2016 American Presidential Thread

Ai Papi Si., on 27 Jul 2016 - 4:45 PM, said:Ai Papi Si., on 27 Jul 2016 - 4:45 PM, said:

Hahaha. I dont know about Skin, I ahven't been reading what he's been saying long enough, I havent been around in awhile.. honestly I thought he was a Berner so everything in this thread is new to me.

I was a Bernie supporter. Voted for him in the primary. I am not a Bernie or Buster though. I am bright enough to see the bigger picture at stake here unlike the busters. :lol:

I feel the same way I did back in 08 when I was 100% behind Obama. I said if Obama loses the primary I am still voting for Clinton. Said that through this entire primary as well.

'Treason'? Critics savage Trump over Russia hack comments

By Nahal Toosi

Donald Trump's call on Russia to hack Hillary Clinton's emails has shocked, flabbergasted and appalled lawmakers and national security experts across the political spectrum, with some describing his comments as "treason."

Few would argue Wednesday that what the Republican presidential nominee said will directly cause Russia to conduct more cyber-espionage against the U.S. than it already is doing. But several described Trump's statements as dangerous for America's global standing. Some echoed the Clinton campaign in calling the comments a threat to national security.

"It’s just one more example of the reckless and dangerous comments that Donald Trump makes that compromises American foreign policy objectives," said Sen. Ben Cardin of Maryland, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Leon Panetta, a former CIA director, said Trump's comments were "beyond the pale" because he was "in fact asking the Russians to engage in American politics." An aide to House Speaker Paul Ryan, who has endorsed Trump, added, meanwhile, that "Russia is a global menace led by a devious thug" and that it should stay out of the U.S. election.

Philip Reiner, a former National Security Council official in the Obama administration, called Trump a "scumbag animal."

"Hacking email is a criminal activity. And he's asked a foreign government — a murderous, repressive regime — to attack not just one of our citizens but the Democratic presidential candidate? Of course it's a national security threat," he added.

And William Inboden, who served on the NSC during the George W. Bush administration, said Trump's comments were "tantamount to treason."

"Trump's appeal for a foreign government hostile to the United States to manipulate our electoral process is not an assault on Hillary Clinton, it is an assault on the Constitution," said Inboden, who now teaches at the University of Texas at Austin.

Trump, who formally accepted his party's nomination for president last week, made the comments Wednesday during a wide-ranging press conference in Florida, amid increasing signs that it was Russian-backed hackers who recently nabbed and released thousands of emails from the Democratic National Committee's servers.

The real estate mogul has been under scrutiny for his perceived closeness to Russia and his apparent fondness for Russian President Vladimir Putin. He was speaking generally about the roughly 30,000 emails from Clinton's tenure as secretary of state, during which she used a private email server, that were deemed personal by her lawyers and destroyed, rather than turned over to the State Department.

“It would be interesting to see, I will tell you this, Russia, if you're listening I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” the Republican presidential nominee said. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

He later added in a tweet: "If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!"

Even as some Trump supporters insisted he was just joking, several national security experts said they could not recall another instance of a major party candidate calling on a foreign power to spy on a U.S. citizen, much less on a political opponent.

"Leaders who are serious about national security do not, even in jest, encourage foreign powers to spy on us," said Timothy Naftali, co-director of New York University's Center for the United States and the Cold War. "What Putin would take seriously, I suspect, is that Trump seems so eager to hurt Hillary Clinton that he doesn't care getting a little Russian help. On the other hand if there is some behind the scenes collusion between the Kremlin and Trump Tower, Putin must think Trump, at best, brazen or a fool for playing it all this way."

Evelyn Farkas, a former Obama administration official with expertise on Russia, added, "It's a pretty outrageous thing to do to anyone, and it feels somewhat treasonous."

The Clinton campaign was quick to use Trump's statement to bolster its case that electing him would be dangerous. "This has gone from being a matter of curiosity, and a matter of politics, to being a national security issue," Clinton adviser Jake Sullivan said.

But as to whether Putin will be emboldened to try to seek Clinton's missing emails because of Trump — analysts and lawmakers said the Russians probably were already doing that anyway, and probably would regardless of whether Trump encouraged them or not.

"I very much doubt that there is as much to learn from Hillary Clinton's emails as Donald Trump seems to believe," said Ian Wallace, co-director of the Cybersecurity Initiative at New America. He asserted, nonetheless, that Trump's stance "beggars belief."

Guest Pud Whacker

Hahaha. I dont know about Skin, I ahven't been reading what he's been saying long enough, I havent been around in awhile.. honestly I thought he was a Berner so everything in this thread is new to me.

Trump had a press conference in which he bascially invited Russia to hack the FBI, and prominent ppl from his own party are having a fit, and that sound you hear in the distance is Clinton cackling and coughing as she thinks up ways to impale him with that during the first debate.

Oh ok!!! So in a speech he asked Russians to send the hacked emails?!!! :lol:

He's hilarious and off his rocker!

Guest Rachelle of London

Oprahs Instagram comments are filled with people angry she's not endorsing Hillary. I thought she already did. I'm so confused

Guest Pud Whacker

It's not going over well with some ppl who have managed to TRY and stay silent about him :lol: Oops!

CoZmqUWWAAArETV.jpg

:rotfl:

This is what the public loves about him!!!

SQUAT over your iPhone and shoot a photo of your asshole and balls. :thumbsup:

Pud Whacker, on 27 Jul 2016 - 5:19 PM, said:Pud Whacker, on 27 Jul 2016 - 5:19 PM, said:

This is what the public loves about him!!!

Well it just shows what idiots the public is. For the last 8 years all we heard about from republicans is how evil Russia is and their supporters cheering this, and now we have Trump playing kissy face with Russia and encouraging them to meddle in our elections, and these same people are like, "YAY TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cher @cher 4h4 hours ago

NEVER IN MY WILDEST IMAGINATION DID I THINK ID HEAR AN AMERICAN,ASK A HOSTILE GOV 2DECLARE CYBOR WAR AGAINST OUR COUNTRY1f1fa-1f1f8.png#BENEDICTTRUMP

CHER IF YOU DARE!!

Cher should be Hillary's white house press secretary when she wins!

Do I REALLY have to go through all the threads when all you political experts were giving your opinions like they were fact?

Now one month later Trump might win and Democrats are doing worse and worse.

Speculating on an outcome is different to being ignorant to which party controls the senate.

Guest Pud Whacker

Raul is first in queue. Naired hole, fro'd out pic, then I'm next.

SQUAT!!!

Raul will never do it!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

CoYyNuPW8AAS6kM.jpg

She and her team should just keep quiet on this and let it take care of itself. She's already not liked and this will just bite her in her cankles.

The way saying if Obama gets elected over her there's a great chance he will be assassinated.

Guest Mauro

Well it just shows what idiots the public is. For the last 8 years all we heard about from republicans is how evil Russia is and their supporters cheering this, and now we have Trump playing kissy face with Russia and encouraging them to meddle in our elections, and these same people are like, "YAY TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!"

Actually, they've loved how Russia's dealt with homosexuals.

Guest Mauro

It's not going over well with some ppl who have managed to TRY and stay silent about him :lol: Oops!

CoZmqUWWAAArETV.jpg

Remember when Donald revealed that he had met with Putin? The love affair between the two began.

You guys, I can't believe Clinton and Trump are going to be debating each other on national television :rotfl:

It'll be the greatest ratings in TV history second to Madonna's Superbowl