MadonnaNation.com Forums
spazz

Give Me All Your Luvin' APPRECIATION THREAD

It would be a great song without the cheerleader chant or at worst, just reduced to a background vocal as part of the bridge. It's kind of childish and annoying, especially for an artist who is considered quite progressive and experimental.

I loved it as part of the SuperBowl and the video is magnificent but I always skip it when I play MDNA. It says a lot that she performed such a heavily remixed version of it on the MDNA tour and didn't include the cheerleader chant.

The chant was there - Madonna even mouths it herself when it first starts :)

She performed a heavily remixed version of AL on the RIT, but that doesn't say anything about how she felt about the song itself (ditto for the Hollywood interlude). It could also be argued that the fact that she played the dance mix of LAP in BAT (instead of the superior album/single version) says something, but it really doesn't.

I've always loved the song and don't understand the hatred for it. It's pure, unadulterated pop and it's great to listen to. What more could you want (for some people, a lot, it would seem...!)? As others have said, it was definitely a hit in a large number of countries. It underperformed in the UK and Australia/NZ, but in most other territories, it was a hit. We had to wait for LFL to experience the first lead single from a Madonna album not to make a significant impact on a global scale.

Guest bluejean

She performed a remix in the hope someone would like the song

Ouch!!

The chant was there - Madonna even mouths it herself when it first starts :)

She performed a heavily remixed version of AL on the RIT, but that doesn't say anything about how she felt about the song itself (ditto for the Hollywood interlude). It could also be argued that the fact that she played the dance mix of LAP in BAT (instead of the superior album/single version) says something, but it really doesn't.

I've always loved the song and don't understand the hatred for it. It's pure, unadulterated pop and it's great to listen to. What more could you want (for some people, a lot, it would seem...!)? As others have said, it was definitely a hit in a large number of countries. It underperformed in the UK and Australia/NZ, but in most other territories, it was a hit. We had to wait for LFL to experience the first lead single from a Madonna album not to make a significant impact on a global scale.

It's indeed her last top ten in many important markets.Its chart impact was far from tragic with the exception of UK, where pre-orders weren't counted, and Australia and New Zeland, like you said. Living for love peaks worldwide on the other hand.. well, those were tragic (sadly because the song is great!).

Guest Pud Whacker

It would be a great song without the cheerleader chant or at worst, just reduced to a background vocal as part of the bridge. It's kind of childish and annoying, especially for an artist who is considered quite progressive and experimental.

I loved it as part of the SuperBowl and the video is magnificent but I always skip it when I play MDNA. It says a lot that she performed such a heavily remixed version of it on the MDNA tour and didn't include the cheerleader chant.

Says a lot that you don't know SHE ALWAYS performs the remix version dating back to Open Your Heart on the WTG tour.

mI-eyR.gif

True.

She did the same with LFL.

Ive always had a soft spot for GMAYL..the video is ace..and live the performance was phenom! :wow: i like how unprepared we all were when the demo leaked and then the final version :lol:

2ngcyly.gif

OK, the song is not all that but the video clip is ! God I love it. Don't we all want to strut like this while twirling our hair

Madonna-in-Give-Me-All-Your-Luvin-music-

:thumbsup:

Much love, such a fun sing along and an awesome vid. A favorite car track that always gets the passengers singing along

Guest bluejean

She did the same with LFL.

Yes I know and I was disappointed because I much prefer the album version

A super fun pop song. Very retro. I always liked it very much. Much more so than LFL. And the only reason I'm comparing them is because they are lead singles from her most recent eras.

The video is super cool too. And the tour performance is LIFE.

IMMA SAY THIS ONCE. IMMA SAY THIS ONCE

:dramatic:

GGW is ten times worse and more generic and cringey than GMAL.

This. Great "regurgitation" video though.

Oh...GGW is flawless bop.

FORGIVE MEEEEEEE :drama:

People calling GMAYL a Hit....

Yes...we speak the truth :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean
:dead: Carta no. It's a FLOP. It may have charted in Italy but I don't live there. FLOP in Australia, UK and US.

:dead: Carta no. It's a FLOP. It may have charted in Italy but I don't live there. FLOP in Australia, UK and US.

In Us it's her last top ten hit and scanned gold (but didn't have longevity. It started plummeting after its third week on the chart ). It was a number one in Canada, Israel and Finland and a top ten in France (3), Germany(8) and Italy (4) and in other european and asian countries too. It flopped hard in UK, Australia and New Zeland.

Hit it was..not huge nyt a hits a hit.

Then by that logic, "Lucky Star" was a flop, too (since it barely scraped the Top 40 in Australia - GMAYL peaked at #25) :). How can a Top 10 single be considered a flop in the US??

Then by that logic, "Lucky Star" was a flop, too (since it barely scraped the Top 40 in Australia - GMAYL peaked at #25) :). How can a Top 10 single be considered a flop in the US??

Lucky Star was released 30 years ago in the beggining of her career in a time where people bought LPs , its not even comparable.

Guest bluejean

GMAYL was BOUGHT radio plays and sold well for a brief moment with all the Super Bowl hype then soon dropped like a stone. FLOP.

Lucky Star on the other hand has received substantial radio and video play in Australia so over time has become very well known and liked. GMAYL will never be played on a radio station anywhere in the world ever again.

But when she did the LFL performance during the RHT it was brilliant? Give me a break.

For God sake. It's a fun song! I love every single second of 'Give me all your luvin', video is amazing, Superbowl performance was on point, performance on tour was brilliant.

I love the guitars, I love when she says "Every record sounds the same, you gotta step into my world" and she's true! There was plenty of records in 2012 playing the same sound over and over and Madonna played a sound different at that time (even tho it was a Solveig production very dated).

Relax, take it easy. Enjoy and let people dance with this nice song :)

Less talk, more music:

GMAYL is her best single from 2010 onward. :wow:

But when she did the LFL performance during the RHT it was brilliant? Give me a break.

For God sake. It's a fun song! I love every single second of 'Give me all your luvin', video is amazing, Superbowl performance was on point, performance on tour was brilliant.

I love the guitars, I love when she says "Every record sounds the same, you gotta step into my world" and she's true! There was plenty of records in 2012 playing the same sound over and over and Madonna played a sound different at that time (even tho it was a Solveig production very dated).

Relax, take it easy. Enjoy and let people dance with this nice song :)

Welcome back jairo

tits%20of%20life.gif

I think had she of taken Living for Love to the Bowl it would of been a much bigger hit given that platform than GMAYL.

I don't mind GMAYL, but I think without the Bowl and Minaj it would of sank without a trace.

LFL I think is the better song and would found some natural legs GMAYL didn't once the Bowl mania died down.