2016 American Presidential Thread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

spazz

Guest Pud Whacker

Madonna loves her.

i didnt hear love for clinton, i heard hate towards trumps children for shooting animals.

thats the problem, dollhole. nobody loves hillary, theyre voting against trump.

i didnt hear love for clinton, i heard hate towards trumps children for shooting animals.

thats the problem, dollhole. nobody loves hillary, theyre voting against trump.

I love Hillary.

I am voting for her -

as I have done four times before

I'm nobody! Who are you?

Are you nobody, too?

Then there's a pair of us - don't tell!

They'd banish us, you know!

How dreary to be somebody!

How public like a frog

To tell one's name the livelong day

To an admiring bog!

(I love Emily Dickinson too)

Politicians don't need to be loved to win elections. Is this an American thing?

Maybe it is. It arguably started with Kennedy. He came across as charming, likable, and was just a good looking man in general. Not to mention Jackie and his adorable small children at the time. This was the first time television played a huge role in shaping our elections as it was when more Americans had T.V's in their homes than radio's.

The elections from 1964 were a strange time in American politics with Watergate, Vietnam, and the extreme candidacies of McGovern and Goldwater. Johnson and Nixon weren't likable in the least, but outside events got them elected because it certainly wasn't their personalities.

But from Carter all the way up until Obama,I feel, we've elected our presidents with the precedent of 'who can you have a beer with'. Which is so mind boggling insane. I don't want to have a god damn beer with my president. I want him/her to be so fucking smart that I can't relate to them. I've just never understood why, as Americans, we need to 'relate' to our president but that's the way it's been for over 30 years.

This is, more or less, why people can't stand Hillary. She's arguably our least likable, coldest presidential candidate since Nixon or Johnson.

Sloane, on 01 Sept 2016 - 01:41 AM, said:

Yes but Skin's out there stealing TRUMP signs from his neighbors lawn. Surely that will have deep impact.

I didn't steal the signs dear. I am way more creative than that.

Now have a seat.

In a bizarre diatribe on his own culture, a founder of the Latinos for Trump group said Thursday on MSNBC's "All in With Chris Hayes" that there would be "taco trucks on every corner" if Donald Trump loses this November.

"My culture is a very dominant culture," Mexican-born Marco Gutierrez told Joy Reid, who was guest-hosting the show. "It is imposing and it's causing problems. If you don't do something about it, you're going to have taco trucks on every corner."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/latinos-trump-founder-warns-taco-trucks-corner-article-1.2775121

:blink: