MadonnaNation.com Forums
spazz

Give Me All Your Luvin' APPRECIATION THREAD

Just now, loowee said:

I will NEVER understand how fans would think Girl Gone Wild and Turn Up The Radio are better than GMAYL. The former two are generic as hell with those dusty beats. GMAYL still sounds groovy, fun and fresh. 

That's best description of those songs I've ever heard lol. 

I've warmed to GMAYL over the last year. Particularly this summer. It's a great beach song. 

Some non Madonna fans heard it and said 'Oh! This is that song she did at the Super Bowl!. I've always liked this song!'

Really? Where the fuck were you in 2012? I think radio hated this song far more than the general public did. 

I like the melody & the production but the lyrics ruin it. Embarrassing.

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

Love the solo demo version

Love the remix 

Love the video 

Love the tour performance 

Me 2

7 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

The song that officially ended her commercial career. Who would have thought this terrible little song would be even more destructive than American Life (which I love).

I frankly don't care if this is an appreciation thread, this song should have never seen the light of day. She should have released GGW as lead single and perform that at the Superbowl right before Like a Prayer. A guranteed hit, yes. Not even the features could save GMAL from tanking after one week. It's her weakest single choice EVER and it's the reason all her following single releases including the great stuff from Rebel Heart tanked.

Bit dramatic don't you think.  No wonder other fan groups rubbish Madonna when her own fans get so dismissive about her career.  It is one song.  People do not turn off an artist over one song. If they do, they are shallow stupid people who over react and don't understand music in general. 

Still love this song but yeah should have been a one off promo for SB

2 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Love the solo demo version

Love the remix 

Love the video 

Love the tour performance 

Ew. I expected better from you.

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

The video is great 

Fine I agree but still...

I stand by what I said that the song ruined what could have been a good era for her.

On 8/4/2017 at 9:48 AM, Msig said:

This is what Martin Solveig told Mojo in 2015 about the creation of the song:

"I'd demoed it for her in a complete form but the first day I met her she told me: 'I like this song but if we're going to do it together we're going to re-do it together too.' We took everything out of the demo she didn't like: the snare drum, the vocal and from that skeleton track we built a new song."

Just REconfirms for the 1000th time how criminally underrated she is for her skills/input as both a songwriter and producer/musician! Pity is ( per her 1995 ABC Interview) they'll all suck her ass in every way once she's gone. At least she was well aware of that going back 20+ years. 

First I'll say NO other song was stronger or would've done better lol. While GMAYL was on a repeat over/over when it first came it, think it was more the loon in me who just loved hearing her voice and any new song after 4 years lol. The song has some catchy parts but is really not a good song. Flat, lazy, demo-ish, and just...hollow. I remember thinking it sounded like Avril Levigne :/. lol Dunno who thought it was good idea to do the spelling and chants of her name esp. after doing it in 4M.  Think this was first 1st single that flopped for her worldwide since the debut album. Ended up being the least eventful of em all :/. At least the album had pretty mammoth debuts and chart peaks. The execution of it all (Super Bowl and bundling it in the US etc...) was def. done waay better than Rebel Heart

:wacko:

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Still love this song but yeah should have been a one off promo for SB

Agree should of just been a SB promo song and video. Perfect for that but not as an actual, FIRST M single in 4 years lol 

On 8/5/2017 at 8:17 PM, Crystal Coffin said:

The video is great 

and the performance on MDNA tour was stellar

her most forgettable single ever .overall MDNA had the worst singles period

3 hours ago, sotos8 said:

her most forgettable single ever 

Now THAT would be Turn Up the Radio, love. 

3 hours ago, sotos8 said:

her most forgettable single ever 

that would be Living For Love, babe

22 minutes ago, Barbie said:

that would be Living For Love, babe

You might receive backkash for picking on LFL. Haha 

Actually was never too crazy about LFL either since I first heard it. Feel like there's very strong potential for an amazing track, but I didn't like final mix . Do like it better than GMAYL though. 

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

You might receive backkash for picking on LFL. Haha 

Actually was never too crazy about LFL either since I first heard it. Feel like there's very strong potential for an amazing track, but I didn't like final mix . Do like it better than GMAYL though. 

:rotfl:I've NEVER cared for that dry ass, sleepy song. At least GMAYL was fun. LFL is bonus track material at best. But I won't rain on anyone's parade who still think it's amazing and epic and stuff giphy.gif

On 8/5/2017 at 8:59 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

Bit dramatic don't you think.  No wonder other fan groups rubbish Madonna when her own fans get so dismissive about her career.  It is one song.  People do not turn off an artist over one song. If they do, they are shallow stupid people who over react and don't understand music in general.

tumblr_inline_nzvokzCj6N1ra43cw_500.gif

The next album era can't come soon enough.........   :newspaper:

10 hours ago, Barbie said:

:rotfl:I've NEVER cared for that dry ass, sleepy song. At least GMAYL was fun. LFL is bonus track material at best. But I won't rain on anyone's parade who still think it's amazing and epic and stuff giphy.gif

This post alone is worth a flush. 

giphy.gif

I will seriously never in my whole life be able to respect anyone who literally thinks GMAYL is better than LFL which had Madonna finally go back to more meaningful and empowering lyrics. GMAYL is fun as long as you remember that it's a single the QUEEN OF POP decided to release 30 years into her career after releasing stuff like LAP and ROL years before. An absolute tragedy.

Not even Gaga, Katy or any popgirl would have picked that song for an album, let alone a single. It's even one of Martin Solveig's worst productions. His album is actually really good and GMAYL simply pales in comparison.

On 8/5/2017 at 10:17 AM, KalamazooJay said:

I can't with people who rail against GMAYL as a first single. "HOW DARE SHE RELEASE SUCH A GENERIC, CHEESY TRACK! This was her big OPPORTUNITY to come BACK!" But in the same breath say that Girl Gone Wild would've been this MONSTER hit had she just performed it at the Super Bowl. :lmao:

dA fUQ? :blink:

Because satanic sounding chants from monks in red robes and her pointing a gun at hundreds of thousands of people in the stands while singing about being a 'bad girl' and 808 drums just screams Billboard Top 10. GGW, in my opinion, would've been even MORE embarrassing for her than GMAYL. And this is coming from someone who really enjoys GGW. 

If she had to pick  from ANY of the generic singles she picked from MDNA to lead with, it should've been Turn Up The Radio. It would've made sense in a setting like the Super Bowl, has a singalong chorus, and probably would've been picked up by a lot of radio formats. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that TUTR would have been the safest choice for the SB.