Rio 2016 Olympics

mnino

Did we all see the poor French gymnast break his leg?

Yes, we were watching live and we suddenly realised his leg was pointing in the wrong direction! :sick:

The BBC suddenly switched to another gymnast and didn't even mention it - so British!

It was only when he was on the stretcher they went back to him.

And we won our first gold for swimming. Yay! :headbang:

They have just shown the accident of the French gymnast again. Not a nice sight. Makes me feel nauseous immediately.

BTW did you see the German gymnast who landed awkwardly during the floor exercise of the men’s teams event, tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee? Then getting his knee taped and completing his set on the pommel horse just to make sure the team makes it to the finals. That's Olympic spirit . The pain must have been horrible and to do that he must have had an adrenalin rush of epic proportions.

Ledecky is a real force of....."nature" making race after race and always winning by miles and always with great times, even versus women that make only one competition and being able, first in history, to be a great sprinter and a great long distance swimmer......

Ledecky is a real force of....."nature" making race after race and always winning by miles and always with great times, even versus women that make only one competition and being able, first in history, to be a great sprinter and a great long distance swimmer......

She is INSANE. The other swimmers were still trying to finish when she was already celebrating her win :cool:

Tom Daley did better than I expected today

She is INSANE. The other swimmers were still trying to finish when she was already celebrating her win :cool:

Is there any whiff of drugs about her or is it natural ability.

Yay for Tom and partner but poor old uk gymnasts. Louis Smith and his man bun had a bad one.

Is there any whiff of drugs about her or is it natural ability.

Yay for Tom and partner but poor old uk gymnasts. Louis Smith and his man bun had a bad one.

Literally everyone on social media has been wondering if she's been doping but no real reports about it yet. Some are calling it sexism. She really was unbelievably fast though

poor gymnasts!! Some of the American girl gymnasts haven't been performing up to their expectations as well

I hope the swimmer from the refugee team wins something. She won the butterfly heat 2 days ago

..i was shading...

The whole American team slayed so hard. And I love how they all seem like such good friends. They kinda remind me of "Fifth Harmony" though

Also I feel bad about how a lot of people have been attacking the Chinese gymnast Shang Chunsong for looking younger than 20

the us gym team is out of this world. they never make a mistake, well deserved

the problem with chines gymnasts is that some of them should be 16/18 but look like no more the 12, to be generous...and considering china habits....

the problem with chines gymnasts is that some of them should be 16/18 but look like no more the 12, to be generous...and considering china habits....

I know but this one girl I mentioned was severely malnourished as a child and grew up in poverty so her growth was stunted. They said she still gets sick really easily cuz of her childhood. She's had a fever all throughout Rio

And she qualified for the London Olympics when she was 16 so saying that she's lyin bout her age makes no sense when you have the facts

I know but this one girl I mentioned was severely malnourished as a child and grew up in poverty so her growth was stunted. They said she still gets sick really easily cuz of her childhood. She's had a fever all throughout Rio

And she qualified for the London Olympics when she was 16 so saying that she's lyin bout her age makes no sense when you have the facts

oh poor girl, didn't know about her, thanks

in other news the male final has been nothing less than stellar and thrilling, the best ever

Uchimura totally deserved (but i would have really enjoyed Verniaev win...)