2016 American Presidential Thread

Bernie's delegates just interrupted the prayer by the reverend to chant his name :manson:

This is not going well. Now I think I'm siding with Pud. Trump's on the verge of getting elected. If it happens, the finger pointing post election is going to go everywhere - Clinton, Bernie Sanders, everywhere except the GOP.

Now Bernie's scrambling sending mass texts to his supporters not to engage on protests on the floor.

Oops. When you have to do that, that means you've lost control of your message. Tsk tsk. These are the people that think giant Bernie puppets and blunts are what reverse corruption.

But this is not a one way street. At this very moment people only see the positives and negatives, nothing inbetween. And the way you make it sound is that everything Hillary did was wrong. Do you acknowledge the positives she has done as a foreign secretary? I would like to argue that one of the most important things she did was to bring trust back to the relations between other countries and the U.S. Have you any idea how toxic the relations were during the Bush years. The Bush government has pissed off every government on the planet. Even its allies. This government was despised around the world and they did damage the reputation of the U.S. significantly. Old Europe, anyone?

Hillary loves her country. She'll do anything in her power to make sure that NOBODY fucks with the U.S. and it's closest allies. Even if that means throwing other countries and their legitimate governments under the bus aka cause havoc and chaos. As long as the U.S. gets what it wants / needs. In Mexico's case, she pressured the hell out of the government to pass new reforms that open up the country to U.S. and other foreign investments. This is HUGE news for oil companies and will ultimately benefit Americans in the long run, but it really fucked over the most vulnerable people in the country and Hilary could give two shits about people outside of the U.S. I seriously think she's made it as far as she has because she's kind of heartless.

Hillary did her job as Secretary . She did it well. That's why I hope she wins. She'll do anything in her power to make sure America moves forward. And at the end of the day, a huge chunk of Mexico's economy and stability directly depends on the U.S.'s economy (if the U.S. has a recession, we have a recession, if the U.S.'s economy grows, ours grows, etc.), so for me anyway, I know the best option for both my countries, and even Lebanon if I count that one, is Hillary.

That doesn't mean I'm going to sit by and turn the other way and pretend she's fucking awesome. No, for me, she's the cancer that's statistically more treatable. :lmao: And honestly, even if I have to scream and shout to make sure the people around me grow a little back bone and become slightly more... I don't know... objective? Then whatever, hate me all you want, I'm not going to stop

Hillary loves her country. She'll do anything in her power to make sure that NOBODY fucks with the U.S. and it's closest allies. Even if that means throwing other countries and their legitimate governments under the bus aka cause havoc and chaos. As long as the U.S. gets what it wants / needs. In Mexico's case, she pressured the hell out of the government to pass new reforms that open up the country to U.S. and other foreign investments. This is HUGE news for oil companies and will ultimately benefit Americans in the long run, but it really fucked over the most vulnerable people in the country and Hilary could give two shits about people outside of the U.S. I seriously think she's made it as far as she has because she's kind of heartless.

Hillary did her job as Secretary . She did it well. That's why I hope she wins. She'll do anything in her power to make sure America moves forward. And at the end of the day, a huge chunk of Mexico's economy and stability directly depends on the U.S.'s economy (if the U.S. has a recession, we have a recession, if the U.S.'s economy grows, ours grows, etc.), so for me anyway, I know the best option for both my countries, and even Lebanon if I count that one, is Hillary.

That doesn't mean I'm going to sit by and turn the other way and pretend she's fucking awesome. No, for me, she's the cancer that's statistically more treatable. :lmao: And honestly, even if I have to scream and shout to make sure the people around me grow a little back bone and become slightly more... I don't know... objective? Then whatever, hate me all you want, I'm not going to stop

Fairly said.

Bernie's delegates just interrupted the prayer by the reverend to chant his name :manson:

This is not going well. Now I think I'm siding with Pud. Trump's on the verge of getting elected. If it happens, the finger pointing post election is going to go everywhere - Clinton, Bernie Sanders, everywhere except the GOP.

Calm down.

batman-slaps-robin.jpeg

You're starting to sound like Skin. These are the presidential elections. Nobody will be talking about the convention in 3 weeks or whenever the debates start. ANYTHING can happen.

Remember Romney saying something shady about poor people? He said 1 simple little thing and that basically destroyed his momentum.

Just pray there aren't any more leaks or that Hillary didn't really have anyone murdered, Olivia Pope style.

Calm down.

batman-slaps-robin.jpeg

You're starting to sound like Skin. These are the presidential elections. Nobody will be talking about the convention in 3 weeks or whenever the debates start. ANYTHING can happen.

Remember Romney saying something shady about poor people? He said 1 simple little thing and that basically destroyed his momentum.

Just pray there aren't any more leaks or that Hillary didn't really have anyone murdered, Olivia Pope style.

The reason I'm freaking the fuck out is because divisive conventions mean this is going to be neck and neck the entire time. One tiny shift in Trump's momentum gets him elected. Clinton is relying on huge turnout among minorities. If a lot of them are Bernie holdouts, or get put off by a SHIT convention, that's terrible. The optics are huge this election.

Romney's fuckup lost him the election, but he was going to lose anyway. 2016 is not 2012. Not even close. 2012 seems like a cute little memory of happy times now.

The Sandersnistas have my support :) It's like someone said earlier in the thread. They're not saying he won, they're saying HE COULD HAVE WON but now we'll never know cuz of shenanigans. You play, you pay.

I'm sorry, but how insanely egotistical and selfish is Hillary for running AGAIN knowing that she's one of the most polarizing figures in America. She doesn't give a shit about her party. She just wants to fucking win :lmao: She's literally the wholesome female version of Trump. If she weren't so beige and boring and annoyingly self-righteous I'd actually love her.

I love insanely ambitious people. Like Madonna. When I read about her stabbing so many people in the back to get where she got, I pop an imaginary boner :lmao:

The convention is erupting into equal chants of Hillary and Bernie now as we speak. Now making the first day of the RNC look like a tea dance.

This is CRAZY.

Annnnnnnd now the California delegation is chanting LOCK HER UP :rotfl:

GREAT JOB BERNIE OR BUSTERS

My peeps!

I'm sorry, but how insanely egotistical and selfish is Hillary for running AGAIN knowing that she's one of the most polarizing figures in America. She doesn't give a shit about her party. She just wants to fucking win :lmao: She's literally the wholesome female version of Trump. If she weren't so beige and boring and annoyingly self-righteous I'd actually love her....

That's exactly what I was saying 2 days ago! Lol

The Sandersnistas have my support :) It's like someone said earlier in the thread. They're not saying he won, they're saying HE COULD HAVE WON but now we'll never know cuz of shenanigans. You play, you pay.

This is by far the most twisted logic ever. It's hypothetical nonsene. I could have been a brain surgeon. I could have been an olympic champion. Fact is, I'm neither of both. And there are reasons why. Just like there are reasons why Sanders did not win.

I cannot with the whole rigged argument anymore. First of all Sanders knew what he was getting himself into. He knew the rules. Complain about them when they do not work in your favor is kinda ridiculous. And funny to see all those Bernie supporters who still want Bernie on the ticket. So all of a sudden it's fine to rig the system themselves because it fits their agenda. Suddenly it's perfectly fine to ignore the majority vote and make someone the nominee who does not won the most votes. That is a very weird sense of democracy especially when many of them think of themselves as scholars on democracy trying to lecture everyone about it.

Look, you stoke this idea of high expctations and a rigged system, this is what you get. Hillary won the election, Bernie didn't, he hemmed and hawwed for a month and got her to compromise on everything so that the dem platform was perfect, and she still gets booed at her own convention. Plenty of blame to go around, including a large of it on Clinton and the DNC, but to act like Poor Persecuted Bernie didn't stoke some of this is laughable.

Reports are coming out about his entire team frantically trying to calm everything down, so far it's worked, but we have 4 more days of this. It's gonna be a mess. This is the kind of shit that gives Trump a clear path to winning so I hope they're happy.

Sanders Booed by Own Delegates for Urging Support for Clinton

Video

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/sanders-booed-own-delegates-urging-support-clinton-n616341

I start to feel sorry for him. As someone else said before, he no longer seems to have control over the monster he created.

Donald Trump takes poll lead on Hillary Clinton as Democratic National Convention gets off to chaotic start

Donald Trump soared into a poll lead in the race for the White House as Hillary Clinton's plans for a "Convention of hope" descended into bitter infighting and angry protests, with some Democrats saying they would prefer to vote for her Republican rival.

Mrs Clinton is due to become the first female presidential nominee of a major US political party at the Democratic Convention which began in Philadelphia on Monday.

It was billed as a week of optimism laying out a vision of unity and progress for America, contrasting with Mr Trump's dark and foreboding descriptions of a country in crisis.

As the convention was set to open, a new poll from CNN showed Donald Trump leading Mrs Clinton by 44 per cent to 39 per cent.

Former President Bill Clinton is due to laud the abilities of his wife in a speech on Tuesday followed by a glowing endorsement from President Barack Obama on Wednesday setting out how she would secure his legacy.

But Mrs Clinton's message, captured in the slogan "Stronger Together," was immediately overshadowed by controversy and ugly scenes as thousands of angry party members loyal to Bernie Sanders, her left-wing rival for the nomination, took to the streets in 100-degree heat.

The protests were much larger than those against Mr Trump - considered one of the most divisive politicians in modern American history - at the Republican convention in Cleveland last week.

It followed a scandal in which leaked internal Democratic Party emails showed officials had plotted against Mr Sanders in favour of Mrs Clinton.

Mr Sanders addressed his delegates yesterday ahead of the opening of the convention, with raucous cheers turning to boos when he said: "we have got to defeat Donald Trump and we have got to elect Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine."

He was almost pleading with the crowd as it broke into chants of "we want Bernie!"

"Brothers and sisters, this is the real world that we leave in," he said.

A 1,200-strong group of pro-Sanders delegates have been exploring ways to make life difficult for Mrs Clinton at the convention, including by challenging the nomination of Tim Kaine, the Virginia senator, as her running mate.

Theres serious interest right now and exploration as we speak of a formal challenge, Norman Solomon, a California delegate said at a press conference on Monday for the Bernie Delegates Network.

Mr Kaine is opposed by many in the Sanders wing of the party for his policies on trade and Wall St regulations. A challenge to his nomination could see the infighting within the party played out on the convention floor.

The pavement on Broad Street in Philadelphia was flooded on Monday with supporters of Mr Sanders as they marched to the convention hall, cheered on by drivers passing by.

Among them was Corinne Dodge, a retired school teacher from New Hampshire who had travelled through the night by bus in order to take part.

"I really wanted to be here to support not only Bernie but the issues he stands for," she said. Ms Dodge said Mr Sanders had "absolutely" been robbed of the nomination by the Democratic National Committee, and she was still holding out hope of a convention coup to nominate him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/25/donald-trump-takes-poll-lead-on-hillary-clinton-as-democratic-na/