Rio 2016 Olympics

mnino

So, despite Zika, polluted water, violence, poorly constructed Olympic village, etc... who is looking forward to the party the Brazilians are going to throw??

And how can we stream the opening ceremony live (since NBC will delay its broadcast)?

But this always happens before the Olympics? Beijing had the smog and human rights, Sochi had the ski slopes with no snow and anti gay protestors and no electricity etc....it always turns out fine

I'm not that into sports but I L.U.V. the Olympics. When Michael Phelps won his 8th gold medal I painted my room blue in honour of the waters he swam in lol

I've not heard anything about the Zika virus for weeks and weeks. Is the hope that people have just forgotten it..?

But this always happens before the Olympics? Beijing had the smog and human rights, Sochi had the ski slopes with no snow and anti gay protestors and no electricity etc....it always turns out fine

I'm not that into sports but I L.U.V. the Olympics. When Michael Phelps won his 8th gold medal I painted my room blue in honour of the waters he swam in lol

What-GIF.gif?gs=a

:dead:

Guest Rachelle of London

Remember when one of the Athens stadium wasn't even finished and they were building it during the races :dead:

fine? smog and absence of human rights didn't disappeared neither during nor after beijing, in sochi hal the russian team was doped with the assistance of secret services....

....and don't even get me started about the likes of phelps and ledecky.... :chuckle:

Remember when one of the Athens stadium wasn't even finished and they were building it during the races :dead:

oh ya :lmao:

I was in Beijing 2 years after the Olympics there and the Birds Nest stadium where they had the opening ceremony looked a mess. It literally looked like an abandoned building from decades ago. It was filthy and the inside looked like it was about to collapse. And there were little children pissing and sh-tting all over it. Like I saw kids going up to it to piss or literally squatting on it. Aka in Beijing it's common for kids to do that and they have a hole in the butt of their pants/onesies for easy access. I saw a kid squatting to sh-t next to a meat stand @ the night market lol

fine? smog and absence of human rights didn't disappeared neither during nor after beijing, in sochi hal the russian team was doped with the assistance of secret services....

....and don't even get me started about the likes of phelps and ledecky.... :chuckle:

I know lol I just meant that they weren't disruptions to the games aka they hid these problems well lol

I've not heard anything about the Zika virus for weeks and weeks. Is the hope that people have just forgotten it..?

The first zika birth has just occurred in Europe with a baby born in Spain. It's been an ongoing story but there's been so much terrorism it's kind of been overshadowed.

Also, the Australian team have just walked out of their accommodation saying it's unfit to stay in.

However, these stories happen every Olympics. It was exactly the same for the London ones right up to the start then it turned into a massive success.

I think once they start, the press will be more positive. Can't wait to see the opening.

I was in Beijing 2 years after the Olympics there and the Birds Nest stadium where they had the opening ceremony looked a mess. It literally looked like an abandoned building from decades ago. It was filthy and the inside looked like it was about to collapse. And there were little children pissing and sh-tting all over it. Like I saw kids going up to it to piss or literally squatting on it. Aka in Beijing it's common for kids to do that and they have a hole in the butt of their pants/onesies for easy access. I saw a kid squatting to sh-t next to a meat stand @ the night market lol

enhanced-12579-1417720820-2.jpg

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh my

:dead:

I'm looking forward to the Olympics, can't wait. Gymnastics is my favorite. Ice skating for the winter ones, though those are everybody's faves in America.

EVERYONE who goes to China always tells me about this :dead:

I have a question. It's winter in Rio. This really confuses me.

That's not a question. But I'm confused.

Good point. But the weather is warm enough for summer sports. It says high of 71F tomorrow.

The first zika birth has just occurred in Europe with a baby born in Spain. It's been an ongoing story but there's been so much terrorism it's kind of been overshadowed.

Also, the Australian team have just walked out of their accommodation saying it's unfit to stay in.

However, these stories happen every Olympics. It was exactly the same for the London ones right up to the start then it turned into a massive success.

I think once they start, the press will be more positive. Can't wait to see the opening.

Australians are a bunch of whingers but the lady responsible for their accommodation said to appease them she would put kangaroos in the building :) they should just call these the gaga games.