Priest and 4-6 hostages taken in Northern France

Guest Mauro

So you think wahabism and salafism should be embraced??????? Read up on them.

There are lots of good and sensible muslims but we have to be blind not to see the pattern: radicalisation happens in the muslim community and the atrocities are connected to islam and are done in the name of "Allah". Its absurd to deny it. There is a problem with radical islam and it should be banned within Europe. All Saudi donations should be banned too.

Comparing islamic terrorism and islamists killing ppl in the name of Allah (which happens nowadays daily) with few nut cases that thankfully act once in 20 years is not logical. Karby, you know I love u, but u obviously see the world with pink glasses. I don't agree with u that we have to accept islamic terrorism and not do anything about it.

I'm not looking though pink glasses but maybe you are looking reality through the eyes from a country that never had immigrants.

What really irks me is that most of these people were CRAZY people. But we judge their origins and never look at our own blame.

They really must be crazy to do this stuff, I agree, but what exactly are we to 'blamed' for?

Guest Rachelle of London

What more can society do though? How is society to blame for these people carrying out these terrible acts? How many more people have to die before these terrorists have to be accountable for their own actions? If I went out and killed someone I would be blamed. Not how society let me down.

The Oslo crazy man was norwegian. The Paris and Brusells terrorists were French and Belgian. The shooter in Munich was born in Germany. Yesterday some crazy man born in Japan killed 50 in Japan.

And we talk about bordiers and blaming immigrants.

But.. if we dig a bit deeper, we find that many of these crazy people descend from immigrant and had lots of problems of bullying because of their religion or their race. The German from Munich wasn't secure about his nationality even though he was born in Germany! How is that???

So... which society is really to blame?

Just because you're bullied doesn't give ANYONE the excuse to murder.

I can't believe I have to type something so basic.

Shame on you and you really should consider deleting that comment because if I worked in Homeland Security, I'd like to have a word with you.

What more can society do though? How is society to blame for these people carrying out these terrible acts? How many more people have to die before these terrorists have to be accountable for their own actions? If I went out and killed someone I would be blamed. Not how society let me down.

THIS.

Shame on you and you really should consider deleting that comment because if I worked in Homeland Security, I'd like to have a word with you.

Errrr are you implying that I support those killers? Because if you do please block me forever.

What a ridiculous answer.

Oh what the heck your answer was so stupid and incredibly annoying that I will block you because to be fair after this I dont want to know your opinion about anything.

So in case I didn't explain myself properly I do think that those people are scum. (yes it's sad that with some people here I have to explain this hahahaha)

Secondly being bullied doesn't give you the right to shoot people (yes some think that I think that).

And thirdly, we are getting more and more shortsighted and we pray for fast blames and fast solutions. That's what parties like Le Penn are nurturing.

I guess this issue is very complicated to be expressed in another language different than mine and it's prone to lots of SJF reactions.

They are to blame too. In full justice. But if we want a future better place we have to change many things about us too, from the foreign policies to the immigrants treatment. That's what I wanted to say.

I guess I didn't elaborate much. I was at work and couldn't write much more. As i said, I consider this a very complex issue.

No need to block me so fast, a lot gets lost in translation especially when arguing political stuff. And had I known English is not your first language, well, idk. You seemed to say pretty clearly that these killers nowadays may not be to blame.

Whatever. Keep me blocked.

I know you're joking, but no one wants that.

no im serious Saudi Arabia is responsible of all evil in the Middle East and their shit started to spread in Europe.

Guest Rachelle of London

But what has Germany done that's so bad to immigrants? They've taken in over 1 million migrants in the past year alone. The train axeman was in foster care in Germany therefore he was benefiting from the German system in some way. I really don't think it has much to do with how immigrants are treated. That's an excuse. I think these are just incredibly brainwashed people.

giphy.gif

Yeah, no kidding. Many countries have immigrants but when said immigrants start perpetrating mass murder on a regular basis, you'd better recognize that there IS a problem instead of this constant burying head in the sand. I can't even believe this needs to be said.

:clap:

Society has been good to these people, people around the world are not desperate to live in Europe and UK because society treats them bad, let's be real. Yes mental health awareness needs to be better, but other than that life is pretty sweet for many here. People are able to come to European countries and continue their personal lifestyles, they have the freedom to be who they wish, we even have Sharia Courts here in the UK. It's not that open and free in other societies, usually when in Rome you do as the Romans do, but for Europe that is no longer the case in this modern age. These attacks occur all the time all over the world... these fundamentalists are the ones with the problem, not everyone else.

On the news I saw this woman saying that these guys were able to send the video of the murder to ISIS's propaganda news channel almost instantly, so they must have had pretty good connections to the Islamic state, as she said it's not that easy to get into contact so quickly. The church was also on a hit list by ISIS.

Isis claims responsibility for everything. Even if there was an incident like a bank robbery or something they will just claim responsibility to make themselves look powerful. They probably have no involvement in half the things they claimed to be in. Shame about the priest though.

Open your eyes. It's an attack on a CHURCH in FRANCE. Far from a coincidence. Are people now so desperate to be PC that they choose to ignore this blatant reality? We are already at war whether we like it or not and it has to end.

Open your eyes. It's an attack on a CHURCH in FRANCE. Far from a coincidence. Are people now so desperate to be PC that they choose to ignore this blatant reality? We are already at war whether we like it or not and it has to end.

Not just necessarily talking about this one.

For the first time in a while, we are in agreement.

i'm working right now on a long article about the consequences for European society after this horrific year. The main issue from psychiatrics is that there's being what is called the 'Werther effect', name given to the syndrom of copying behaviours. People who weren't even religious are beign radicalised and now decide to go and kill as much people as possible. It's the same as happens with suicide and in part is due to the overexposition and overinformation. Police is continually asking people not to post images from these tragedies in social nets.

So glad you are working on a "long article."

Please do inform us when your article is written.

I can't wait to analyze it. Make it good.

I'm sure Europeans are at fault somehow.

Oh the article is about the psychological process that lone wolves go through and the results that this violent wave has in European society. Is made with three psychiatrists and one sociologist.

But it's not about the radicalisation of Islam per Se or the foreign policy. I have already done that in other times

Guest Rachelle of London

A church in France that is the hometown of President Hollande.

Guest Rachelle of London

By the way what an ugly thread and how sad is Internet becoming. Some answers here are typical of those Street Justice Fighters who twist all words just to prove God knows what point.

I completely disagree. This will be an ugly thread. People have been killed. We're not discussing the choice of MDNA singles. This is real life. Everyday Europeans should not have to live in fear because a few people want to terrorise communities. How many more people will have to die? How many more 85 year old priests have to be beheaded?

Guest Rachelle of London

Society has been good to these people, people around the world are not desperate to live in Europe and UK because society treats them bad, let's be real. Yes mental health awareness needs to be better, but other than that life is pretty sweet for many here. People are able to come to European countries and continue their personal lifestyles, they have the freedom to be who they wish, we even have Sharia Courts here in the UK. It's not that open and free in other societies, usually when in Rome you do as the Romans do, but for Europe that is no longer the case in this modern age. These attacks occur all the time all over the world... these fundamentalists are the ones with the problem, not everyone else.

On the news I saw this woman saying that these guys were able to send the video of the murder to ISIS's propaganda news channel almost instantly, so they must have had pretty good connections to the Islamic state, as she said it's not that easy to get into contact so quickly. The church was also on a hit list by ISIS.

Exactly.

I completely disagree. This will be an ugly thread. People have been killed. We're not discussing the choice of MDNA singles. This is real life. Everyday Europeans should not have to live in fear because a few people want to terrorise communities. How many more people will have to die? How many more 85 year old priests have to be beheaded?

See what I mean?

What do you really want? Yes, this man was beheaded. What should we do then. Mess our hairs and scream? Despair? Shout out loud that we are at war?

When people try a more distant approach and try to understand cause and effect and to glimpse what may happen in the months to come is not because they don't care. And if people don't agree with those ideas given, they can give OTHER point of views or ideas. Precisely because this is not the MDNA thread.