Rio 2016 Olympics

mnino

I'm looking forward to it. I hope it all goes well and there aren't too many problems with the water and Zika etc.

I love the Summer Olympics because I used to run track and field. I also love the gymnastics and swimming.

And of course I hope Serena Williams can win another gold in tennis and a gold in doubles with Venus!

And of course I hope Serena Williams can win another gold in tennis and a gold in doubles with Venus!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

So disappointing the number of men and women tennis players who have pulled out of Rio. So glad we still have Serena and Venus to represent our country. And Madison Keys, of course. Another young American.

oh ya :lmao:

I was in Beijing 2 years after the Olympics there and the Birds Nest stadium where they had the opening ceremony looked a mess. It literally looked like an abandoned building from decades ago. It was filthy and the inside looked like it was about to collapse. And there were little children pissing and sh-tting all over it. Like I saw kids going up to it to piss or literally squatting on it. Aka in Beijing it's common for kids to do that and they have a hole in the butt of their pants/onesies for easy access. I saw a kid squatting to sh-t next to a meat stand @ the night market lol

WTF

enhanced-12579-1417720820-2.jpg

:dead:

EVERYONE who goes to China always tells me about this :dead:

Oh, my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee

And I detest all my sins Because I dread the loss of heaven, and the pains of hell.

Guest Mauro
Rio security guard ‘raped firefighter’ inside Olympic Park
A Rio security guard has been arrested after allegedly raping a firefighter as she slept in the Olympic Park just days before the opening ceremony.

The woman, described as a civilian firefighter in the local media, had been sleeping in temporary accommodation in the velodrome, which will host its first race in less than two weeks.

However, a spokesman for Rio 2016 has distanced itself from the incident.

The spokesman told UOL: 'The Committee rejects any violence and disrespect. The case was registered in police station to which, if proven, appropriate penalties in accordance with Brazilian laws are applied.

'The Committee notes that all outsourced employees are instructed to follow the code of conduct Rio 2016, which preaches a professional conduct.'

Police officers and firefighters have also taken to the streets ahead of the Games to protest after not being paid properly, claiming the city will not be safe during the two-week competition.

Guest Mauro
Rio swimmers warned to keep their mouth shut while swimming
Swimmers need to ingest only 3 teaspoons of water to be almost certain of contracting a virus
Just days ahead of the Olympic Games the waterways of Rio de Janeiro are as filthy as ever, contaminated with raw human sewage teeming with dangerous viruses and bacteria, according to a 16-month-long study commissioned by the Associated Press.
The first results of the study published over a year ago showed viral levels at up to 1.7 million times what would be considered worrisome in the United States or Europe. At those concentrations, swimmers and athletes who ingest just three teaspoons of water are almost certain to be infected with viruses that can cause stomach and respiratory illnesses and, more rarely, heart and brain inflammation – although whether they actually fall ill depends on a series of factors including the strength of the individual's immune system.
Along with the bodies of water to be used in Olympic events by about 1,400 athletes, the two best-known beaches in Rio, Ipanema and Copacabana, are also overrun with viruses. Rio officials are expecting hundreds of thousands of tourists and fans to flood its city, meaning many (especially children) could get sick swimming.

Olympic sailors and rowers have tried to take precautions ahead of Rio, reportedly dousing oars in bleach, testing better suits, and taking antibiotics. For the open-water swimmers and triathletes, however, there's little to do but swim through it and hope not to get too much in their mouths.

rio-port4-ap.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/rio-2016-water-pollution-virus-risk-danger-swimming-sailing-rowing-chance-of-infection-almost-a7165866.html#gallery

There is always a 'will they won't they' about the host city but Rio's mess is definitely epic!

I can't think of anything as bad in recent times... Greece perhaps?

Wasn't Sochi almost as bad? I mean they didn't have disgusting waters but they had ski slopes with no snow

I'm so excited for the opening ceremony. Omg I just saw this :lmao: :lmao:

Supermodel Gisele Bundchen will put her acting skills to the test as she will be mugged in an elaboroate scene in the Olympics opening ceremony in a brutally honest reflection on life Rio de Janeiro, it has been reported.

The surprising scene, which is expected to be watched by an estimated 900 million viewers on Friday night, were revealed on social networking sites by spectators who watched a full dress rehearsal yesterday.

I hope Queen Valezca Popozuda opens the olympics

beijinho-valesca-popozuda-gif-bcq.gif

What is a Popozuda?

tumblr_inline_mojgehhYDL1qdlkgg.gif

Wasn't Sochi almost as bad? I mean they didn't have disgusting waters but they had ski slopes with no snow

I'm so excited for the opening ceremony. Omg I just saw this :lmao: :lmao:

Supermodel Gisele Bundchen will put her acting skills to the test as she will be mugged in an elaboroate scene in the Olympics opening ceremony in a brutally honest reflection on life Rio de Janeiro, it has been reported.

The surprising scene, which is expected to be watched by an estimated 900 million viewers on Friday night, were revealed on social networking sites by spectators who watched a full dress rehearsal yesterday.

OH - KAY...

6a00d83451b8c369e2014e8887d3a6970d.gif

I have a question. It's winter in Rio. This really confuses me.

That's not a question. But I'm confused.

It's the Winter & Summer Olympic! For the first time ever, they're combining them! Yay.

That's totally a lie.

Top 10 tennis player Svetlana Kuznetsova not pleased

https://twitter.com/AnnaK_4ever/status/760572098163146752

Kuznetsova: Rio tennis site is a "real mess", a lot of courts are unfinished, "dusty and mucky", players get only 45 mins a day for practice

https://twitter.com/AnnaK_4ever/status/760574651361878017

Kuznetsova: some of the furniture items in Olympic village rooms "cannot be found even at IKEA"

not ikea :lmao:

BTW, is anyone streaming the Opening Ceremony live? I really don't want to sit through NBC's coverage with its one hour delay and infinite commercials? How can you stream the Brazilian/Spanish/Australian/British coverage?

Any help me would be very appreciated.

original.gif