2016 American Presidential Thread

JR!

Agree and *clearly remember was quite similar in 2012 before the election. All over the Yahoo message boards etc...there were easily 2 to 1 more anti Obama comments. Many which were racist, vile and as hateful as the ones against Hillary. Only difference was Obama at least had a waay more enthusiastic online and social media presence to counter that.

If not for Trump, Clinton would be the most disliked person to top a presidential ticket. Negativity thrives on social media, and when youre that divisive, youre not going to glean that much support. But Trump has a much darker apparatus at work - part of that is this weird alt-right bot infestation that has had a history and a place on the internet in some form - its just never taken center stage in a presidential race. (read: http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/08/some-pro-trump-twitter-accounts-appear-to-be-part-of-marketing-campaign/ )

Clinton has run a tepid campaign - because she has no message. The cliche that has followed Clinton is that she's Tracy Flick in the movie Election - annoying in her determination and obsession to detail, and overall unlikable as a campaigner. But solid on the granular and convincing as a qualified leader. That doesn't hold a candle to Obama 2008 or Trump 2016.

But that doesnt mean ppl aren't voting for her. They're just not as interested or invested in talking about it. She's got the votes of ppl she needs to get votes from, but the wind has been out of her sails for quite some time. Obama and Trump are like (very different) national legends as campaigners. Hillary Clinton is NOT.

CC... you are something else :rotfl:

Since when is social media indicative of support? Trump's support is all Russian bots (wait til more tea is uncovered on that) and teenage boys. PRIMAL SCREAM. The same thing happened in 2012 with Romney although it wasn't as noticeable since Obie is widely more liked than Hillary.

I can't believe youre moaning about an average of 7+ ahead in polls. This is a polarized country. The SARAH PALIN ticket still managed to win 45% of the vote. They still lost in an electoral landslide to Obama.

You might as well say Bernie should have won because soooooo many white ppl (average age: 21) in California, Oregon, and Williamsburg went to his repetitive rallies.

I will be the first to say that we don't know with HRC. She always somehow finds SOME WAY to fuck herself up :rolleyes: But the fact that youre whining about these staggering numbers is stunning to me. They may be temporary sure, and you should expect them to tighten. But numbers like these havent been seen at any point in a race since the 80s. They're horrible for the GOP.

I made mention of a similar thing happening in another post (tons of anti-Obama trolls all over the message boards in 2012). Yes, there's just no way Bernie had a shot in a general. His 'message' and passion of his supporters was very vocal and crazed in most cases (like Trumps) yet way more concentrated. As much as Hillary is disliked and 'polarizing' between the two, Bernie was only gonna get the under 30 white vote (most who wouldn't come out, 'forget' or be too stoned to vote anyway) lol. The Dems KEY voting blocks are what is needed in a general (Blacks, Hispanics, Asians etc etc..). Hillary and the Clinton name brand is basically in/around as powerful to them as Obama. Guess my overall concern is more about your last point- *what kind of shit/dirt is this Julian Assange twerp 'saving'? Speaking of the 80s, wasn't it 'Dukakis' who was up by like 15 well into September? lol. Not sure what/who you're referring to. ;)

I made mention of a similar thing happening in another post (tons of anti-Obama trolls all over the message boards in 2012). Yes, there's just no way Bernie had a shot in a general. His 'message' and passion of his supporters was very vocal and crazed in most cases (like Trumps) yet way more concentrated. As much as Hillary is disliked and 'polarizing' between the two, Bernie was only gonna get the under 30 white vote (most who wouldn't come out, 'forget' or be too stoned to vote anyway) lol. The Dems KEY voting blocks are what is needed in a general (Blacks, Hispanics, Asians etc etc..). Hillary and the Clinton name brand is basically in/around as powerful to them as Obama. Guess my overall concern is more about your last point- *what kind of shit/dirt is this Julian Assange twerp 'saving'? Oh and speaking of the 80s, wasn't Dukakis up by like 15 well into September? lol. Not sure what/who you're referring to. ;)

Girl what??? :lol:

Dukakis had a convention bump in July/August, then was overtaken quite solidly by Bush by September. Actually, same pattern as what is happening now.

September was around 48-41 for Bush.

Speaking of Bush 1... I think Clinton is going to have a very similar presidency to him if she gets in. Lots of parallels. Both following massive 2-term presidential runs with their party, both inheriting favorable numbers of the incumbent president, both tone-deaf and awkward campaigners, both reaping the benefits of a severely weakened opposing party, equally weak opponent, and favorable economy, etc.

She'll be a 1 term prez if elected. The GOP is at rock bottom, theyre only going up from here.

:blink: Lmao at that Daily Caller article. Okay..I'll sleep a bit better 2nte ;P. Think it was Skin who copied/pasted something here from Facebook very recently showing basically identical posts from at least 3 or 4 different 'people', aliases or whatever that had in/around the SAME amount of likes. Lol!

:blink: Lmao at that Daily Caller article. Okay..I'll sleep a bit better 2nte ;P. Think it was Skin who copied/pasted something here from Facebook very recently showing basically identical posts from at least 3 or 4 different 'people', aliases or whatever that had in/around the SAME amount of likes. Lol!

Yep. So glad I don't have Facebook. Sometimes this thread alone gives me palpitations. Can't even imagine what some of those ridiculous gays I used to have on my friends list have to say about this election :lol: Especially that 1 that dragged me to the Sanders rally earlier this year :vomit:

Girl what??? :lol:

Dukakis had a convention bump in July/August, then was overtaken quite solidly by Bush by September. Actually, same pattern as what is happening now.

September was around 48-41 for Bush.

Um..if I read correctly that 'may' not be a good thing, babe! lol. Esp. the part about being 'overtaken' in September. ;)

:dead::dead: at Jill Stein. Omfg on MSNBC today she reeked from 20 inch nails on the chalkboard attached to a musty looking/smelling, super grating, anal English teacher from Eugene Oregon 'gloating' about the 1% gains she's making by the week and how much momentum is yet to come! lmfao. Out of all the other useless clowns running, the only one wortha shit is Bill Weld. Universally, everyone is like why and how the fuq isn't HE on top of the ticket and that goofy looking Johnson guy the VP lol.

Um..if I read correctly that 'may' not be a good thing, babe! lol. Esp. the part about being 'overtaken' in September. ;)

No, it's a good thing. Just cuz Dukakis was a democrat doesn't mean we have to follow his model against Clinton's. He lost in a landslide after a topsy turvy couple of months polling that later widened into clear defeat.

But like Trump, his convention was before the winner's convention. Bush got the last word. After that, Dukakis never recovered. What we're seeing now is Trump, post convention, bleeding out with his polling numbers. Trump is supposed to have experienced a bounce after the RNC. Where is the bounce? :rotfl:

Clinton's convention was a resounding success, amplified all the more with how horribly it began. By the end, she had solidified her support. Then came Trump, punching himself in the face, sometimes 2 times a day, culminating with the Khan feud. It's done such horrible damage. I invite you to take a look at the details of these polls. He is losing college educated white women in massive numbers. This hasn't ever been lost by a republican... ever. He's losing college ed whites. Again, NEVER HAPPENED.

Polling at 1% with blacks. Polling far worse than Romney with latinos. Losing double digits with women. Losing 18-30 handily. Losing a 2-1 margin on "qualified to be in office" (!!!!!!)

A lot can happen. But the polls that have come out the past week have hit everyone like a ton of bricks. if they keep up, the GOP doesn't just lose the WH. They lose the senate. They lose the house. It's bad.

He'll clean up his act for the next week. But how long will it last?

^Yep, plus (according to Reuters or the like) think Trump is the FIRST candidate ever to be in the red/negative far as people wanting to vote for them AFTER the convention. lol. Well..tomorrow he's unveiling...I mean rambling his 'economic' plan. Plz plz let him get baited, lose it/meltdown again by Thurs at the latest :D !! Loving the whole not a matter of if but when!

Speaking of Bush 1... I think Clinton is going to have a very similar presidency to him if she gets in. Lots of parallels. Both following massive 2-term presidential runs with their party, both inheriting favorable numbers of the incumbent president, both tone-deaf and awkward campaigners, both reaping the benefits of a severely weakened opposing party, equally weak opponent, and favorable economy, etc.

She'll be a 1 term prez if elected. The GOP is at rock bottom, theyre only going up from here.

Def agree. As wretched, creepy and scary as he is, I still say look out for Cruz or the return and reinvention of little bubble boy bitch Marco. Both bat shit crazy we all know but bat shit crazy smart ,ambitious and WANT this friggin gig as bad if not more than Nixon. Similarly, won't stop till he (esp Cruz) gets it. I don't agree w/ most that he's 'done' after trolling and pissing all over the RNC lol. He has everything to gain..and possibly gain big in 2020 if Hillary wins. Unless Hillary is basically a flawless prez. (not happening) the political timing will be absolutely ideal for someone like Cruz (regardless of how far right he is). I loathe him but the wacka-doodle knows what he's doing.

I've been thinking the same thing and I think you're right for the most part. You may be right about the 1 term similarity, but I think it will be different in the sense that she may chose to retire after the 1 term because she'll be 73 in 2020. Who knows, we may find out what would've happened if Bush 1 was a two term president.

Im still just not buying a lot of these polls. I know it's 3 months away but if you go to places like Facebook, Twitter etc etc..there's just this overwhelming, almost insane passion of support for him while next to nothing for Hillary. Look at what happened during the primaries- Drudge (especially) and all the online polls ended up being almost super on point after every debate. Very few comments or just lack of enthusiasm of support for her overall. It's almost painful :/. A good # of the comments on Hillary's OWN pages have comments from Trump trolls w/ most liking/agreeing etc..lol! The guy couldn't possibly fuck up more and more yet he's still only down by 8 points or whatever is not encouraging. This beast should be down by like 20! lol What if he decides to just start acting semi normal and generic the next few months, coasts it and more e-mails leak that are off the chart damaging to her? Just not feeling good vibes about where this is going. Plus, heard on the news his team got the Brexit 'research' masterminds of who/whatever on board now. :/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

Hillary had a few too many....

CpSc3XmWEAQR-TA.jpg

Hillary+Clinton+Campaigns+South+Carolina

This woman is not qualified to be the president of US , she is a dead horse drunky who appears on ridiculous tv shows and SNL pretending to be a lay back girl.

Can you leave anything alone? Stop baiting them and getting entangled in more fights! This thread, this forum, is not here for you guys to personally snipe at each other. I'm tired of these threads getting thrown off course, many forum members reporting these posts, and having to clean up threads because you guys take swipes at each other over and over. Here and other parts of the forum. Yes this has earned you another suspension.

That's fair enough but their constant attacking of people is too much. I think those are the ones that are baiting. You're right though I shouldn't rise to it. Sorry Hec. :kiss2:

Clinton is Madonna co-oping Guy Bourdin, Ingrid Chavez, Lady Miss Kier, Debbie Harry and all the rest.

In other words, WHO CARES IF SKIN WANTS TO COMPARE HER TO MADONNA. :rotfl:

I could compare her to that asshole Maggie Thatcher and some of you would STILL find something to moan about. :lmao:

We get it, she's Lucifer. If you don't like her vote for Trump... or try your luck with that corrupt pig "Dr." Jill Swine. Just be careful donating to her :smug:

:dead: It's strange when people make an ally an enemy for no good reason. I don't get it. :lol:

This woman is not qualified to be the president of US , she is a dead horse drunky who appears on ridiculous tv shows and SNL pretending to be a lay back girl.

What? If somebody drinks alcohol it makes them a bad person. Around 4 billion people on this planet are dicks then.