2016 American Presidential Thread

jonluvsmaddy, on 26 Jul 2016 - 11:00 PM, said:

The state of the Supreme Court will directly impact the lives of minorities, women, immigrants, and gays - so please do continue to believe that the election doesn't matter - as it may well not matter to you - but to all of the aforementioned groups, the balance of power in the Supreme Court matters greatly - so if you can't manage to get to the polls for your own self interest, do it on behalf of others who desperately need your support.

:clap:

Guest Pud Whacker

Never let you forget. tumblr_msj0t8SChW1qal28wo5_250.gif

After Obama and Trudeau winning Canada this election is unsatisfying & even if Hillary wins, uncelebratory. We'll laugh at the year of the Donald and what a close call that was and hey, a female president. But the morale is down, there isn't that joy and hope. She's tumultuous and scandal-ridden.

:thumbsup:

That's right. I'll NEVER forget. Because Bill was my first. And the first time I was TRULY let down by the democrats WHO THREW GAYS A BONE FOR THE VOTE AND THEN TURNED HIS BACK.

The state of the Supreme Court will directly impact the lives of minorities, women, immigrants, and gays - so please do continue to believe that the election doesn't matter - as it may well not matter to you - but to all of the aforementioned groups, the balance of power in the Supreme Court matters greatly - so if you can't manage to get to the polls for your own self interest, do it on behalf of others who desperately need your support.

Is Trump going to elect a member of the KKK and is a Democrat majority senate going to approve him (we all know he'd be a him). :rolleyes:

Is Trump going to elect a member of the KKK and is a Democrat majority senate going to approve him (we all know he'd be a him). :rolleyes:

Scalia JR would not be far off - and as Ruth Bader Ginsberg has only a few years left to go - Trump's potential gaggle of Scalia clones would be incredibly destructive for generations - not to mention, of course, whatever nightmare he would dream up.

Scalia JR would not be far off - and as Ruth Bader Ginsberg has only a few years left to go - Trump's potential gaggle of Scalia clones would be incredibly destructive for generations - not to mention, of course, whatever nightmare he would dream up.

Again, a Democratic majority senate WILL NOT approve someone who's too out there. Period. Regardless of which stupid ho wins, compromises will have to be made. Period.

Stop with the scaremongering. Jeez

Guest Pud Whacker

Again, a Democratic majority senate WILL NOT approve someone who's too out there. Period. Regardless of which stupid ho wins, compromises will have to be made. Period.

That's what they do. The fear they say republicans pump is doubled.

If the popular vote goes to Trump, the senate will likely remain in republican control as well - don't be naive

Further, while the republicans have made an industry of blocking Obama's nominees, the Democrats are not nearly as obstinate - so they would in fact likely confirm whoever was nominated

Further, while the republicans have made an industry of blocking Obama's nominees, the Democrats are not nearly as obstinate - so they would in fact likely confirm whoever was nominated

So you agree. Democrats are fucking pussies. :rotfl:

Guest Mauro

REPUBLICANS CONTROL THE SENATE, HON.

If the popular vote goes to Trump, the senate will likely remain in republican control as well - don't be naive

Anyway. I'm being realistic, I'm not being naive. You guys are the naive ones who are screaming that the sky is falling.

If Trump wins and ends up doing some horrible stupid shit, the Democrats will make huge gains in the 2018 midterms and he'll be out in 2021. That's how this stupid game works.

It's all designed to make sure none of the stupid branches get too crazy. And IF the sky were to actually fall thanks to Trump and the American people were stupid enough to vote in a republican majority house and senate, AND vote for 4 more years of Trump, then the US would totally deserve to lose everything it's spent the last however many years building.

I don't think Americans are THAT dumb

REPUBLICANS CONTROL THE SENATE, HON.

I'm not talking about now. Wasn't everyone 2 weeks ago saying the Democrats are going to take back control of the senate, that it's in their favor and blah fucking blah.

Guest Mauro

Anyway. I'm being realistic, I'm not being naive. You guys are the naive ones who are screaming that the sky is falling.

If Trump wins and ends up doing some horrible stupid shit, the Democrats will make huge gains in the 2018 midterms and he'll be out in 2021. That's how this stupid game works.

It's all designed to make sure none of the stupid branches get too crazy. And IF the sky were to actually fall thanks to Trump and the American people were stupid enough to vote in a republican majority house and senate, AND vote for 4 more years of Trump, then the US would totally deserve to lose everything it's spent the last however many years building.

Historically, American presidents get two terms. If Trump gets in, he's going no where. America is looking at 8 years of Trump and god only knows how many terrorist attacks and wars. Americans also don't change leaders during times of war.

Guest Mauro

I'm not talking about now. Wasn't everyone 2 weeks ago saying the Democrats are going to take back control of the senate, that it's in their favor and blah fucking blah.

Nope.

Guest Pud Whacker

NAIR IT CLEAN!!! :thumbsup:

Bernie sanders came off like a sore loser and did nothing to unify the democratic party. He springled her name around his speech cause he had too.

When Hillary lost to Obama she came out full force for him. Fact.

Watch it young lady.

or I'll hang you from your clit.