2016 American Presidential Thread

JR!

The Black Madonna, on 09 Aug 2016 - 01:20 AM, said:

The worst thing is it DID happen.

That's not the context that my comment was coming from.

I meant in terms of republicans using the deaths of these people simply for political gain since day one.

There have COUNTLESS investigations into this. Most of which were led by republicans that found NO wrong doing by Obama or Hillary in how they handled the situation. Yet they are still trying to use it against them when this has been a closed case for awhile now.

If anything they should look into their own backyard since they were the ones that voted against extra spending to protect embassies. There has been more time and more investigations into this then 9/11 for crying out loud.

Ugh he is so sexy. And he doesn't age!

I love how conservatives are so anti-Hollywood and them having opinions just because most of their opinions are against them. It is obvious they are jealous as hell. Why else would they slobber over having Charles in Charge at their convention? :lmao: Why bother if they don't care about "star" power. Because deep down they do. But Charles in Charge and Antonio Sabato Jr. is all they can pull in right now.

Girl what??? :lol:

Dukakis had a convention bump in July/August, then was overtaken quite solidly by Bush by September. Actually, same pattern as what is happening now.

September was around 48-41 for Bush.

Bit belated but I was partially right like you were. The RNC convention in '88 was many weeks later (mid August) vs 2016 for the DNC. This year the DNC was the end of July as we know. Yes, after Bushes convention in mid August he did indeed jump ahead (almost identical to the Clinton's 'bump') and stayed there well into Sept. and sustained it until finally winning the election. So, yeah, as of now it's looking like a similar pattern- only difference being the slight difference in the dates. Of course next to no Rethugs (mainly on Fox of course) are fact checking (or are in denial) about the difference in the dates. Instead they're just spouting out 'oh..well Dukakis was also up by many, many points in August (as in the whole month) but making it sound like the RNC was in/around the same time as the DNC this year and was still ahead of Bush.

Republican Sen. Susan Collins is not voting for Trump.

NEXT we need..really need Condi Rice and/ or (even more importantly) Colin Powell! Think it's a timing/strategic thing- all the big A+ respected (aka no Bush, Cheney etc..) list names waiting until September and esp October! No doubt BOTH sides are gonna get 10x dirtier in the coming weeks than every other election combined. Between the extreme OCD w/ Benghazi and e-mails, (as others have said) the GOP are spending waay more time and pissing away $ like Niagara Falls compared to f'king *9/11*!!! Insane! lol. Who cares... one by one or 50! (with many, many more to come) enough of the GOP even more than the Dems are absolutely making sure this orange cactus doesn't win! They now have a Mormon Independent who should be able to get on the ballot in many states. Utah first! lol

So you have at least two other former Republicans or anti Tump candidates who will take away votes from Trump any way you cut it. All this should do is help Hillary. The GOP ain't sleeping until this roach is squshed! lol. Yet...(after 10 minutes of 'pivoting/acting normal lmao) the Dumpster is back to his tired as fuck ramblings how all this will only benefit him and it's him against the 'establishment, losers etc..' zzzz Besides his core kkk angry white a-hole base, HOW on earth is the skunk expecting to 'expand' anything but the poop that comes out of his holes.

Clinton Campaign Says It Didn't Know Orlando Shooter's Father Was At Her Rally

CpZFBYdVYAAvVWe.jpg

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/09/489311398/clinton-campaign-says-it-didnt-know-orlando-shooters-father-was-at-her-rally

:lmao:

Yeah fuckng right! That's why he got such a prime seat.

They really have a low opinion of the public.

What a joke.

Guest Pud Whacker

So... Did u guys hear about the assassination "joke"?

when hillary did that regarding Obama when she was his running mate?

old news.

Guest Pud Whacker

And when exactly was Hillary Clinton Obama's running mate? :flop:

running opposite, running hole. youve got the runs because of your love for Indian food.

whatever its called.

He's baiting you. Exactly what he just told Hector he wouldn't do 😂😂

No I wasn't bitch. Spazz and I have some very differing opinions but I respect his. If you're looking for the baiters/trolls/attention seekers in this thread don't look towards me.

https://www.facebook.com/theDanRather/posts/10157249295185716

DAN RATHER

No trying-to-be objective and fair journalist, no citizen who cares about the country and its future can ignore what Donald Trump said today. When he suggested that "The Second Amendment People" can stop Hillary Clinton he crossed a line with dangerous potential. By any objective analysis, this is a new low and unprecedented in the history of American presidential politics. This is no longer about policy, civility, decency or even temperament. This is a direct threat of violence against a political rival. It is not just against the norms of American politics, it raises a serious question of whether it is against the law. If any other citizen had said this about a Presidential candidate, would the Secret Service be investigating?

Candidate Trump will undoubtably issue an explanation; some of his surrogates are already engaged in trying to gloss it over, but once the words are out there they cannot be taken back. That is what inciting violence means.

To anyone who still pretends this is a normal election of Republican against Democrat, history is watching. And I suspect its verdict will be harsh. Many have tried to do a side-shuffle and issue statements saying they strongly disagree with his rhetoric but still support the candidate. That is becoming woefully insufficient. The rhetoric is the candidate.

This cannot be treated as just another outrageous moment in the campaign. We will see whether major newscasts explain how grave and unprecedented this is and whether the headlines in tomorrow's newspapers do it justice. We will soon know whether anyone who has publicly supported Trump explains how they can continue to do.

We are a democratic republic governed by the rule of law. We are an honest, fair and decent people. In trying to come to terms with today's discouraging development the best I can do is to summon our greatest political poet Abraham Lincoln for perspective:

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

Lincoln used these stirring words to end his First Inaugural Address. It was the eve of the Civil War and sadly his call for sanity, cohesion and peace was met with horrific violence that almost left our precious Union asunder. We cannot let that happen again.

But the orange shit stain in now TIED w/ her in ready....FloriDUH! lol Pulling ahead in Ohio (finally!) and waay ahead in PA and basically everywhere else (even GA and maybe AZ!) , yet...here we f'king go w/ Florida yet *again*! :wacko: I think the water is 20x worse in FL than Flint MI they just don't know it. Beyond baffled just on the overall super mixed demographics which makes me think it's truly the water and/or super corruption (like 2000) due to a super, super corrupt horrifying creepy Governor.

Ciccone's Cheeks, on 09 Aug 2016 - 7:20 PM, said:

But the orange shit stain in now TIED w/ her in ready....FloriDUH! lol Pulling ahead in Ohio and waay ahead in PA, yet...here we f'king go w/ Florida yet again!

Ummmm Hillary is way ahead in PA and up in Ohio by 4 in a latest poll.

Frankly the electoral map is so in the dems favor she could lose both Florida and Ohio and still win.

There was a report today how tens of thousands in Florida are in a mad rush to fast track becoming a citizen of the US so they can vote in this election. Obviously the fast majority would be voting against Dump.

Hope as many as possible get that opportunity.

And I can't at some of you saying HRC intentionally invited Omar Mateen's father to the rally

Right becuz Clinton just wants another headache

The man lives in Florida it's not like he got flown in from Afghanistan

Who knows why he thought it was a good idea to show up anywhere. Weirdo. It's bad optics all around but creating conspiracy from nothing is fucking stupid and it doesn't even make any sense. She invited Mateen's father to her rally so she could get a whole bunch of ppl on Twitter to accuse her of being a terrorist? What is this, Inception/ Mind King Fu of a political campaign. Have a seat

Anyway back to the Trump show