelle needs to do her thang many x week until election day that she did in VA last week. Them sistas better come out 10x harder/stronger than Obama in 08!

Michelle has been fucking AMAZING on the stump for Hillary whenever she has given a speech.  She needs to be out there and Bernie needs to be out there like crazy convincing all those butt hurt young folks that cant see the bigger picture at hand.

"Gee.  Let me vote for Jill who is constantly polling at only 2% nationally.   DERP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm sick to my stomach with the thought of a Trump presidency 

it's way too close he's aiming right now for 265 electoral votes though Clinton has an easier path 270 it's still way too close. I hope she demolishes him during the debates.

'If' from day 1 Trump never really wanted this as some still say and hope, it'll be fully exposed at the debates. Simple as that. Hes toast. If he semi exceeds expectations or god forbid super exceeds expectations she's toast. NO doubt every one of the moderators even the one from Fox are absolutely gonna ask him hard core policy questions that require *super specifics and questions that make 'whats Aleppo' look like ABC 123. They gotta drill the living hell out of  him until it goes through all that orange fat. 

I don't understand why he is getting that many votes in Florida. Don't they have a pretty large Latino population? Or do I make a mistake by thinking that offending Mexicans offends all Latinos in a way? I know that there are a lot of Cubans in Florida and they for whatever reason tend to vote republican. Is that because the Republicans where very much in opposition to the communist Cuban government and the Cubans in Florida are mostly refugees or ancestors of refugees? Then I wonder what they think about what' s happening in the U.S./Cuban relationship at the moment. Are they in favor or do they oppose the liberation to travel and the joint ventures?

17 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

'If' from day 1 Trump never really wanted this as some still say and hope, it'll be fully exposed at the debates. Simple as that. Hes toast. If he semi exceeds expectations or god forbid super exceeds expectations she's toast. NO doubt every one of the moderators even the one from Fox are absolutely gonna ask him hard core, questions that require *super specifics and questions that make 'whats Aleppo' look like ABC 123. 

Trump should be finally held to the same standards as Hillary. After all they are applying for the same job. The whole argument he fares better because expectations of him are so much lower should no longer count. They are certain things an applicant should have to even apply for a job in general. I mean, let's say you are looking for a nuclear scientist, will you give someone the job that did not even show up at physics classes because you have lower expectations instead of the person that passed the exams, no matter if with flying colors or with average results. Journalists, reporters should grow some balls during this last phase. They must not be afraid to report negative stuff about Trump if their investigations clearly show there is something fishy. Those are facts and they deserve to be reported. No matter if the right wingers are throwing shit at you and falsely claim this reporting is unfair. The very same allegations they made from the very beginning to discredit any negative story preemptively. So far it seems to have worked. But it obviously only worked because todays journalists are more concerned about their own popularity than telling the truth. It's a shame really. Their lack of confrontation is destroying the reputation of whole profession. This is were the real trust issues are. And it's not getting better by doing tame reporting out of fear there might be some people with an agenda that call your report unfair. The truth is the truth and at some point it will come out anyway. So stand by your story.

3 minutes ago, ryan said:

Was there ever a moment when he did not make a fool of himself??

NO!   So what the hell is the appeal!!!!!!!???

Damn the power of racism is strong indeed I guess.

Diplomatic: Trump to meet with world leaders including Egypt's al-Sisi at UN gathering in New York

388D2BDC00000578-0-image-m-6_14742941573
  • Donald Trump is set to meet with the military-backed leader Abdel Fattah al-Sisi as world leaders converge for the annual UN General Assembly meeting
  • It's his first meeting with a foreign leader since his surprise trip to Mexico
  • Candidate says he's already met 'a couple' leaders
  • 'They seem to think it’s important to maybe meet me'
  • Former secretary of state Hillary Clinton also plans to meet el-Sisi as well as Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko

Donald Trump is planning to meet with the president of Egypt in New York, in his first stab at international diplomacy since his surprise trip to Mexico where he promoted a border wall and met with the Mexican president.

Trump on Monday was unusually tight-lipped when asked about the meeting with Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, which takes place as world leaders descend on New York for the annual meeting fo the UN General Assembly. 

'I don’t want comment on who I’m meeting with,' he told 'Fox and Friends.'

'I will say with all of the folks being in New York, I made a lot of calls from a lot of different people on the basis that I’m doing well and, you know, they seem to think it’s important to maybe meet me,' Trump said.

Trump continued: 'But I don’t want to comment specifically on who. But a couple of people are coming over. I’ve already met with a couple.'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/why-hillary-clinton-lost_us_57dc4bece4b04a1497b491b6

Even they are friggin waving the white flag unless they're pulling a Michael Moore..trying to fire up the base. Still..for Huffington Post to be going there  now :// lol 

16 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

We're all voting for Clinton. The media is just milking this circus for what it's worth. 

So youre saying that both the media and every single poll is fixed/rigged strategically for hits, ratings etc..? ;P lol.  I actually wouldnt even be surprised. As Ive said, if team Hillary were even in semi panic mode (plummeting like she is now) campaigns almost always replace people or make some kind of changes. Something just aint right. 

Wouldnt be shocked in the least if one of the Wikileaks shows/documents that everything about this 'election' going back at least a year or so ago was circus sham that both Trump and Clinton teamed up for so she'd win. Then they both get have to get 86'd and Obama stays indefinitely until a 'special new election' is done  lol. This will be the first year of the 'promo/buzz election' Mariah style lool. 

8 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

So youre saying that both the media and every single poll is fixed/rigged strategically for hits, ratings etc..? ;P lol.  I actually wouldnt even be surprised. As Ive said, if team Hillary were even in semi panic mode (plummeting like she is now) campaigns almost always replace people or make some kind of changes. Something just aint right. 

Wouldnt be shocked in the least if one of the Wikileaks shows/documents that everything about this 'election' going back at least a year or so ago was circus sham that both Trump and Clinton teamed up for so she'd win. Then they both get have to get 86'd and Obama stays indefinitely until a 'special new election' is done  lol. This will be the first year of the 'promo/buzz election' Mariah style lool. 

I think the media trying to be "unbiased" means they poll a group of 50% deplorables and 50% normal people who obviously would never vote for Trump. 

Yes, about 40% of the voting population is batshit crazy in the US. They're literally crazy. It's always been like that. 

And like I said many times before, how do polls work? Does a good chunk of the voting population participate in a poll one day and say FUCK TRUMP and then they do it again on another day and say FUCK HILLARY? These polls make NO sense. 

1 hour ago, ULIZOS said:

And like I said many times before, how do polls work? Does a good chunk of the voting population participate in a poll one day and say FUCK TRUMP and then they do it again on another day and say FUCK HILLARY? These polls make NO sense.

This is what I don't get.  Is the American public that fickle?

Sadly I think yes.

Obama has very high approval right now.   Mid to high 50s I believe which is one of the highest ratings for any sitting President at this point in forever.  So America is digging Obama yet they might vote in a guy that is going to take a massive shit on Obama's legacy and everything he accomplished?  Like wtf!?

4 minutes ago, Skin said:

This is what I don't get.  Is the American public that fickle?

Sadly I think yes.

Obama has very high approval right now.   Mid to high 50s I believe which is one of the highest ratings for any sitting President at this point in forever.  So America is digging Obama yet they might vote in a guy that is going to take a massive shit on Obama's legacy and everything he accomplished?  Like wtf!?

Actually, it's his approval rating that gives me solace in all of this. Election results usually mirror a president's approval rating. You'll notice back in 2012, his approval rating steadily went up that fall all the way until election day and we ended up winning. It's much higher now, so hopefully getting him out there and campaigning for Hillary will snap some of these voters out of whatever weird trance their in.

Obama just relishes taking on Trump, you can see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. I think he's only going to get more aggressive as it gets closer to election day.