Rio 2016 Olympics

mnino

Guest Rachelle of London

why did you not take part ??

Imagining Chelle as british Simone Biles or as a swimmmer at London olympics <3

I was under 16s Middlesex hurdle champion 💅🏿

But I chose academia to conquer the world.

I went school with Perri shakes Drayton, she's always injured but she loves Madonna so...

Guest Rachelle of London

Those are the direct results of the London Games 4 years ago. All of a sudden the governments pumps huge amounts of money into sports and supports sportsmen immensely to make a good impression as host nation. The developments made during this period is continuing for a few more years because the groundwork is laid. Just look back to the games in recent years. Australia became big, China and Great Britain.

Haha I didn't see your post. I've echoed everything you've just said. Brazil athletes will dominate next only pics

Those are the direct results of the London Games 4 years ago. All of a sudden the governments pumps huge amounts of money into sports and supports sportsmen immensely to make a good impression as host nation. The developments made during this period is continuing for a few more years because the groundwork is laid. Just look back to the games in recent years. Australia became big, China and Great Britain.

That's true of course but considering our humble population we always do quite well in world sport.

omfg pole vaulting gave me so much anxiety!!!@dfjdfds I'm so happy for my new bae Thiago!!!!!! Jumping to a height you've never reached + breaking the Olympic record + slaying the stupid French champ and doing it in front of his home crowd. The French person Renaud was so salty afterwards

also how was Shaunae Miller allowed to dive to the womens 400m finish line?

I was reading that it was all to do with the National Lottery launch in the 90s as that has pumped a lot of money into sports - today's champions will have been spotted at an early age. It's amazing how we're doing. Mind you, the Australian team always do well and they have a tiny population compared to us.

I love watching the random sports like trampolining, fencing, wrestling (although they played Gaga), diving etc. I don't football, rugby, golf etc should be in the Olympics.

Simone Biles seemed lovely but I was pleased for the Dutch girl. The little Brazilian girl was so cute though.

Have you seen the way the synchronised swimmers approach the pool? It's hilarious. If someone can get a gif of those that would be ace.

Have you seen this to? Very funny

omfg pole vaulting gave me so much anxiety!!!@dfjdfds I'm so happy for my new bae Thiago!!!!!! Jumping to a height you've never reached + breaking the Olympic record + slaying the stupid French champ and doing it in front of his home crowd. The French person Renaud was so salty afterwards

i'm wondering that too

I screamed of joy in my living room yesterday night, :lol:

And the brasilian guy was so cute, a real hottie, :laugh:

Congratulations to the winner and reaching and new personal best. BUT the home crowd is starting to turn into a bunch of disrespectful assholes. And you wonder why the French was not happy because of the way he was treated by the Brazilian fans? And it's not the first time this has happened. During several competitions those fans scream down other countries sportsmen and women. Really disrespectful and a huge shame.

Congratulations to the winner and reaching and new personal best. BUT the home crowd is starting to turn into a bunch of disrespectful assholes. And you wonder why the French was not happy because of the way he was treated by the Brazilian fans? And it's not the first time this has happened. During several competitions those fans scream down other countries sportsmen and women. Really disrespectful and a huge shame.

It's true but it would probably have been the same the other way around.

That french guy was very good and deserved to win, to be honest. But he had such an attitude throughout the competition, it was unbearable to watch.

It's true but it would probably have been the same the other way around.

That french guy was very good and deserved to win, to be honest. But he had such an attitude throughout the competition, it was unbearable to watch.

Ya the Brazilians have been booing everyone but Renaud was acting so arrogant throughout. He even said that it was comparable to Jesse Owens at the Berlin games :manson: I'm pretty sure they were cheering him during his attempt though

Queen Simone won another gold!! And Aly another silver!!!! Also I'm very happy about Oleg Verniaiev's gold medal even though he flopped in his second event

Ya the Brazilians have been booing everyone but Renaud was acting so arrogant throughout. He even said that it was comparable to Jesse Owens at the Berlin games :manson: I'm pretty sure they were cheering him during his attempt though

Queen Simone won another gold!! And Aly another silver!!!! Also I'm very happy about Oleg Verniaiev's gold medal even though he flopped in his second event

I only watched the rings and the crowd didn't boo anyone even though the brazilian was one of the favourites

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/rio-2016/a/3234...-scandal/#page1

Olympic synchronized diver Giovanna Pedroso has accused Olympic canoeist Pedro da Silva (Pedro Goncalves) of having "marathon sex" with her roommate & diving partner Ingrid Oliveira.

Giovanna was angry that she was forced to spend the whole night before her event wandering around outside her room while Ingrid had sex with Pedro. The women came in dead last in their 10-meter synchronized event, and have now split up as a duo.

“I have been waiting for four years to be present at the Olympics,” she raged to Brazil’s O Globo newspaper. “And for her it was better to have fun and therefore threw me out of the room.”

W07AI4p.jpg

Police in Brazil have arrested the head of the European Olympic Committees, Irishman Patrick Hickey, in Rio over illegal Olympic ticket sales.

Mr Hickey, 71, is suspected of illegally passing on tickets for the Games to be sold on at extortionate prices, Brazilian media report.

Mr Hickey was taken ill and is currently being treated in hospital.

Police say the suspect, who also heads the Olympic Council of Ireland (OCI), tried to escape when they came for him.

This world is totally corrupted.

And than you ask the athletes not to dope themselves ?

Ridiculous.

This world is totally corrupted.

And than you ask the athletes not to dope themselves ?

Ridiculous.

Oh gosh -_- aka Russia's women's relay team from 2008 have been stripped of their medals

Apparently they've also been using Paraolympics money to fund the Olympics

Wow but I'm not surprised tbh. I think something similar has been happening in gymnastics. Not with the American girls as they deserve all their medals, but I feel like so many other countries are being marked way too low

Guest Rachelle of London

Yup. He's managed to get back to the USA but they've held US athletes for further questioning. They were frogmarched off their flight

I wonder what's gonna happen. A lot of people are saying he lied cuz they were at a brothel lmao

Meanwhile I love Elaine Thompson who won the 100m and 200m this week? She's so pretty and wore a cute choker and boho headband during her race today. I also love her teammate/friend Shelly Ann Fraser Price who ran in a cool wig

Guest Rachelle of London

I adore Elaine Thompson. Gutted for SFP for not getting her triple. Shelley Ann is a lovely girl and does so much for Jamaica. She's renowned for her hair styles. She has her own salon in Kingston. Nigerias Blessing Okagbare had a purple wig on too. She's had a bad Olympic Games this time around.

I adore Elaine Thompson. Gutted for SFP for not getting her triple. Shelley Ann is a lovely girl and does so much for Jamaica. She's renowned for her hair styles. She has her own salon in Kingston. Nigerias Blessing Okagbare had a purple wig on too. She's had a bad Olympic Games this time around.

omg I didn't know Shelly Ann was so iconic.m4a. She was so nice and supportive when Elaine beat her in the 100m and was hugging her all over the track so I assumed that she wasn't that upset about not getting gold