Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Pud Whacker

The Great Camille Paglia!!!

71 posts in this topic

Marlene at 71 years old. 

On 12/27/2016 at 9:21 AM, Pud Whacker said:

LEARN

Very interesting way of thinking: although I disagree with certain things like accepting open homosexuality being a sign of decay of Western civilization. Northern Europe has always been accepting of homosexuality and they are still the most developed countries in the world. Its just that it takes a very honest society to be accepting while most of the less developed/uncivillized societies are dishonest, explaining its dishonesty with moral values etc.

18 hours ago, Pud Whacker said:

Marlene at 71 years old. 

Uou! No way! She looks in her 50ties! What a queen!

3 hours ago, elijah said:

Truly a marvel.  she worked and toured the world until she couldn't any longer and then went into seclusion in her 80's to keep the LEGEND & MYSTIQUE alive.  she didnt want to ever plague the image of DIETRICH. even then she had Maximilian Schell do a fabulous documentary on her that was nominated for an Oscar called Marlene.  Her final appearance in film was David Bowie's Just a Gigolo in 1979, she was 78 years old. 

she died at 90 years old. 

and again.. around 4 minutes (this is from 2016) paglia gives credit to madonna. I disagree with the article she wrote recently as a response to madonna, but then again I also disagreed with madonna name dropping paglia. I love that she says women should express their sexuality if they want to, they have all the freedom now, but they also have to be responsible and be able to defend themselves, stand up for themselves.. not be victims

On 1/27/2017 at 2:42 PM, Nikki said:

and again.. around 4 minutes (this is from 2016) paglia gives credit to madonna. I disagree with the article she wrote recently as a response to madonna, but then again I also disagreed with madonna name dropping paglia. I love that she says women should express their sexuality if they want to, they have all the freedom now, but they also have to be responsible and be able to defend themselves, stand up for themselves.. not be victims

how can ANYONE WITH A FREE THINKING MIND AND INDIVIDUAL THOUGHT not find this to be TRUTH? 

these are truth seekers.  not brainwashed facebookers repeating after some pathetic meme. 

I get she 'expected' more of Madonna as a role model for aging women. I mean it worked for Camille as for everyone else, she projected so much onto Madonna, after all that's what stars are for, aren't they? Now she's disappointed Madonna won't fulfill  what she was hoping for, but that's no reason to put her down. She still has Helen and Judy and Jessica and Meryl and all the other gracefully aging dames of the entertainment industry, no point in bashing Madonna because she feels betrayed of what was only her projection and wishful thinking. 

Camille breaks it down and she tells the truth.  She tells some women what they don't want to hear and gets criticized for it.  I think we can guess who those some women are. 

On Monday, January 09, 2017 at 1:12 PM, elijah said:

+1

On 09/02/2017 at 10:34 PM, Lolo said:

I get she 'expected' more of Madonna as a role model for aging women. I mean it worked for Camille as for everyone else, she projected so much onto Madonna, after all that's what stars are for, aren't they? Now she's disappointed Madonna won't fulfill  what she was hoping for, but that's no reason to put her down. She still has Helen and Judy and Jessica and Meryl and all the other gracefully aging dames of the entertainment industry, no point in bashing Madonna because she feels betrayed of what was only her projection and wishful thinking. 

Yes,  Madonna will age how she wants to.  She does not need to take notice of anyone telling her how she should look and age.  She never has in her entire career, so why start now.  Ditto with all women, be yourselves.  

I need her dragging Lena Dunham. I was assaulted by her perpetual nude and sunburn grotesqueness for Girls season six premiere. 

11 hours ago, erotica blu said:

I need her dragging Lena Dunham. I was assaulted by her perpetual nude and sunburn grotesqueness for Girls season six premiere. 

1 hour ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

What is not to love about Camille? she nails it EVERYTIME! :headbang:

she's releasing a new book in March

51c5p29yypL._SX341_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Have mixed feeling toward Paglia even though I still respect her outspokenness & harsh critiques on modern culture. Will probably get out a copy out of library when it becomes available.

Will purchase it In the future if I choose to own a personal copy. I will definitely not spend money on it if it winds up  being a poor/fair book.

No-one cares about this bitter, washed-up old cunt. Feminist my arse. 

On February 14, 2017 at 6:24 PM, CzarnaWisnia said:

she's releasing a new book in March

51c5p29yypL._SX341_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I can't wait!!!! :headbang:

28 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

I can't wait!!!! :headbang:

Me too.  Should be a good read.

10 minutes ago, WeboGirl said:

Me too.  Should be a good read.

Always. Xo