2016 American Presidential Thread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

spazz

Guest Pud Whacker

And yes, both Hillary and Trump supporters are fans. Like someone above said, it's so strange that in the U.S. people LOVE their politicians like a celebrity or even a Saint.

Yes. Very bizarre. As we see this thread.

Hillary has been in public political life for 30-40 years now - there is no way you can't have baggage and people having formed strong views on you. She will have made decisions in her long career that were wrong at the time, or looking back in hindsight were wrong. That's what happens when people put their hand up for public service. They are constrained between what's pure and what's possible, they are often required to act quickly without all information at hand, they have to check they aren't too ahead of the people, and they like us are capable of changing their position on things when circumstances change.

Why is this so shocking?

Why do some people here act like there is a perfect politician capable of appeasing everyone and offending no one, that gets it right every time?

ULIZOS, on 02 Sept 2016 - 5:57 PM, said:ULIZOS, on 02 Sept 2016 - 5:57 PM, said:ULIZOS, on 02 Sept 2016 - 5:57 PM, said:

And yes, both Hillary and Trump supporters are fans. Like someone above said, it's so strange that in the U.S. people LOVE their politicians like a celebrity or even a Saint.

I am not a "fan" of Hillary so to speak. What it boils down to is like someone said. My vote for her is way more of a vote against Trump.

Now Obama you can say I am a fan of. I love the man and respect the hell out of him, and really wish he could run a 3rd time with every fiber of my being.

Let's put it this way. Both times Obama ran I had my Obama gear. I bought my OBMA t shirt at the MDNA tour and wore it proud. I had an Obama hoodie. I don't have a pro Hillary anything and don't have a desire to. I do have anti-Trump shit though.

And to add something else. At this point I wouldn't call Trump's followers "fans". They have gone beyond that at this point into crazed cult mob status. People that checked their brains at the door and drank the Kool Aid a LONG time ago.

As I said, American's want a president they can HAVE A FUCKING BEER WITH.

That phrase defies logic on so many levels it makes my head spin off.

This I will never understand. Or people who say they want a President that is just like me. HUH!? And this is usually said by the biggest dumbasses on earth.

One of the things I admire so much about Obama is what a total and complete Statesman he is. He has gotten shit thrown at him like CRAZY from right wing media and having to deal with a Congress that agreed they would do everything they can to make him a 1 term President before he was even sworn in!

He has had to deal with so much shit, and through it all he is kept his grace, and composure, and temper intact. I for one know I could NEVER pull that shit off. I would have blasted off at the mouth the first week in. Which is why I would never run for President because I would be AWFUL because I cant bite my tongue.

People love that about Trump though. The more absurd shit he says the more they love him. They don't see that as a bad thing because they can relate to those feelings. I want a relatable President, but I also want someone who is light years more evolved and intelligent than I am.

Obama was a new figure, a young politician, he represented "change", "hope" (those words were used as slogans), and he was also a great symbol (the first black president). Hillary has been in the public eye for 3 decades, of course she doesn't created the same enthousiasm. But that doesn't mean that "most people don't like her".

I agree with the Facebook analogy. An election is not about who is liked and who isn't, it's a choice between two (or more) candidates.

Moka, on 02 Sept 2016 - 7:27 PM, said:

I agree with the Facebook analogy. An election is not about who is liked and who isn't, it's a choice between two (or more) candidates.

Well that's what I always say also. It's NEVER an election between "Flawed" and "Perfect". These people are human. Of course they are ALL going to be flawed and fall short on many things. You simply have to pick who will be the best for the job.

I dread the next few election cycles as people who have grown with social media have every dirty thing about them unveiled during the election process. We are going to be seeing uncovered dick picks. Facebook or youtube comments they made back in the day....Hell uncovered sex tapes for all we know or online masturbation sessions that have been saved. It's going to become a bigger circus then it is now. :lol:

These up and comers better find a way to totally erase their social media footprint.

After hearing Biden talking yesterday, this man would be *destroying Trump by significant double digits...

That's not true.

If Biden were the candidate, the GOP would never have launched that smear campaign against Hillary (the congressional investigations and hearings, the "Clinton cash" book, the release of all her emails, the nicknames "crooked Hillary" that Trump repeats 100 times a day...).

If Biden were the candidate, he would be at the center of the smear campaign by the GOP and Trump, and he wouldn't be as popular as he is today. And you would be saying the exact same thing about Hillary "Why is she not candidate? Why did they chose that old Biden? Hillary would destroy Trump, she is so popular."

That's not true.

If Biden were the candidate, the GOP would never have launched that smear campaign against Hillary (the congressional investigations and hearings, the "Clinton cash" book, the release of all her emails, the nicknames "crooked Hillary" that Trump repeats 100 times a day...).

If Biden were the candidate, he would be at the center of the smear campaign by the GOP and Trump, and he wouldn't be as popular as he is today. And you would be saying the exact same thing about Hillary "Why is she not candidate? Why did they chose that old Biden? Hillary would destroy Trump, she is so popular."

When have republicans not launched a smear campaign? They made Obama seem like a monster back in 2012 and it worked for a short while until it didn't and then he won his reelection.

Clinton has baggage whether you like it or not. Deal with it. Most of it is blown way out or proportion, a lot of it is troublesome, but it's still there. It was the same thing in 2008 in the primaries. It's been following her for a long time now.

And the worst thing is that she always seems to deal with controversies that come up that could easily go away by basically ignoring it instead of just being fucking honest and keeping it real. She says things like "I don't recall" or "my memory" blah blah. Or simply doesn't acknowledge it until the damage is done. She's her own worst enemy. Her own, boring, uncharismatic, untrustworthy worst enemy.

That's not true.

Hmmm....... I don't know about this.

Biden, more or less, has always had a charming quality about him that every day folks could relate to. Especially blue collar workers. He speaks in a way that's relatable to middle America. Bill had it. George W had it. Hillary does NOT have it. Obama doesn't need to have it because his appeal with minorities, progressives, and white collar voters is so massive he basically said FUCK YOU to blue collar racists in middle America. They know this, which is why they hate him with the passion they do.

Obama, without ever saying it, basically said to the lazy, fat, blue collar, racist, white male; government isn't your problem. YOU are the problem. YOU have more opportunities than any other generation to better yourself. Yet, you sit in front of your phone reading conspiracy theories about me, my family, and the work we're trying to do to create a better country for individuals like you.

Anyone who expects a president to make their individual life better off, well, I have no words. Some of these people look at the presidency in a biblical sense. Which is horrifying.

Clinton has baggage whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

You're completely missing my point. I never said Hillary is a saint. Someone said Biden would do better than her, and I answered that since Biden is not candidate, we can't predict how he would be doing. Hillary is in the spotlights because she's the candidate, Biden would be attacked the exact same way (health rumors, ISIS "founder", Obama's failures...) and would be less popular than he is today. Trump won the primaries against smart and respected republicans, I don't buy the bullshit "Hillary is doing terrible and anyone else would be doing better".

You're completely missing my point. I never said Hillary is a saint. Someone said Biden would do better than her, and I answered that since Biden is not candidate, we can't predict how he would be doing. Hillary is in the spotlights because she's the candidate, Biden would be attacked the exact same way (health rumors, ISIS "founder", Obama's failures...) and would be less popular than he is today. Trump won the primaries against smart and respected republicans, I don't buy the bullshit "Hillary is doing terrible and anyone else would be doing better".

I'm not saying he'd do better than her, but whether you think it's merited or not, Biden is not the polarizing figure that Clinton is.

Long but interesting piece from the Washington Post

"How Hillary Clinton helped create what she later called the 'vast right-wing conspiracy'" https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hillary-clinton-was-right-about-the-vast-right-wing-conspiracy-heres-why-it-exists/2016/09/02/4a5e0fba-6879-11e6-99bf-f0cf3a6449a6_story.html

Can you please list all the positive things she did as secratary of state for people to admire her?

How about the Israel- Hamas CRITICAL ceasefire back in 2012?

It's her doing. 100%.

Trumps new immigration speech to take place next week

How many immigration speeches will he make until he gets it right?

Ugh. Not again!

Maybe he didn't expect the backlash.. I heard Adelson still hasn't donated a penny.

Hmmm....... I don't know about this.

Biden, more or less, has always had a charming quality about him that every day folks could relate to. Especially blue collar workers. He speaks in a way that's relatable to middle America. Bill had it. George W had it. Hillary does NOT have it. Obama doesn't need to have it because his appeal with minorities, progressives, and white collar voters is so massive he basically said FUCK YOU to blue collar racists in middle America. They know this, which is why they hate him with the passion they do.

in other words that would be a pretty weak,lame and typical desperate grasping for straws. He is NOT a Clinton bottom line. Is loved by Dems, Indepedents even some Republicans ESP in the KEY important parts of country (PA, OH, MI etc..) where he talks 'their talk' flawlessly. He was one of the highlights of the damn convention and got WAY more thunderous applause and enthusiasm than the candidate herself! lol He's clunky at x, relatable, charming, super charismatic but tough as fuck when he needs to be! Hands down he'd actually be OUT there like Trump..everywhere (vs hiding like Hillary) smacking Trump down day after day while his 'team and VP (prob Warren) would be doing what Hillary is doing. raking in shitloads of $$ from donors...even more than Clinton 'cause that woman can speak and convince miles around Hillary!

Ugh. Not again!

Maybe he didn't expect the backlash.. I heard Adelson still hasn't donated a penny.

Yet..Trump is absolutely gaining and has momentum. If Hillary Inc. doesn't get their shit 2gether and start solidifying a consistent lead esp in/around the debates watch for the Adelsons etc..start to dump money into the orange moose. Even if it's just to guarantee Hillary does NOT win. They're all prob just holding out for the end of Sept/early Oct. IF Clintons team does not have this 'surprise strategic plan' that doesn't increase her momentum upwards by even mid Sept, don't be surprised at all for some campaign 'shake ups'. Hasnt had any yet far as I know but the public is clearly aware (and not liking) how blatantly elusive she's been. How could not one look at it as 'hiding' or just plain arrogance. Bar is so low w/ Trump wouldn't matter but if 'reshuffling' starts to happen w/her campaign (this late) anytime soon..means they're starting to trip out. :/

Ugh. Not again!

In the mainstream media there was a 'backlash' of sorts but after his speech in Arizona his campain site crashed because high volume on his donor page. :/

https://mobile.twitter.com/gatewaypundit/status/771194582360952832

In the mainstream media there was a 'backlash' of sorts but after his speech in Arizona his campain site crashed because high volume on his donor page. :/

https://mobile.twitter.com/gatewaypundit/status/771194582360952832

Didnt read the article but heard he banked $5 million in ONE night! 8*o. Told you all..this ain't the least bit funny anymore. He's in full dirty gangsta mode and so far its working as ugly as it is! Billary, Warrens, Sanders, Michelle etc..NEED to get the hell out there asap in full pitbull mode. Trump is in full manic OCD mode about getting those poll #s up day after damn day 24/7 regardless of what the 'real goal' is! Doesnt matter cause he's on the incline..rapidly. Everything pre the 2016 (2012, 2008 etc..) model is useless now. Yes, he may not truly want it but...that's starting to fall flat. Only hope is all that money will ultimately be used for his new network and to pay off debt to endless countries!

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

I checked out HRC's website and on the scheduled events section the 5th (Labor day) is filled with events. Including with Sanders and Biden. Also, she starts traveling with the press, so that's good.

By Monday, the FBI releases will be forgotten (again, much ado about nothing). Yawnnnnn.

By how we all know Clinton, she probably has a very VERY well planned strategy.