2016 American Presidential Thread

Plus didn't the democratic platform adopt something like 80% of what Bernie wanted? I mean this ALONE should be seen as a huge victory. The man did push the party to the left on many issues and that is a good thing.

Why is that not seen as win among these diehards!? Especially when the guy lost....By millions of votes!!! They didn't have to reach out to him at all if they didn't want to. YOU LOST! You weren't owed anything!

These people protesting in Philly look like idiots. Actually if you read a lot of their signs I don't even it see it as a fully "PRO BERNIE" protest. The messages are ALL over the place. Reminds me of the same stuff we see just about every year, especially in 2000 when mobs at both conventions protested "The system".

Yes the deck is stacked in many ways. Getting Trump elected is only going to push back their goals by a generation or more. It baffles me that they don't see it.

The DNC didn't force 3 million more people to vote for Hillary over Bernie. Don't even. He ran a failed campaign. He became a Democrat just last last year in order to run for president, to take resources from the DNC. He admitted this. His campaign hacked the DNC database and stole Clinton's donor list. He stayed in for months even though he had lost. The DNC is always going to favor real Democrats, not ones who are just there to drain funds for power. Debbie Wasserman Schultz is tragic, but Bernie blew it on his own and pissed off as many people as he could with his antics by May 2016.

Wikileaks (Julian Assange) is working with the Russian government. This leak was no accident. Assange is hellbent on getting Trump into office. It's what Putin wants.

You don't even. Go suck on a saggy pestoon.

That's what the party wanted all along and of course they screwed any fair chances he may have had. It wasn't fair and rigged from the get go.

So don't you EVER...

Why are so many posters here being such losers? They sound like children being 'rebellious' by showing support for Donald Trump. :rolleyes:

Just because you're not a trumpet supporter doesn't make you non loser.

Plus didn't the democratic platform adopt something like 80% of what Bernie wanted? I mean this ALONE should be seen as a huge victory. The man did push the party to the left on many issues and that is a good thing.

Why is that not seen as win among these diehards!? Especially when the guy lost....By millions of votes!!! They didn't have to reach out to him at all if they didn't want to. YOU LOST! You weren't owed anything!

These people protesting in Philly look like idiots. Actually if you read a lot of their signs I don't even it see it as a fully "PRO BERNIE" protest. The messages are ALL over the place. Reminds me of the same stuff we see just about every year, especially in 2000 when mobs at both conventions protested "The system".

Yes the deck is stacked in many ways. Getting Trump elected is only going to push back their goals by a generation or more. It baffles me that they don't see it.

I think since this is the thread on where we discuss politics of course I find it auspecious that people don't wanna discuss the leaked findings of the DNC.

We knew all along the factors that were working against Bernie, now it's clear it was sabotage from the inside all along.

And no you don't how the outcome of votes and delegates would have been if this wasn't happening.

I think since this is the thread on where we discuss politics of course I find it auspicious that people don't wanna discuss the leaked findings of the DNC.

We knew all along the factors that were working against Bernie, now it's clear it was sabotage from the inside all along.

And no you don't how the outcome of votes and delegates would have been if this wasn't happening.

It hasn't been mentioned ONCE here. :lmao:

God forbidz!

I bring it up and people are all oh he lost by millions failed campaign.... Wouldn't make a differece. How do you know that dinglethorns ?

BambiGambi, on 24 Jul 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

I think since this is the thread on where we discuss politics of course I find it auspecious that people don't wanna discuss the leaked findings of the DNC.

The DNC wanted to protect an insider against an outsider. Why is this so hard to understand?

Again. Bernie lost and they still went out of their way to adopt so many of his issues into their platform. They could have just as easily said...

I talked about it.

Honestly, was anyone surprised? Bernie Sanders and the DNC had a horrible relationship from the get go, starting with his campaign staffers hacking into Clinton's campaign voter records and just decaying from there. Democrats hate Bernie.

The leaks are dreadful and embarrassing but I'm sorry, nothing would have stopped Hillary from winning and we can see that in the results. When you win big diverse states like NY and FL by more than 10 points its over. Bernie was supposed to win California and embarass Clinton, she won it by 7 points. At that point superdelegates and Debbie Wasserman Schultz dont even matter. But oh no, I'm a shill who gets paid by Hillary Clinton to say stuff like that :rolleyes:

This election is the worst.

Poor Brave Persecuted Bernie Sanders and his millions of young supporters who have just now joined the political process and can't even name a hallmark supreme court ruling. :rolleyes:

A few key people like to mock Obama's rise as nothing but a millennial fad and undercut his success as just a rise of people who asked no questions and just voted based on how cool it seemed to be voting for a young hip black president. Which is interesting when you look at the Bernie campaign isn't it. Even more cynically, the entire campaign spent months throwing shade at the Clinton campaign for winning democrats in the southern or more diverse states where black and hispanic people voted in overwhelming numbers for her.

"Low information" voters people called it. The only reason Clinton won is because of dumb minorities is the real way to say it. When it could be because the Sanders campaign didn't really spend too much time doing POC outreach and istead just settled on appealing to irritating white people on Facebook.

I know I know. Violence is never the answer. Blah blah blah, but I am sorry. This guy would have gotten my size 13 foot to the back of the head.

There were emails about them conspiring about possibly using his jewish faith and possible atheist ideologies against him to turn possible voters against him.

You support Hillary. That's great. But how can you guys not even be a tad bit upset with their behavior? Corruption is corruption. Period. Also, why even have a fucking primary in the first place if you're just going to end up rigging things to make sure the candidate you want to win, wins? Then the U.S. and democrats have the audacity to go around the world forcing democracy on people :rolleyes:

Just be like fucking Mexico where parties pick whoever the fuck they want no matter how awful that person is. Why go through all the shit loads of money and waste everyone's time? Democrats should just shove whoever they want down our throats and stop trying to come off as the party for the people, progressive values, the left, the 99%, blah fucking blah.

Guest Mauro

I know I know. Violence is never the answer. Blah blah blah, but I am sorry. This guy would have gotten my size 13 foot to the back of the head.

He's dressed like a plantation owner. :lmao:

I don't care about the DNC findings. Bernie lost. If he was so inspired to lead a movement he should've run Independent from the beginning and then he wouldn't have to rely on a political party's own rules to win a nomination. The DNC is like any club, if you're a member for long enough [like Hillary], you're going to be the favorite and people in the organization are going to help you. If you sign up as a Democrat a year before the election just to win the Presidential nomination, people in that party aren't going to show you the same loyalty because you look like an opportunist.

That's life, Berniebots. Not injustice. Political parties can have whatever rules they want and they can help whoever they want. They are not government agencies. The fact that this group keeps saying "It's not fair" only shows they have no clue how the political process works.

The DNC wanted to protect an insider against an outsider. Why is this so hard to understand?

Again. Bernie lost and they still went out of their way to adopt so many of his issues into their platform. They could have just as easily said...

They had to. That's the least they can do if they want his votes.

The other thing, can you guys stop with him not being a democrat? He's running as a democrat, he rejected running for the Green Party, he could have easily made Hillary lose have he done so.

So enough with that already.

ULIZOS, on 25 Jul 2016 - 12:15 AM, said:

There were emails about them conspiring about possibly using his jewish faith and possible atheist ideologies against him to turn possible voters against him.

Wasnt it just one random dude who brought that up though in an email? I could be wrong but its not like there were tons of higher up dems sitting around an office table high atop a skyscraper fleshing this idea out.

Again, I could be wrong, but this is just what I heard real quick in passing.

You support Hillary. That's great. But how can you guys not even be a tad bit upset with their behavior? Corruption is corruption. Period. Also, why even have a fucking primary in the first place if you're just going to end up rigging things to make sure the candidate you want to win, wins? Then the U.S. and democrats have the audacity to go around the world forcing democracy on people :rolleyes:

Just be like fucking Mexico where parties pick whoever the fuck they want no matter how awful that person is. Why go through all the shit loads of money and waste everyone's time? Democrats should just shove whoever they want down our throats and stop trying to come off as the party for the people, progressive values, the left, the 99%, blah fucking blah.

A few things:

- Clinton reached out to Sanders right after the DC primary, they came together and worked on basically tailoring the entire platform to Sanders campaign

- Last night, they reached a deal on the superdelegates, binding them to state results.

- She adopted his college plan

- Adopted same day voter registration

- She adopted his public option proposal

- She lobbied to get Wasserman Schultz OUT of there

She has bent over backwards to appease him and his campaign. I'm not calling her an angel for doing that, but she did it and she didn't have to. The primary was NOT CLOSE. The media loves a "race" and will do everything they can to make it seem that way but the numbers did not show that. Again and again, her wins are dismissed as rigged cheats. But she actually did the right thing and adopted his entire campaign into the Democratic platform. Why would she do that? She didn't have to. She knows she has to run on that though.

I can speak as someone who VOTED FOR SANDERS IN THE FLORIDA PRIMARY when I say that I would have loved to have him as president. Climate change and college tuition are big ones for me. He didn't win. I threw my support behind Clinton, and I continue to think she'll make a solid president. I have my issues with her, which i have shared. But I'm not going to sit here and try to spoil and election cuz my "feelings were hurt." I actually do think Trump is super dangerous.

I talked about it.

Honestly, was anyone surprised? Bernie Sanders and the DNC had a horrible relationship from the get go, starting with his campaign staffers hacking into Clinton's campaign voter records and just decaying from there. Democrats hate Bernie.

The leaks are dreadful and embarrassing but I'm sorry, nothing would have stopped Hillary from winning and we can see that in the results. When you win big diverse states like NY and FL by more than 10 points its over. Bernie was supposed to win California and embarass Clinton, she won it by 7 points. At that point superdelegates and Debbie Wasserman Schultz dont even matter. But oh no, I'm a shill who gets paid by Hillary Clinton to say stuff like that :rolleyes:

This election is the worst.

Yes that assuming that the DNC didn't do anything to ruin his chances of winning behind the schemes during those primaries.

I don't care about the DNC findings. Bernie lost. If he was so inspired to lead a movement he should've run Independent from the beginning and then he wouldn't have to rely on a political party's own rules to win a nomination. The DNC is like any club, if you're a member for long enough [like Hillary], you're going to be the favorite and people in the organization are going to help you. If you sign up as a Democrat a year before the election just to win the Presidential nomination, people in that party aren't going to show you the same loyalty because you look like an opportunist.

That's life, Berniebots. Not injustice. Political parties can have whatever rules they want and they can help whoever they want. They are not government agencies. The fact that this group keeps saying "It's not fair" only shows they have no clue how the political process works.

Well now look who's throwing shade.

BambiGambi, on 25 Jul 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

They had to. That's the least they can do if they want his votes.

The other thing, can you guys stop with him not being a democrat? He's running as a democrat, he rejected running for the Green Party, he could have easily made Hillary lose have he done so.

So enough with that already.

Trust me. I couldn't be happier that Bernie is backing Hillary hard right now and his one goal is to defeat Trump and make sure Hillary is elected. I can not wait for his speech tomorrow at the Convention. I think the way he is handling this right now is great and he is doing the right thing.

I just wish his hardcore supporters would get the memo already.

Guest Mauro

Wasnt it just one random dude who brought that up though in an email? I could be wrong but its not like there were tons of higher up dems sitting around an office table high atop a skyscraper fleshing this idea out.

Again, I could be wrong, but this is just what I heard real quick in passing.

And therein lies the trouble with leaks and hacks and emails. You have everyone's shit, including underlings. Not to mention we have no verification if any of this shit is even real.

Yes that assuming that the DNC didn't do anything to ruin his chances of winning behind the schemes during those primaries.

Bernie hardly did any advertising in Florida despite having a fat ledger of donations. He lost those larger states because he's only a moderately good tactician with average resource allocation skills. He could've actually beat Clinton if his campaign had started earlier and funneled the resources to the southern states to close the margins. He didn't and he lost. Case closed.

Don't you get it? Hillary won by millions of votes. Bernie is a sore loser. Corruption by the DNC is acceptable because it's working towards what we want it to be. I just saw a bunch of Bernie bots in the toilet omg they are pathetic, they still work? I thought they ran out of battery.

To win elections you have to do lots of outreach and work. Bernie didn't start the election the way Clinton did. He started it in a parking lot with 2 reporters. He didn't expect the level of success and had no time to do the grunt work of reaching out to the constituencies that win elections.

He acheived a great deal and his legacy is the foundation of the current democratic platform. In many ways he is all over this election. But his supporters continue to delegitimize his movement by acting like a bunch of fanatics.

Guest Mauro

Don't you get it? Hillary won by millions of votes. Bernie is a sore loser. Corruption by the DNC is acceptable because it's working towards what we want it to be. I just saw a bunch of Bernie bots in the toilet omg they are pathetic, they still work? I thought they ran out of battery.

No one is saying that. However, insinuating that Bernie would have won had there been proper decorum at the DNC is just ludicrous. His campaign hacked the DNC database, and when they were punished, they threatened to sue. His staff was even brazen about hacking their servers.

Bernie hardly did any advertising in Florida despite having a fat ledger of donations. He lost those larger states because he's only a moderately good tactician with average resource allocation skills. He could've actually beat Clinton if his campaign had started earlier and funneled the resources to the southern states to close the margins. He didn't and he lost. Case closed.

BINGO.

Everything is a conspiracy, everything is rigged, everything is Hillary Clinton's cheating ass. Oh shut the fuck up already. God, it drives me fucking bonkers. The DNC rules have been in place for decades. No one gave a fuck. All of a sudden its cheating, and you put down your Pokemon Go and realize Bernie lost California and you charge your iPhone and quickly google H.A. Goodman for good things to chant when you go to Anti-Hillary protests.

I see right through shit like this.

If you say so ma'am Judy.

To win elections you have to do lots of outreach and work. Bernie didn't start hte election the way Clinton did. He started it in a parking lot with 2 reporters. He didn't expect the level of success and had no time to do the grunt work of reaching out to the constituencies that win elections.

He acheived a great deal and his legacy is the foundation of the current democratic platform. In many ways he is all over this election. But his supporters continue to delegitimize his movement by acting like a bunch of fanatics.

That's understandable when they are noticing that their country is run by 2 corrupt parties.

I think it is safe to say that a handful of voters no matter how much outreach the Dem party does to appease Bernie and his ideas will never be happy enough unless Bernie is the nominee.

They will never be happy unless somehow the nomination that Hillary won through the will of the voters is stripped away and given to Bernie, thus proving they really don't care about rigged systems or the will of the people as they would love to see it rigged and the will of the people taken away in Bernie's favor right now.

Like I said, I think a lot of this has to do with simply the sore loser attitude of a lot of young people out there. They were told since birth that they are winners even when they lose, so to actually lose is something they just cant accept.

No one is saying that. However, insinuating that Bernie would have won had there been proper decorum at the DNC is just ludicrous. His campaign hacked the DNC database, and when they were punished, they threatened to sue. His staff was even brazen about hacking their servers.

Insinuating that he could have won, not that he would have won. There's a difference .

That's understandable when they are noticing that their country is run by 2 corrupt parties.

Then Bernie shouldn't have anything to do with it, if it's all about erasing corruption. Instead they treat him like a pop star. Oh well. They wonder why people dismiss them, there's the answer.