Rio 2016 Olympics

mnino

Guest Rachelle of London

omg I didn't know Shelly Ann was so iconic.m4a. She was so nice and supportive when Elaine beat her in the 100m and was hugging her all over the track so I assumed that she wasn't that upset about not getting gold

She's the team mama. If you follow her on social media you'll see how supportive she is. Total class act. She grew up in extreme poverty and is so humble now. AND Beijing Olympics she had HARD CANDY on her Olympic playlist. SLAYYY

The worst part is the booing of the athletes they worked so hard to get there they deserve some respect. It breaks my heart seeing those clips of the athletes being booed.

Ryan Lochte couldn't handle all the press Phelps was getting so he had to do something and now it;s backfiring. His story has changed several times already. lol

Ryan Lochte and three other US Olympic swimmers lied about being robbed at gunpoint to cover up a brawl they had with a gas station security guard, authorities said Thursday.

Brazilian authorities have video of a brouhaha involving American swimmers Ryan Lochte, Jack Conger, Gunnar Bentz and Jimmy Feigen and a rent-a-cop, ABC News correspondent Matt Gutman reported.

At least one of the swimmers can be seen fighting with the security guard and one of the Americans was shown breaking down a bathroom door during the melee, according to ABC.

Conger and Bentz had been set to jet out of Rio de Janeiro airport Wednesday night before they were grounded in Brazil.

Feigen had also been set to fly out Wednesday but didnt show up for his flight.

Lochte had already flown home to the US on Monday, a police spokesman said.

Feigen has been in contact with police and all three men planned to meet with Brazilian law enforcement on Thursday, according to USOC spokesman Patrick Sandusky.

That french athlete crying on the podium for getting booed was heartbreaking, indeed.

He had a cunty attitude but he didn't deserve it. Not after all the work he did to get there.

It was totally unnaceptable.

Ryan Lochte and three other US Olympic swimmers lied about being robbed at gunpoint to cover up a brawl they had with a gas station security guard, authorities said Thursday.

Brazilian authorities have video of a brouhaha involving American swimmers Ryan Lochte, Jack Conger, Gunnar Bentz and Jimmy Feigen and a rent-a-cop, ABC News correspondent Matt Gutman reported.

At least one of the swimmers can be seen fighting with the security guard and one of the Americans was shown breaking down a bathroom door during the melee, according to ABC.

Conger and Bentz had been set to jet out of Rio de Janeiro airport Wednesday night before they were grounded in Brazil.

Feigen had also been set to fly out Wednesday but didnt show up for his flight.

Lochte had already flown home to the US on Monday, a police spokesman said.

Feigen has been in contact with police and all three men planned to meet with Brazilian law enforcement on Thursday, according to USOC spokesman Patrick Sandusky.

This is causing a huge uproar in Brazil. The people are outraged that those swimmers lied and Lochte ran away, even giving interviews for the american media, basically laughing at the Olyimpic host nation. At least the two remaining swimmers are unable to leave the country. Now is up to the brazillian justice to apply the law for false report of a crime.

That french athlete crying on the podium for getting booed was heartbreaking, indeed.

He had a cunty attitude but he didn't deserve it. Not after all the work he did to get there.

I totally agree. It was awful.

I read that the booing is a cultural thing and Brazilians do it all the time. Any Brazilians here can confirm that? And if someone they were doing does badly and picks themselves up, they cheer instead.

As for Lochte, I would be surprised if this gets hushed up pretty quickly with some backhanders.

This is causing a huge uproar in Brazil. The people are outraged that those swimmers lied and Lochte ran away, even giving interviews for the american media, basically laughing at the Olyimpic host nation. At least the two remaining swimmers are unable to leave the country. Now is up to the brazillian justice to apply the law for false report of a crime.

Well I hope the country is equally outraged that hotels workers falsely accused of rape to some athletes. Thank God they had already spoke with the police and the women were fired.

The Iranian disqualification in weightlifting after he broke the world record, just be some obscure excuse by a Iraqi judge is one of the most embarrassing things ever. The man was so hurt and felt so impotent that he left crying.

They just posted the video at the gaz station where we can see everything.

The Iranian disqualification in weightlifting after he broke the world record, just be some obscure excuse by a Iraqi judge is one of the most embarrassing things ever. The man was so hurt and felt so impotent that he left crying.

This is the problem. Judges shall be independent. There is even an oath they swear during the opening ceremony. But the reality is a whole different story. And I see this as a responsibility of the IOC to make sure that that those questionable decisions do not happen simply by making sure that there is no judge ruling over a sportsmen from a country that is in political opposition to the country of the judge. I bet they are judges from other countries available.

Of course, until 25 years ago this was rather the norm in sports that have to deal subjective evaluations. But I think the number of judges from the Eastern bloc and the Western bloc on a panel was split 50/50 with a number of independents thrown in to make the difference. Much of it was a give and take relationship.

They just posted the video at the gaz station where we can see everything.

Just been on the BBC too showing CCTV of them returning back to the compound with supposedly some of their possessions.

Big oops!

I read that the booing is a cultural thing and Brazilians do it all the time. Any Brazilians here can confirm that? And if someone they were doing does badly and picks themselves up, they cheer instead.

I can confirm that is true. Brazilians in general think that every sport is a football game. Sadly most of the uneducated people here don't understant what Olympics is all about. This is definitely a cultural problem that should be addressed. Its a shame.

She's the team mama. If you follow her on social media you'll see how supportive she is. Total class act. She grew up in extreme poverty and is so humble now. AND Beijing Olympics she had HARD CANDY on her Olympic playlist. SLAYYY

omg wow I'm gonna start stanning for her and Elaine

Are you talking about Renaud _________ the pole vaulter? He was complaining that it was some racial thing afterwards and compared it to Jesse Owens at the Berlin games. I think he was mostly just butthurt that the young cute Thiago Braz da Silva slayed him

wow I watched this live and had no idea? I feel like so many of Rio's scandals have gone under reported

In other news the decathlon athlete Kevin Mayer is so h*t?

carr_4465.jpg

Are you talking about Renaud _________ the pole vaulter? He was complaining that it was some racial thing afterwards and compared it to Jesse Owens at the Berlin games. I think he was mostly just butthurt that the young cute Thiago Braz da Silva slayed him

Yeah I'm talking about him. The crowd booed him and he started to cry. It was terrible no matter how dumb he was before.

omg I can't wait for the video lol. Poor Lochte. He didn't even win an individual medal this time around

In other news the president of the International Gymnastics Federation said that the Chinese and Japanese gymnasts are like robots, and that the Japanese are doing well cuz they've ditched their Eastern style choreography for westernized ones that have more harmony and creativity

also I've been wondering how North Korean athletes are allowed to compete? Why would they let their athletes see how (relatively) fab things are outside their homeland

Guest Rachelle of London

Women's 4x100 relay. Well done USA. Great run! Well done Team GB for coming bronze. Gutted Jamaica never got gold but silver is great nonetheless

Women's 4x100 relay. Well done USA. Great run! Well done Team GB for coming bronze. Gutted Jamaica never got gold but silver is great nonetheless

YASSSSSSSSSSSSS

TRIPLE! Yasssssss BOLT

His last Olympic race ever! YASSSSAA

I'm so happy for them. I wanted Jamaica to win the gold but the Americans were way ahead of everyone

also I'm glad the Americans got disqualified in the mens relay lol

I'm so happy for them. I wanted Jamaica to win the gold but the Americans were way ahead of everyone

also I'm glad the Americans got disqualified in the mens relay lol

Jealousy isn't a good look, lol.