2016 American Presidential Thread

You don't live in the country you have anything to worry about.

I'm sorry, but I live in Mexico. We have everything at stake, too. That's why I said I hope Hillary wins. I really do.

Oh, and yes, Trump doesn't have a fucking clue about politics. And it's painfully obvious he doesn't even know what the POTUS's role is or what he or she can actually do.

I wonder what would happen (if he were to win) the day he finds out it's mostly just an incredibly stressful full time government job. :lmao:

Oh, and yes, Trump doesn't have a fucking clue about politics. And it's painfully obvious he doesn't even know what the POTUS's role is or what he or she can actually do.

I wonder what would happen (if he were to win) the day he finds out it's mostly just an incredibly stressful full time government job. :lmao:

He'll hand it over to Mike Pence.

I'm sorry, but I live in Mexico. We have everything at stake, too. That's why I said I hope Hillary wins. I really do.

What could a US president do to Mexico? Latinos make up the majority population of California. And despite white supremacy's best efforts to keep you guys down they still deeply lust after you. Saying to themselves last night I dreamt of San Pedro.

I dont wanna go back and forth on this cuz it's exhausting lol - but I know you want Trump to lose. Like I said in another post, I know you have a BRAIN.

I just don't understand why there has to be a constant equalizing of his conduct to Clinton. I'm not trying to be a Chicken Little here. When Romney was running in 2012 I of course wanted him to lose, but I knew that if he won, life would go on.

We saw what happened when someone with exemplary political talent, mediocre intelligence, and rampant gullibility ran for office, hired a cabinet of cronies, and won. That president managed to drag us into a phoney war, neglect a natural disaster, and drive us into economic ruin. And that was just with someone subpar. What could someone who is completely unhinged do?

I really don't wanna find out and I really don't wanna dismiss him as here today, gone tomorrow. I just don't.

What could a US president do to Mexico? Latinos make up the majority population of California. And despite white supremacy's best efforts to keep you guys down they still deeply lust after you. Saying to themselves last night I dreamt of San Pedro.

Mexico and the US are HUGE trade partners.

us_2.png

Mexico's economy depends on the US economy. A recession in the US is a recession in Mexico. A healthy US economy is a healthy economy in Mexico. Etc., etc.

The war on drugs. Gun control. The oil industry. All of this affects Mexico. If you think Saudi Arabia is THAT important to you, check this out:

http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=727&t=6

You buy nearly as much oil from Mexico's state owned oil company than you do from Saudi Arabia's state owned oil company.

It's amazing how Mexican - U.S. relations have been reduced to illegal immigration by the media, which, btw, more Mexicans are returning to Mexico than going to the U.S. Most of the brown immigrants entering the US today are from Central America, and Mexico's army is cracking down on them in horrible ways (as per U.S. instructions).

In a nutshell: alot.

Mexico takes in about $2 billion a month in remittances (Money transfers).

The Bank of Mexico tracks how much the country receives in remittances on a monthly basis. In 2015, Mexico took in nearly $25 billion in total, including from countries besides the United States. But most of it was from the United States. (According to Pew Research, 98 percent of the remittances received in 2012 were from the U.S.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/04/05/the-numbers-behind-donald-trumps-threat-to-block-money-from-being-sent-back-to-mexico/

Donald Trump has said he would stop cash sent home by Mexicans based in the US, until the country pays for a border wall.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-35971035

We saw what happened when someone with exemplary political talent, mediocre intelligence, and rampant gullibility ran for office, hired a cabinet of cronies, and won. That president managed to drag us into a phoney war, neglect a natural disaster, and drive us into economic ruin. And that was just with someone subpar. What could someone who is completely unhinged do?

We're going to start going back and forth, but did you forget that we, together with our pals the brits, bombed Iraq in 1998 under Bill Clinton and also under wishy washy pretences?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Iraq_(1998)

And this is boring as fuck, but the subprime mortgage crisis goes WAY back WAY before Bush. Yes, republicans exasperated existing problems, but Democrats are not innocent. They're just as much to blame. I was going to post the Wikipedia entry for the Great Recession, but it's like 1,000 pages long.

I just think it's really silly and easy to place the blame solely on Republicans for everything that's happened / is happening in the US. Both parties have had their part in all of the mess our generation has had to live.

THAT'S when I get loud and refuse to go along with all the DNC and Hillary fanfare. Fuck republicans and fuck democrats, but fuck democrats a little bit less.

In a nutshell: alot.

Mexico takes in about $2 billion a month in remittances (Money transfers).

The Bank of Mexico tracks how much the country receives in remittances on a monthly basis. In 2015, Mexico took in nearly $25 billion in total, including from countries besides the United States. But most of it was from the United States. (According to Pew Research, 98 percent of the remittances received in 2012 were from the U.S.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/04/05/the-numbers-behind-donald-trumps-threat-to-block-money-from-being-sent-back-to-mexico/

Donald Trump has said he would stop cash sent home by Mexicans based in the US, until the country pays for a border wall.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-35971035

2 billion dollars :lmao:

The Mexican government's annual budget is USD 299,600,000,000. It's slightly behind South Korea's and about half of Japan's.

2,000,000,000 dollars that gets sent through Western fucking Union to poor people in Mexico wouldn't affect the Mexican government in the slightest. That's not money that goes to the Mexican government, it's money that gets sent directly to people in Mexico.

2 billion is less than 1% of Mexico's GDP. :rolleyes: I seriously can't with you people sometimes.

We're going to start going back and forth, but did you forget that we, together with our pals the brits, bombed Iraq in 1998 under Bill Clinton and also under wishy washy pretences?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Iraq_(1998)

And this is boring as fuck, but the subprime mortgage crisis goes WAY back WAY before Bush. Yes, republicans exasperated existing problems, but Democrats are not innocent. They're just as much to blame. I was going to post the Wikipedia entry for the Great Recession, but it's like 1,000 pages long.

I just think it's really silly and easy to place the blame solely on Republicans for everything that's happened / is happening in the US. Both parties have had their part in all of the mess our generation has had to live.

THAT'S when I get loud and refuse to go along with all the DNC and Hillary fanfare. Fuck republicans and fuck democrats, but fuck democrats a little bit less.

Wait wiat wait... when did I even draw this across party lines? This has NOTHING to do with red vs blue. This is about simple competence.

The problems we faced from 2000-2008 had origins under different presidents, Reagan through Clinton - but all 3 presidents before Bush were SANE managers who had the intelligence and careful decision making to deal with slipups and collossal failures.

No president is perfect. Certainly we can't ellect a messiah. Theyre all shady in 1 way or another, that's just the reality of American politics and believe me, if you go back in our history, there've been times when they were WAY shadier than they are now.

Equating Trump and Clinton isn't brave or different and most of all it's not accurate. I know youre not necessarily doing that, but broadly, that's what MANY have been doing. And it's bullshit. And for what it's worth, as was highlighted last night, Trump isn't even republican. He has ZERO ideology. He's a mess and can't even remember his own positions. He'd be pathetic if he weren't so notorious.

2 billion dollars :lmao:

The Mexican government's annual budget is USD 299,600,000,000. It's slightly behind South Korea's and about half of Japan's.

2,000,000,000 dollars that gets sent through Western fucking Union to poor people in Mexico wouldn't affect the Mexican government in the slightest. That's not money that goes to the Mexican government, it's money that gets sent directly to people in Mexico.

2 billion is less than 1% of Mexico's GDP. :rolleyes: I seriously can't with you people sometimes.

2 billion a month.......

Yes but why is the money being sent back in the first place? Direct support to familys. Wouldn't they be affected?

A significant part of remittances, often the majority, is spent on food, clothing and other day-to-day needs, according to research.

PH-remittances-11-2013-1-06.png

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2013/11/15/remittances-to-latin-america-recover-but-not-to-mexico/

Of course they'd be affected. But what in the world could a President possibly do to stop people from carrying out international wire transfers???

He's talking out of his ass.

Of course they'd be affected. But what in the world could a President possibly do to stop people from carrying out international wire transfers???

He's talking out of his ass.

Well that was my point. I never implied that 2 billion a month was going to the Mexican government.

I really don't know how this could be effectively implemented.

Guest Pud Whacker

i hope Hillary brings it tonight and i mean REALLY BRINGS IT.

not what she thinks everyone wants to hear but solid insight into Hillary Clinton's vision of America.

her own. not bernies, trumps or barrys. HERS.

shes been playing the game so long, i really wonder if she has an independent vision.

tonight is the night to show the world. :thumbsup:

i hope Hillary brings it tonight and i mean REALLY BRINGS IT.

not what she thinks everyone wants to hear but solid insight into Hillary Clinton's vision of America.

her own. not bernies, trumps or barrys. HERS.

shes been playing the game so long, i really wonder if she has an independent vision.

tonight is the night to show the world. :thumbsup:

Agreed on EVERY WORD!!! This is not her strong point. I really hope she gets out of her own way tonight.

Guest Pud Whacker

Agreed on EVERY WORD!!! This is not her strong point. I really hope she gets out of her own way tonight.

it would just feel so good knowing we're voting for someone we truly believe in...flaws and all.

Trump supporters know hes an egotistical asshole and they dont care because hes honest about it!!!

if shes gonna rip anything from anybody, take that attribute and whip us into a frenzy!!!

it would just feel so good knowing we're voting for someone we truly believe in...flaws and all.

Trump supporters know hes an egotistical asshole and they dont care because hes honest about it!!!

if shes gonna rip anything from anybody, take that attribute and whip us into a frenzy!!!

#IGUESSIMWITHHER YASSSSSS :headbang:

Ugh, I'm gonna have to get my absentee ballot ready and pay like 10 dollars or whatever it costs these days. :rolleyes:

Guest Pud Whacker

#IGUESSIMWITHHER YASSSSSS :headbang:

Ugh, I'm gonna have to get my absentee ballot ready and pay like 10 dollars or whatever it costs these days. :rolleyes:

:rotfl:

Don't waste the money until we see her tonight. If she fucks up I'll come down to Mexico City for a week and we can use that 10 bucks on pepto bismol. Reserve my place in Roma Norte.

we can use that 10 bucks on pepto bismol

If Clinton had any boldness left in her she'd literally LEAVE the speechwriting to someone who knows exactly waht we know and she'll just read it over, approve it, and recite the fucking thing. She's a crap communicator. She needs someone to take her wonky/boring/slightly humorless approach to governing and campaigning and filter it through a master at writing and crafting. Like I said, this is her biggest weakness. She needs to get out of the way and let someone guide her for once.

She should have learned this from 2008 when she was all over the place trying to out-tough the boys. She just needs to do HER.

Guest Pud Whacker

If Clinton had any boldness left in her she'd literally LEAVE the speechwriting to someone who knows exactly waht we know and she'll just read it over, approve it, and recite the fucking thing. She's a crap communicator. She needs someone to take her wonky/boring/slightly humorless approach to governing and campaigning and filter it through a master at writing and crafting. Like I said, this is her biggest weakness. She needs to get out of the way and let someone guide her for once.

She should have learned this from 2008 when she was all over the place trying to out-tough the boys. She just needs to do HER.

Totally! And I really hope we see 'that woman' tonight!

She's schleping out the gays today. That Sean Maloney already rewrote history for her. I'll forgive it today. But I know how she and Bill played it out. I was very coherent.

And the rest of the speakers need to STFU about trump.

TELL US WHY HILLARY IS THE ONE!!! THE ONLY ONE.

PROVE IT!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

These catch phrases are killing me. I'll tune in later. These speakers are making me hate Hillary again.

Guest Pud Whacker

:lmao: Why even tune in before 9 PM? No one watches these things prior to prime time.

:lol:

Because I want to be inspired!!! These are the supporters!!!!

THEYRE DESTROYING HER!!!