2016 American Presidential Thread

JR!

This is catastrophic.

In the next few days, we could be looking at Speaker Ryan unendorising. Or McCain. Or Ayotte. Or all of them. Trump just said he isn't endorsing Ryan or McCain. He's GOADING them into an unendorsement.

I hope they fucking do it. Save your party, save your dignity, and do the moral thing.

Maybe he's an undercover democrat, hired to make sure Hilary wins.

People have suggested that. As hilarious as that would be, the reality is far darker and sicker. Trump was born out of a party that has been stoking racism and xenophobia for decades now. The party created their Frankenstein, and now he's running around tearing up the place, and all the landlocked uneducated white men in the country can barely contain their erection for him. Finally, someone is allowing them to be openly racist! This is all the fault of the Republican party who has had no foresight, and has ignored the alarming signs for far too long. They should have known after the Tea Party wave with all of its racial, sexist, and xenophobic overtones that this was going to balloon into something far more sinister. Their refusal and consistent effort to undermine the first black president was eaten up like a spoon by their voters. That's NOT good.

They were warned over and over that someday they were gonna have to pay for the Hate Debt. Now it's too late. Not only did they nominate a bigot, they nominated a really fucking STUPID ONE.

He is purposely sabotaging this campaign. I'm convinced of it.

I actually feel bad for conservatives. They were throughly duped by a con man.

I know it just can't be for real. 😂

Guest Mauro

Whitman created friggin E-bay!! Ran for governor of CA. She's BIG time $$$ and very, very influential donor...for the Rethugs (or was). FULLY supported Romney, Christie etc etc... lmao!! :blink:

She didn't create eBay. But anyway, good for her. I really hope there's a snowball effect.

According to some insiders Trumps campaign staff is in shambles. He has a staff of 70 while Hillary has 700. We will see if Paul Ryan rescinds his endorsement now that Trump stated he would not support Ryan for re-election.

I'm still still still convinced this is basically Trump doing all this then turning round goin "you morons will buy anything"

I hope

Former top Gingrich ally calls Trump nom 'mistake of historic proportions' 30 Mins AgoCNBC.com

Vin Weber, a key early lieutenant in the Newt Gingrich revolution that transformed the U.S. House of Representatives and the GOP, rejected the candidacy of Donald Trump on Wednesday as "a mistake of historic proportions" for his party.

"I won't vote for Trump," said Weber, who represented Minnesota in the House for 12 years beginning in the Reagan era. "I can't imagine I'd remain a Republican if he becomes president."

Now a Washington lobbyist, Weber said he hadn't decided whether he would vote for Hillary Clinton. But he said he had no hope that Trump would change his behavior and become a suitable representative of the Republican Party.

103841547-GettyImages-143639052.530x298.
Joshua Roberts | Bloomberg | Getty Images
Vin Weber

Blasting what he called Trump's "protectionism" on trade, Weber said "the world political order, the world economic order and the Republican Party" would be "all in shambles" if the freshly crowned GOP nominee were to become president. "I think markets would collapse," he said in a telephone interview, adding that turbulence internationally could result in violent conflict.

"I don't know how the Republican Party survives if Trump becomes president," he said.

Weber is a friend and ally of House Speaker Paul Ryan, Republican Party chair Reince Priebus and Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort. He said he sympathizes with Republicans holding public or party offices who feel they cannot distance themselves from Mr. Trump as he and some others, such as former California Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman, have done. But "I would applaud if other Republican leaders reject him."

103841553-GettyImages-501380192.530x298.
Getty Images
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

Weber cautioned, however, that even the patience of Trump loyalists has its limits as the candidate refuses to apologize for criticizing the family of a fallen Muslim soldier or declines to endorse Ryan in his primary election next week.

"I don't believe Paul Manafort will go down with this ship," he said. "He is not the sort to take a bullet for Donald Trump."

Even Trump himself may not have the stomach for continued bad times in his campaign, Weber added. He said he had no inside information to this effect, but speculated that Trump might at some point withdraw from the presidential race before the election.

I for the hell of me do not understand why someone like McCain is such a PUSSY when it comes to denouncing Trump. I mean for Christ sake the man said he isn't a war hero because he was "captured"!!!!!!

McCain is so terrified to lose his seat if he comes out against Trump, but I have to ask the question. At this point WHY THE HELL WOULD HE CARE!!!!!!!???? He is old as dirt and doesn't have that much longer on this planet anyway. He has TONS of money so its not like he even needs to work anymore. Are people this obsessed with having a power position that they will totally sell their dignity just to keep it? For crying out loud. Grow a pair and look like a REAL hero and denounce this lunatic. I know McCain has it in him. I know he would probably love to do it. At this point in his life he literally has NOTHING to lose except the title of being a Senator. Big WHOOP!

McCain would still probably win his seat this November even if he abandoned Trump. Him holding on is almost worse. It'll forever stain what should have been an incredibly impressive legacy.

Very true. Electing and supporting Trump really is an historic mistake. I sure hope these jerks that have sold their communities and their *souls* to try and gain a position in Trump's campaign and perhaps future presidency will be held accountable. Someday.

I'm not an American, but the US presidency is gaining quite the press worldwide.. Much more than the usual dosage.

I'm one of those who look at this election as its between a man who I loathe AND is scaring the shit outta me, and between a woman I've admired for years.. I don't get the Emails scandal (feels more like a witch hunt) and all those #crooked hashtags- personally I think she's GREAT and will make a GREAT president!

"Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't we use them".

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-why-us-cant-use-nukes-msnbcs-joe-scarborough-reports.html

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

Guest Rachelle of London

I have NEVER in my life supported Trump. NEVER. Or any other republican.

This is rich coming from a Margaret Thatcher fan.

I thought you were a trump supporter too. I was so confused a few pages back.

I thought you were a trump supporter too. I was so confused a few pages back.

Why? Am I just supposed to go along with all the baseless scaremongering from both sides? It's one thing to call him out on all of his bullshit, it's another to tell me, oh you're a Mexican, you should be sooooooo offended, when all I said is that Hillary (and her party) has actually done REAL things as Senator and Secretary of State that have REALLY damaged us. Or "OMG LOOK HOW HE TOUCHES HIS DAUGHTER. THEY'RE PROBABLY FUCKING EACH OTHER. INCEST. GROSSSSSS" Yes, let's stoop to their level, that's exactly what this country needs. :rolleyes:

I love how just trying to be a little impartial in all of this and trying to make sense out of all of this gets me labelled a Trump supporter.

Guest Mauro

He would be dropping bombs in America- on the state of a governor that said something about him, on the Washington post building etc.

Trump already said that he would use them in America.

Donald Trump: Sure, I Might Use Nuclear Weapons In Europe. Hell, I Might Use Them In Chicago, Too.

And methhead, shoplifter, Ted Cruz dicksucker, Katrina Pierson said the same thing about nukes. Why this is all such a big deal now, I guess no one was paying attention.

Trump Spox Asks What the Purpose Is of Nuclear Triad ‘If You’re Afraid to Use It’

Why? Am I just supposed to go along with all the baseless scaremongering from both sides? It's one thing to call him out on all of his bullshit, it's another to tell me, oh you're a Mexican, you should be sooooooo offended, when all I said is that Hillary (and her party) has actually done REAL things as Senator and Secretary of State that have REALLY damaged us. Or "OMG LOOK HOW HE TOUCHES HIS DAUGHTER. THEY'RE PROBABLY FUCKING EACH OTHER. INCEST. GROSSSSSS" Yes, let's stoop to their level, that's exactly what this country needs. :rolleyes:

I love how just trying to be a little impartial in all of this and trying to make sense out of all of this gets me labelled a Trump supporter.

I didn't really think about any of that. :confused: It just looked like you were a Trumper but maybe you were just tagging along with Pud at the time.

Guest Mauro

Republican Rebellion Grows As Illinois Congressman Refuses To Support Trump

Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) said of Trump, "I’m an American before I’m a Republican... How can I support that (Trump)?"

Adam-Kinzinger-701x396.png

Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) said of Trump, “I’m an American before I’m a Republican… How can I support that (Trump)?”

Watch CNN’s The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer clip here

“And when I see a frontrunner or actually a nominee now that throws all of these Republican principles on their head, that a president who has almost unchecked power in foreign policy who talks about how great Vladimir Putin is and he doesn’t even know the Russians are in Ukraine, makes fun of the disabled, and the whole litany of things from the Gold Star family and on, for me personally and I’m not trying to say for other people that you can’t, how can I support that,” Kinzinger said earnestly.

“Because he has crossed so many red lines that a Commander in Chief or a candidate for Commander in Chief should never cross. A tough position for me to be in.”

This is called integrity. Kinzinger is not in an endangered seat according to Cook Political Report’s chart and he won his reelection in 2014 62%-38%.

So there doesn’t appear to be a political motive for this call to integrity other than he seems to present himself as a moderate Republican, whatever that means these days. I think it means you’re not crazy, but the grading curve is very steep. Kingzinger is said to have higher aspirations, and if so, he’s playing this right.

But his motives or lack thereof aren’t the issue – this is not an issue of policy but of character and integrity. Even if he’s only doing this for the long haul, it shows good judgment and it’s not easy to do.

This is the kind of Republican the party should be advancing, people who can wrap the message in a palatable exterior. The country would be well served if Kingzinger and his ilk were to take control of the Republican Party.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/08/03/republican-representative-refuses-support-donald-trump-american.html

I think it's safe to say that the months and weeks of discussing Clinton and Trump as equalized opponents are long gone. Trump has stopped running a normal campaign, if he was ever running one to begin with. He's actively antagonizing his own party leaders and having his cronies out there insinuating the Khan family are Al-Qaeda apologists.

No one can look at this presidential race as anything other than a mainstream presidential candidate VS. a mentally unstable D-list celebrity gone crazy. That's not even a biased look. It's based on example after example, fact after fact. Clinton is not just the better candidate, she's practically the ONLY candidate even running a campaign. You can't even talk about Trump as a serious candidate anymore.

The news that came out THIS MORNING about his comments on nuclear weapons basically rests my case. The guy is absolutely unhinged and unwell.

Guest Mauro

And Miss Jill Stein is only on the ballot in 23 states is being written up for making statements like this, and her VP pick is a whack job.

m65zcgpasrs3czj2nik0.jpg
Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate for President, has already said there are “real questions” about whether vaccines cause autism in children. Now a video has surfaced where Stein says that wi-fi in schools might be harming kids.
Stein is really turning out to be the anti-science candidate in this election. And it’s a competitive field, since Trump denies climate change!
We’ve transcribed the portion of the video where they discuss wi-fi and computer screens below. The video appears to date from March of 2016.
Person from crowd: My school district is rapidly moving towards one-to-one computers. Can you speak to the health issues? [inaudible with clapping]
Jill Stein: Wonderful, health issues... social issues... you name it. But to be staring at screens... we already know that kids who get put in front of TVs instead of interacting, this is not good in all kinds of ways. And it’s just not good for their cognitive, it’s not good for their social development, I mean, that is incredible that kids in kindergarten... We should be moving away from screens at all levels of education, not moving into them.
And this is another corporate ruse. This is another gimmick to try to make a buck. To make big bucks in fact. And education, and teachers, and communities suffer. So we need to stand up to that.
Person from crowd: What about the wireless?
Jill Stein: We should not be subjecting kids’ brains especially to that. And we don’t follow that issue in this country, but in Europe where they do, they have good precautions around wireless—maybe not good enough, because it’s very hard to study this stuff. We make guinea pigs out of whole populations and then we discover how many die. And this is like the paradigm for how public health works in this country and it’s outrageous, you know.
To be clear, wi-fi has not been shown to harm humans in any way. Jill Stein is not the protest vote you’re looking for.

Jill fcking Gary Johnson Weld Stein. Waste of goofy, useless flesh in very possible way! lol Many,many 0s at the end of that # for their heads if they pull a Nadar for Hillary.

No one can look at this presidential race as anything other than a mainstream presidential candidate VS. a mentally unstable D-list celebrity gone crazy.

Serious stuff, but this made me laugh out loud!!!

Jill fcking Gary Johnson Weld Stein. Waste of goofy, useless flesh in very possible way! lol Many,many 0s at the end of that # for their heads if they pull a Nadar for Hillary.

Susan Sarandon is voting for her, ain't she? :lol: