Belgium police attack: Man shouting 'Allahu Akbar' attacks two officers in Charleroi with machete

The suspect has died after being shot by a third police officer

Two female police officers have been attacked in Belgium by an man wielding a machete and shouting “Allahu Akhbar”.

Police in the city of Charleroi said the officers were “not in danger” after the attack outside the local police headquarters.

The suspect was shot by a third officer and has died from his wounds, police confirmed.

Local media reported that a female police officer was taken to hospital with injuries to her face, while her colleague was not seriously wounded.

“Two police have been injured with a machete in front of the police headquarters by a man shouting ‘Allah Akhbah’,” a spokesperson for Charleroi police said.

The incident came after a string of terror attacks by Isis supporters across Europe, including the murder of a priest in France and a machete attack on a train and suicide bombing in Germany.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility from terror groups.

Jan Jambon, the Belgian Interior Minister, condemned the attack in the town, around 30 miles south of Brussels.

"Despicable act in Charleroi. All my thoughts with the two injured officers and their colleagues and families. Ocam [the Belgian anti-terrorism agency] is investigating," he wrote in a tweet.

Belgian prime minister Charles Michel said “preliminary indications” suggested the attack against two female officers in the city of Charleroi was an act of terrorism, but that authorities are still collecting information, according to Associated Press.

The prime minister has cut short his vacation in the south of France and will return to Belgium for a meeting on Sunday of the National Security Council.

The machete attack took place at a wooden hut that had been erected outside the Charleroi police station to provide an additional layer of security.

Paul Magnette, mayor of the city in southern Belgium, said the checkpoint succeeded in preventing the attacker from reaching the building and causing more havoc.

The mayor said that in the wake of the attack, Belgian authorities are discussing whether security for police facilities and officers should be beefed up further.

Belgium has been on a high state of alert since the attacks in Paris on 13 November that killed 130 victims. Many of the attackers, who pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group, lived in Belgium.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/belgium-police-attack-news-latest-man-shouting-allahu-akbar-attacks-two-officers-in-charleroi-with-a7176361.html

I'm being really affected by all this shit to be honest. Since Nice i don't feel safe anymore. Until then i thought it would not be as bad as Charlie Hebdo or Le Bataclan anymore but now i lost my confidence. It's not easy to live where you know the place you are can be blown to shreds or you can be shot at any moment for just being there.

If i can avoid being in the center of the city i do. My nephew is here on holiday and i went to a mall in the outskirts of Paris to buy him clothes, i did not feel safe but still felt safer than going to the center. The military with machine guns patrolling the streets are supposed to make us feel safer but it makes me even more anxious, it feels like a warzone.

Knowing that anyone can just decide to kill people like the guy in Nice that got involved in ISIS just a few weeks prior to the attack is scary. My nephew wanted to take pictures from the Eiffel tower but then he told me he could not because he has vertigo, i was relieved. My sisters are going shopping at bd Haussmann tomorrow where all the dept. Stores are and i begged them not to go. Their excuse is that the stores are owned by qataris...as if anyone was safe from that madness.

Most of my friends have the same feeling. Some thought i was carefree after Charlie Hebdo and Le Bataclan because it did not change my life. But Nice was the turning point for me. I think it's also due to being tired of all this shit.

There seems 2 b a new wave of 'handy man' terrorists that just buy a knife or

a truck & then decide 2 kill people, alledgedly in the name of Allah :rolleyes:

I really hope they rot in hell,

But I do dread the day when this will truly escalade & someone sets a mosk on fire,

I really think this is where we r headed.

Last week we already got a taste of things 2 come when a 15 y.o. moroccan

boy from Belgium was killed in motor cycle accident while on holiday in Morocco

and people took 2 soical media 2 celebrate & mock his death... :sad:

Roland,

Perhaps you should rethink your unwavering support of the 'Religion of Peace'.

The struggle we're in is hardly new.

http://www.thelatinlibrary.com/imperialism/notes/islamchron.html

https://www.quora.com/Middle-Ages-What-was-Europe-like-under-the-rule-of-the-Muslims-Moors

There is no religion of peace, to me that's an oxymoron.

I was born in Paris and live here, i've always had muslim friends, neighbours....as well as jew and my nanny as a kid was a Jeovah witness. My sisters were brought up as catholics, they did their solmen communion and even taught kids on sunday school.

I did not. Right after my father died when i was 6 i hated God (maybe because i was told my father had died as "God wanted him back" so i was pretty pissed off at it) and did not want to have anything to do with it. My mother obliged.

Until 10 years ago muslims were not visible in France. It was a stark contrast from what i could witness in London or New York. I had never seen women wearing head scarves on their heads until i oved there. They were not doing it here when i was growing up.

After the end of the Algerian war, when France repatriated its citizens born in our old colonies and people who supported France in these colonies, they had to build projects in emergency to house all these people (some lived for years in shacks in the outskirts of Paris). They put these housings far away from the center of the cities, in places where there was nothing around. Completly cut off from french society and its heartbeat. First generation immigrants tried to fit in and kept a low profile.

Second and third generations who witnessed their parents trying to fit in without ever managing to and being rejected themselves not for being muslims but because of their names and the places they lived in grew angry. They rebelled by aknowledging their heritage even more. When you are born in a country that rejects you because your name is not french enough or because you live in places that are not regarded as being part of society (la banlieue) you go through an identity crisis.

When i was 22 i met this girl at Uni, she was in her last year of Ethnic psychiatry, she asked me to help her with her final year report. She went to 5 projects outside Paris and conducted interviews with people living there. My job was to type what was on her recorder. All these women felt alienated. The projects were their cages. They felt like they did not belong anymore to the country they came from and did not belong to french society they knew nothing about after being here for more than 20 years sometimes because they never left the projects. What they knew about french society came from TV (and they were all addicted to the Young and the restless...so they had all these fantaisies about western life based on this american soap). How could they teach anything to their kids when they felt alienated themself ? The kids grew up between this and school and the idea that there was another life out there, out of the suburbs that they were not allowed to take part of. Interestingly most of the teenage boys and young men she interviewed showed great refrained homosexual tendencies due to the way they viewed women through their mothers.

This feeling of alienation transmitted through generations is the basis of what is happenning here now.

The History of Humanity is made of wars of religions or more precisely wars of territories and conquests with religion used as an excuse.

On august 23rd 1572 at dusk started the massacre of St Bartholomew's day. Catholics slaughtered calvinists all over Paris (watch the movie Queen Margot with Isabelle Adjani, it's sublime).

Wars of religions are what also gave birth to the United States, puritans, protestants etc....fled Europe because they were persecuted (and they killed native indians when they got there to claim their lands, mocked their beliefs...).

For centuries kingdoms of Europe fought and made alliances against each others to extend their lands to get access to natural ressources and expand their economy with religion as a way to make this look like some spiritual and noble crusades against what each saw as pagans.

Spain, Germany, Italy, France....They fought for centuries. See Joan of Arc as just one example among many.

When they finally settled their borders, they looked further and colonized other parts of the world : Africa, Asia, Americas...They splitted the world to build their Empires. They were not using religion anymore as an excuse for the economic war they were conducting against each others. But in Africa for example they forced locals to convert to catholicism . They forced their culture and ways of living on the populations they colonized with the noble excuse to "civilize" them. Some were made slaves.

Religion and conquests of lands were intertwined because state and religion weren't separated, kings were chosen by god.

Kosovo, Kurdistan, Yemen, Somalia, Rwanda...all these recent wars were ethnic wars based on the non acceptance of different beliefs. Just like religion.

Every religion have blood on its hands. There is no religion of peace.

The conflict in Palestine and Israel is also a war of land and access to natural ressources (Gaza is full of Gas and oil) hidden being a war of religion.

As for the Moores, my mother is portuguese and my father's mother was spaniard so i perfectly know about it and that i maybe have arab blood in me.

The first inhabitants of Paris before Paris was Paris were morrocan nomads. When they dragged La Seine and built the Bercy park they unearthed artifacts belonging to them.

Why am i telling all this ? Because behind every so-called war of religion there's always a deeper motivation based on economy, access to natural ressources. It's hard to convince people to kill other people for gas & oil but using religion instead works. Muhammed is not financing these killers, sheikdoms are.

If i can avoid being in the center of the city i do. My nephew is here on holiday and i went to a mall in the outskirts of Paris to buy him clothes, i did not feel safe but still felt safer than going to the center. The military with machine guns patrolling the streets are supposed to make us feel safer but it makes me even more anxious, it feels like a warzone.

Knowing that anyone can just decide to kill people like the guy in Nice that got involved in ISIS just a few weeks prior to the attack is scary. My nephew wanted to take pictures from the Eiffel tower but then he told me he could not because he has vertigo, i was relieved. My sisters are going shopping at bd Haussmann tomorrow where all the dept. Stores are and i begged them not to go. Their excuse is that the stores are owned by qataris...as if anyone was safe from that madness.

Most of my friends have the same feeling. Some thought i was carefree after Charlie Hebdo and Le Bataclan because it did not change my life. But Nice was the turning point for me. I think it's also due to being tired of all this shit.

Oh dear I'm spending my honeymoon in Paris is September. I'm not scared.

These acts are vile and horrible, but irrational fear doesn't help at all.

There is no religion of peace, to me that's an oxymoron.

I was born in Paris and live here, i've always had muslim friends, neighbours....as well as jew and my nanny as a kid was a Jeovah witness. My sisters were brought up as catholics, they did their solmen communion and even taught kids on sunday school.

I did not. Right after my father died when i was 6 i hated God (maybe because i was told my father had died as "God wanted him back" so i was pretty pissed off at it) and did not want to have anything to do with it. My mother obliged.

Until 10 years ago muslims were not visible in France. It was a stark contrast from what i could witness in London or New York. I had never seen women wearing head scarves on their heads until i oved there. They were not doing it here when i was growing up.

After the end of the Algerian war, when France repatriated its citizens born in our old colonies and people who supported France in these colonies, they had to build projects in emergency to house all these people (some lived for years in shacks in the outskirts of Paris). They put these housings far away from the center of the cities, in places where there was nothing around. Completly cut off from french society and its heartbeat. First generation immigrants tried to fit in and kept a low profile.

Second and third generations who witnessed their parents trying to fit in without ever managing to and being rejected themselves not for being muslims but because of their names and the places they lived in grew angry. They rebelled by aknowledging their heritage even more. When you are born in a country that rejects you because your name is not french enough or because you live in places that are not regarded as being part of society (la banlieue) you go through an identity crisis.

When i was 22 i met this girl at Uni, she was in her last year of Ethnic psychiatry, she asked me to help her with her final year report. She went to 5 projects outside Paris and conducted interviews with people living there. My job was to type what was on her recorder. All these women felt alienated. The projects were their cages. They felt like they did not belong anymore to the country they came from and did not belong to french society they knew nothing about after being here for more than 20 years sometimes because they never left the projects. What they knew about french society came from TV (and they were all addicted to the Young and the restless...so they had all these fantaisies about western life based on this american soap). How could they teach anything to their kids when they felt alienated themself ? The kids grew up between this and school and the idea that there was another life out there, out of the suburbs that they were not allowed to take part of. Interestingly most of the teenage boys and young men she interviewed showed great refrained homosexual tendencies due to the way they viewed women through their mothers.

This feeling of alienation transmitted through generations is the basis of what is happenning here now.

The History of Humanity is made of wars of religions or more precisely wars of territories and conquests with religion used as an excuse.

On august 23rd 1572 at dusk started the massacre of St Bartholomew's day. Catholics slaughtered calvinists all over Paris (watch the movie Queen Margot with Isabelle Adjani, it's sublime).

Wars of religions are what also gave birth to the United States, puritans, protestants etc....fled Europe because they were persecuted (and they killed native indians when they got there to claim their lands, mocked their beliefs...).

For centuries kingdoms of Europe fought and made alliances against each others to extend their lands to get access to natural ressources and expand their economy with religion as a way to make this look like some spiritual and noble crusades against what each saw as pagans.

Spain, Germany, Italy, France....They fought for centuries. See Joan of Arc as just one example among many.

When they finally settled their borders, they looked further and colonized other parts of the world : Africa, Asia, Americas...They splitted the world to build their Empires. They were not using religion anymore as an excuse for the economic war they were conducting against each others. But in Africa for example they forced locals to convert to catholicism . They forced their culture and ways of living on the populations they colonized with the noble excuse to "civilize" them. Some were made slaves.

Religion and conquests of lands were intertwined because state and religion weren't separated, kings were chosen by god.

Kosovo, Kurdistan, Yemen, Somalia, Rwanda...all these recent wars were ethnic wars based on the non acceptance of different beliefs. Just like religion.

Every religion have blood on its hands. There is no religion of peace.

The conflict in Palestine and Israel is also a war of land and access to natural ressources (Gaza is full of Gas and oil) hidden being a war of religion.

As for the Moores, my mother is portuguese and my father's mother was spaniard so i perfectly know about it and that i maybe have arab blood in me.

The first inhabitants of Paris before Paris was Paris were morrocan nomads. When they dragged La Seine and built the Bercy park they unearthed artifacts belonging to them.

Why am i telling all this ? Because behind every so-called war of religion there's always a deeper motivation based on economy, access to natural ressources. It's hard to convince people to kill other people for gas & oil but using religion instead works. Muhammed is not financing these killers, sheikdoms are.

Wow great post!!!!!!

Oh dear I'm spending my honeymoon in Paris is September. I'm not scared.

These acts are vile and horrible, but irrational fear doesn't help at all.

I know but i can't help it. I perfectly know that is the intention of terrorists. Bombings in Paris are not something new though. I grew up checking under my seat in the metro for bottles of gas and opening my bag to guards whenever i got into a store.

What i also meant in my other post is that religion in itself is nothing harmful, well if you read the books there are terrible things in them especially in the bible. But it's just spirituality. Once it's organized that's when things turn sour.

Every religion through the years has been used to manipulate and justify murders because people think their religion is THE ONE. This makes them feel like they are above the others, the chosen ones.

Instead of saying nobody would kill another person because of oil i should have said nobody would die for oil.

Here they manipulated the frustration of second and third generations of immigrants, post colonial resentment and social segregation based on racism to get them to join these groups.

They exported the palestinian/israeli conflict here as an example of forces of the western empire slaughtering arabs and chasing them out of their lands. It's not just french arabs who are importing this conflict here, french jews are doing it too with LDJ (ligue de defense juive).

A few years ago i was incidentally having drinks on the terrasse of Le Bataclan café on a sunday afternoon when this group did a march to show they were there and looking for a fight. Something like 50 guys invaded the terrase asking us if we were jews or muslims. They get into fights with groups of french arabs or french africans...they don't go into the suburbs though....they just check that they don't come to the center of Paris. The LDJ was dissolved by the government even though it was backed up by some israeli governmental branch because it was recognized as an extremist group.

Now there are just isolated cases of people who are lost looking on the net for a mean to express their anger, they use religion and Isis...and then Isis gladly say they are behind their actions even though they did not commanditated it in the first place. They are opportunistic. Their goal is to install fear and they succeeded with me.

Of course i still live my life the way i used to but i'm not carefree anymore.

A lot of my friends say "what should happen will happen anyway", very existentialistic...but i'm scared for what could happen to my family and friends or even people i don't know because it's getting its toll on me to see all these dead people, all these families and friends in tears.....just like i was really deeply affected by the deadly summer of 2014 in Gaza. I'm haunted by the pictures of these disembodied children people posted on my twitter feed. I'm affected whenever there is a terrorist atatck in Israel too like this little girl slaughtered in her bedroom while she was sleeping. I'm affected by the endless and mostly never reported attacks throughout Africa.

It's always children paying the price of this madness and greed. I'm affected by the pics from Syria, not knowing who are the good guys or bad guys anymore, why are we still there making things worst ?

In french we have this horrible expression "living in the Care Bears world" whenever we say that we want for once in our lifetime, before i die, to live in a world at peace or at least without wars.

It's always a matter of borders, oil, money and power. Today just like when mankind appeared on the surface of the planet we still can't accept people looking and thinking differently than we do, we still need to force our beliefs on others. Wether it's religion or a queen of pop. We look at things vertically, a top, a bottom (versatile....just kidding) when we should start looking at things horizontally. There's a place for everything, everyone. The thirst for power is a defect in human kind.

As for God, i don't believe in it and i believe in it at the same time because saying there is no god would be as pretentious as saying there is one for me. We can't prove it either way. We just don't know. In my opinion religions were created to resolve the mystery of life & the fear of death. We didn't know where we came from, what was our purpose here and death is still a mystery. We can't accept that we have an end. Religion is deeply linked to ego and at the same time every book teaches humility.

For years i was against women wearing headscarves. Then i had to go to the hospital weekly, i met this french arab woman who had brain cancer. We had conversations in the waiting whenever we had an appointment on the same day. All she had to go through this was believing in her God. She explained me that headscarves had nothing to do with religion but more with tradition, like a beret in France (even though we don't see people wearing them anymore). How on earth would i had been so awful to tell this woman who was dying that her god did not exist ? The only thing she was getting her hope and force from ? The only thing that made her go through another day at the hospital ? It changed my views. Sometimes discussing with people who are different than you prevents a lot of things. If people were more connected to each other, not on the internet but in real life maybe we could build a real community.

Tell me i'm living in the Care Bears world but i think that what we should do now is learning to accept our differences, fight for other people's right to express their differences and to communicate, to discuss, to find a common ground that links us together. To not let anyone feel alienated. That's our biggest challenge and something we have not been able to overcome since Homo sapiens took over Neanderthals.

My mother lives outside Paris in a house, there's a project not far away. When we were flooded i had a conversation with a woman living there while we were waiting for the firemen. She told me that for 5 years now they were trying to get the housing company to do something about the incredible amount of mildew they have in their apts due to a defect in the windows they put. They left a huge space between the wall and the windows, cold and air keep coming in. The ventilation is 40 years old. When they sent a letter to the housing company they told them to buy some foam to fill the space they left. Then 2 years ago they got bed fleas and coackroaches. again they did nothing and it spread. It's not a problematic project, there's no criminality but raising children in these conditions is impossible. They have flea bytes, difficulties to breathe due to the mildew etc...So when i got the time i contacted a friend who is friends with the green deputy from this zone. 3 weeks later she visited them and came back a week later with the press and specialists. The pictures speak for themselves. She sent a letter to the housing company, they did not respond so she had to ask the prefect to act. This is just an example of the kind of resentment people living in projects grow up with.

Off topic. Karby - when you getting married? Congrats

Oh, thank you! It's true that i didn't comment here much about it. It's next September, on the 16h.

This is so off topic that i will open a thread to show off my fiancee :)

My mother lives outside Paris in a house, there's a project not far away. When we were flooded i had a conversation with a woman living there while we were waiting for the firemen. She told me that for 5 years now they were trying to get the housing company to do something about the incredible amount of mildew they have in their apts due to a defect in the windows they put. They left a huge space between the wall and the windows, cold and air keep coming in. The ventilation is 40 years old. When they sent a letter to the housing company they told them to buy some foam to fill the space they left. Then 2 years ago they got bed fleas and coackroaches. again they did nothing and it spread. It's not a problematic project, there's no criminality but raising children in these conditions is impossible. They have flea bytes, difficulties to breathe due to the mildew etc...So when i got the time i contacted a friend who is friends with the green deputy from this zone. 3 weeks later she visited them and came back a week later with the press and specialists. The pictures speak for themselves. She sent a letter to the housing company, they did not respond so she had to ask the prefect to act. This is just an example of the kind of resentment people living in projects grow up with.

I think it's very difficult to get fast and growing immigrantion and maybe all countries would have done the same as France did during the 60, 70... But it's true that nowadays situation is a direct consequence of that policy.

Sometimes it scares me, just how late consequences can be felt. And i do wonder: what are we doing NOW, that will affect us like in 30 years?

For those of you who thought these killers were random and NOT working within a bigger network.

Refugee-Terrorists “Instructed by ISIS”

At least two of the refugee-terrorists who carried out attacks in Germany were receiving instructions via telephones registered in Saudi Arabia, German police have confirmed.

Refugee-terrorists Riaz Khan Ahmadzai—the train ax attacker—and Ansbach bomber Mohammad Daleel both received specific orders by text messages before their attacks.

refugee-terrorists-1-2.jpg?resize=730%2C

Chat transcripts obtained by the German police also revealed that at least one of the nonwhite terrorists was planning to strike again.

Ahmadzai—who was a Pakistani pretending to be an Afghan “refugee,” and who seriously injured several people on a regional train with an ax and knife on July 18, also left a good-bye message before engaging in the attack. “We’ll see each other in paradise,” he wrote.

In chats conducted prior to the attack, an ISIS contact man suggested to the invader that he drive a car into a mass of people.

http://newobserveronline.com/refugee-terrorists-instructed-isis/

I don't know Love Spent.

Where do you live ? Have you ever met a muslim or an arab in real life ? You seem to think all muslims are potential terrorists and that the problem is Islam.

There's not just one profile for these terrorists, yes there are Isis agents whom infiltrated the migrants wave from last year to get in Europe but there are terrorists who act by mimetism, the Werther syndrom Karbatal talked about a few weeks ago. They find the 101 on terrorism on the internet. That's because there's not just one profile that it scares me.

I don't know how Germany and England managed their immigration, each country has a different story. All i can talk about is how France did not manage it well. We had to come out with "posisitive discrimination" laws so employers are forced to hire people whose names don't sound french or are not white, not living in the cities. It did not change much.

What should have been done is to not build an invisible frontier between the suburbs and the cities especially in Paris. That's what they are trying to break now by turning it into a metropole and extending the subway lines, creating new ones.

There's also another debate we should have here in France and that is what does it mean to be french since there's this big identity crisis for many. That yes you can be named Mohammed and be french, that you can be black and be french, you can wear a headscarf and be french. Not always being asked "Where are you from ?" when even your parents were born in France just like you because your grand parents were the ones who migrated. To stop whitewashing History in school too. Will it change something ? Maybe not. But it shows the will is there.

And all this is also happenning because there's a huge economic crisis. Isis and all these fuckers target people who are struggling and can't see a way out with doors all closed before them.

The terrorist from the train was named Amadhzai ? Like Mirwais ? Proof that some 2nd generation immigrants managed very well....but Mirwais grew up IN Paris and that makes a very big difference, he had access to culture, people from other walks of life, things you can't get even when you only live 5 kilometers away from Paris. This is changing though but it should have been earlier.

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh, thank you! It's true that i didn't comment here much about it. It's next September, on the 16h.

This is so off topic that i will open a thread to show off my fiancee :)

Yesssss!

I live in Central Europe. Of course I've met and befriended Muslims, men and women, from all over the world (France, Morroco, Algeria, Egypt).

I have regular contact with them in and out of the workplace. I do not believe all Muslims are terrorists.

Ok. I thought you did regarding the things you shared. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

:)

Karby, that's on my sister's birthday, i hope it's gonna bring you luck.

German intelligence warns of IS ‘hit squads’ among refugees

Official says country has to accept it is home to terror ‘sleeper cells.’

By

Joshua Posaner

8/11/16, 12:43 PM CET

German intelligence services have evidence that “hit squads” from the Islamic State terror group have infiltrated the country disguised as refugees, the deputy head of Bavaria’s spy agency told the BBC Thursday.

“We have to accept that we have hit squads and sleeper cells in Germany,” Manfred Hauser, the vice president of the Bavaria region’s intelligence gathering agency, BayLfV, told the Today program.

“We have substantial reports that among the refugees there are hit squads. There are hundreds of these reports, some from refugees themselves. We are still following up on these, and we haven’t investigated all of them fully,” said Hauser.

German Interior Minister Thomas de Maizière will present a set of new security measures in Berlin on Thursday, following recent attacks in the country inspired by IS.

On July 18, five people were injured on a train near the city of Würzburg in Bavaria by an axe-wielding attacker. Less than a week later 15 people were injured during a suicide bombing attack outside a bar in Ansbach, also located in Bavaria.

Hauser said intelligence services have “irrefutable evidence that there is an IS command structure in place,” making a coordinated attack, similar to those seen in Paris last November and Brussels in March, “likely.”

Bavaria has been the main gateway for asylum seekers fleeing conflict in the Middle East, over 1 million of whom arrived in Germany in 2015.

http://www.politico.eu/article/german-intelligence-warns-of-is-hit-squads-among-refugees/

Yes. And there are rapers and psychos too. And doctors and gays and mothers and everything. They are millions.

I agree but there doesn't seem to be very many women and children making this journey. Of course they exist, but in small numbers.

Check out the Males 18-34 percentage.

PGM_2016.08.02_Europe-Asylum-14.png

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/08/02/4-asylum-seeker-demography-young-and-male/

I met a very interesting woman 2 days ago on the train. She was a gynecologist in Afghanistan and she was forced to abort her studies after the Taliban forbid women attending classes. Really fascinating stories she had to tell.