MadonnaNation.com Forums
spazz

Give Me All Your Luvin' APPRECIATION THREAD

Great video. One of her best in the last few years.

I wish we had an extended version featuring the lost vocals from the demo in the context of the finished production.

M-A-D-Don't make me

Shit mediocre song. Killed her audience. Radio was playing it non stop but it sucked so bad it killed her radio relevance on arrival. Ateast first single from Madonna radio rekevance worldwide. Fact.

This.

I know stacks of Madonna fans hate this song with a passion but I think saying it killed her career etc is a bit much. If people can turn off someone over one song, they were going to jump off anyway. Are attention spans in today's social media world that limited that people can't overlook a song they don't like ? It was a happy poppy song that went with the cheerleader theme of the Superbowl. I don't think it was strong enough for first single material but it is what it is. The video clip was amazing and a great return to form there.

OK, the song is not all that but the video clip is ! God I love it. Don't we all want to strut like this while twirling our hair

Madonna-in-Give-Me-All-Your-Luvin-music-

The video is ONE OF HER BEST

Shit mediocre song. Killed her audience. Radio was playing it non stop but it sucked so bad it killed her radio relevance on arrival. Ateast first single from Madonna radio rekevance worldwide. Fact.

She's never recovered from it commercially that's true.

She just died on the UK charts over night after GMAYL.

And yes it was successful in America, but it had plenty of help with the SuperBowl and Minajs huge popularity at the time, and the radio-deal.

But globally, she's never recovered from GMAYL.

love this!!! :inlove:

The demo. The album version. The MDNAT version.

When the demo leaked, I used it as one of the songs in the office party.

I'll never understand the hate this gets. And why did she not work with Megaforce again? That video was so great

This is the only CD single of Madonna I own :chuckle:

It would be a great song without the cheerleader chant or at worst, just reduced to a background vocal as part of the bridge. It's kind of childish and annoying, especially for an artist who is considered quite progressive and experimental.

I loved it as part of the SuperBowl and the video is magnificent but I always skip it when I play MDNA. It says a lot that she performed such a heavily remixed version of it on the MDNA tour and didn't include the cheerleader chant.

We should forbid any appreciation thread about songs that clearly are SHIT and shameful.

Shame on flop fans without taste!!!!!

It would be a great song without the cheerleader chant or at worst, just reduced to a background vocal as part of the bridge. It's kind of childish and annoying, especially for an artist who is considered quite progressive and experimental.

I loved it as part of the SuperBowl and the video is magnificent but I always skip it when I play MDNA. It says a lot that she performed such a heavily remixed version of it on the MDNA tour and didn't include the cheerleader chant.

The performance on MDNA tour was life for sure!

I think if there was more time GMAYL could of sounded hell of a lot better.

But it was recorded very quickly as Madonna needed to start rehearsing for SuperBowl and promoting WE.....had there of been more time I think it would of been written/executed better.

But the song was recorded practically over night.

The demo was leaked in December. They had time. Madonna has done classics in less time.

The performance on MDNA tour was life for sure!

I think if there was more time GMAYL could of sounded hell of a lot better.

But it was recorded very quickly as Madonna needed to start rehearsing for SuperBowl and promoting WE.....had there of been more time I think it would of been written/executed better.

But the song was recorded practically over night.

What do you mean over night??

Someone played GMAYL at Madonna's UK home as early as July 2011, a fan recorded a few bits from the streets

http://mobi.perezhilton.com/2011-07-09-alleged-new-madonna-song-snippets-recorded-outside-her-studio#.V53-I8sn5Ag

From the Timeline:

July 8: Today, outside Madonnas London home, a recording is made by an Argentinean Madonna fan. The recording catches two snippets of music playing loudly inside (with Madonna vocals). The two songs appear to be new dance-music demos.

One has lyrics that say: In another place, in a different time, you could be my lucky star... " LATER: This will be Give Me All Your Luvin produced by Solveig

The other track (more rigid) has lyrics that say: Like a girl gone wild...a good girl gone wild. LATER: This will be Girl Gone Wild produced by Benassi. Note: This probably means she was working in London with Benassi at the same time as Solveig.

MIA and Niki Minaj recorded their parts in late November.

We should forbid any appreciation thread about songs that clearly are SHIT and shameful.

Shame on flop fans without taste!!!!!

rude

at MDNA show night in Istanbul, i was so confused where/what to focus on the stage... M is dancing, the guys are flying above her... there was a weird backdrop video... i was telling myself: just look at M, when the dvd is out u will watch the flying guys...
well...

the dvd is out with a bad edit.

fuck.

The chant was there - Madonna even mouths it herself when it first starts :)

She performed a heavily remixed version of AL on the RIT, but that doesn't say anything about how she felt about the song itself (ditto for the Hollywood interlude). It could also be argued that the fact that she played the dance mix of LAP in BAT (instead of the superior album/single version) says something, but it really doesn't.

I've always loved the song and don't understand the hatred for it. It's pure, unadulterated pop and it's great to listen to. What more could you want (for some people, a lot, it would seem...!)? As others have said, it was definitely a hit in a large number of countries. It underperformed in the UK and Australia/NZ, but in most other territories, it was a hit. We had to wait for LFL to experience the first lead single from a Madonna album not to make a significant impact on a global scale.

Guest bluejean

She performed a remix in the hope someone would like the song

Ouch!!

The chant was there - Madonna even mouths it herself when it first starts :)

She performed a heavily remixed version of AL on the RIT, but that doesn't say anything about how she felt about the song itself (ditto for the Hollywood interlude). It could also be argued that the fact that she played the dance mix of LAP in BAT (instead of the superior album/single version) says something, but it really doesn't.

I've always loved the song and don't understand the hatred for it. It's pure, unadulterated pop and it's great to listen to. What more could you want (for some people, a lot, it would seem...!)? As others have said, it was definitely a hit in a large number of countries. It underperformed in the UK and Australia/NZ, but in most other territories, it was a hit. We had to wait for LFL to experience the first lead single from a Madonna album not to make a significant impact on a global scale.

It's indeed her last top ten in many important markets.Its chart impact was far from tragic with the exception of UK, where pre-orders weren't counted, and Australia and New Zeland, like you said. Living for love peaks worldwide on the other hand.. well, those were tragic (sadly because the song is great!).

Guest Pud Whacker

Says a lot that you don't know SHE ALWAYS performs the remix version dating back to Open Your Heart on the WTG tour.

mI-eyR.gif

True.