Australian rugby player traveled to the US for sex with six-year-old American boy

Guest Mauro

Guest Mauro
Australian rugby player and geneticist, 33, pleads guilty to travelling to the US to have sex with a six-year-old boy after he was caught in a sting by undercover agents
  • Michael Quinn travelled to the US to try and have sex with a six-year-old
  • He attempted to pay undercover agents $350 to get access to a young boy
  • The 33-year-old Melbourne man has pleaded guilty in a Los Angeles court
  • The rugby player and IVF geneticist faces up to 13 years in a US prison
Australian rugby union player Michael Quinn has entered a guilty plea after he was charged with travelling to the US to have sex with a six-year-old boy.
Quinn, 33, agreed to a plea deal in the US District Court in Los Angeles on Wednesday that will see him spend between 10 to 13 years in a US prison.
The IVF geneticist, from Melbourne, was in the US on a vacation to play in a rugby tournament when he was caught in a sting where he paid an undercover agent posing as a pimp $US260 ($A347) to have sex with a six-year-old.
349FB87600000578-0-image-a-13_1464236092
Australian IVF geneticist Michael Quinn has entered a guilty plea after he was charged with travelling to the US to have sex with a six-year-old boy
An undercover agent was perusing a social networking site catering to online groups who 'expressed their sexual interest in children' when he found a post from Quinn, who went by 'Mick' on the site.
Quinn stated on the site he was travelling from Australia to LA.
The agent started a conversation with Quinn and the Australian told how he was 'looking for sex with children' and while 'he liked both boys and girls, his favourite were boys, aged 5-10'.
'Would love to share one with you mate,' Quinn allegedly told the agent.
The agent set up a sting.
Two days after Quinn landed in Los Angeles and after he settled in with some team-mates at a Hollywood Hills home they had rented, Quinn snuck away.
He caught an Uber to the hotel where the undercover agent had promised a child sex party with 'like-minded men'.
When Quinn arrived, the hotel room was prepped for the 'party', with the Cartoon Network on the TV and Toy Story-themed cupcakes to eat.
Quinn brought a camera and a monopod to record the experience.
After about 10 minutes in the room and a beer, an agent posing as a pimp turned up and announced: 'Money time.'
'Quinn, clearly remembering the previous discussions where he had been told the price would be $US250 to sodomise the boy for approximately an hour, he pulled out his money and gave the pimp $US260,' ICE special agent Aaron McClellan wrote in the criminal complaint.
3583758200000578-0-image-a-41_1466510560
Mr Quinn, who was in the US with his rugby union team, went to a beachside Los Angeles hotel on May 21 under the impression a six-year-old boy would be delivered to him for sex
'After Quinn paid the pimp, law enforcement came into the room and arrested everyone.'
Quinn was originally charged with attempted sex trafficking of a minor, which carries a minimum sentence of 15 years and a maximum of life without parole, but that was dropped in the plea deal.
The charge he pleaded guilty to - travelling to the US for the purpose of engaging in illicit sexual conduct with a minor - carries a maximum penalty of 30 years in prison.

I have a 5 year old. I know this shit happens all the time. It turns my stomach.

I'm glad at least one of these assholes was caught.

If I could cut his dick off myself, I would.

So abhorrent

It's so absurd. Why would they to do that, what kind of urge is that?

My comment is in no way condoning his actions, but I guess for him it would be the urge that heteros feel for the opposite sex and homosexuals for the same sex. There is something chemical in the brain that attracts him to young children. For him it's probably just as strong a sexual urge as we might feel - so strong it can't be tempered by the clear feeling of society (and our laws) on the matter. That doesn't make what he did right, because children can't give consent, and even if they did, you would question it. But I'm never left wondering about motive in cases like this...

Guest bluejean

Reading all these details makes me so angry. What is truly sick about this is the way he objectifies the child in his behaviour and choice of words. I feel sorry for some pedophiles that they have this kind of attraction but to act on it let alone view the child as a piece of meat is pure evil. I've always wondered about pedophiles is... You know how a lot of gay people and even straight people feel a lot of sexual guilt. Do pedophiles experience that? Do they not understand the psychological damage they are doing or are they usually sociopathic?

Anyway, why don't they host these fake parties all the time all around the world and catch as many of them as they can and lock them all up.

One of the things that scare me the most (actually it's the thing that scares me the most) is that these things are just the tip of the iceberg. Pedophilia isn't a thing that can only come from the poor and marginal but in fact from the top and powerful. We would disown ourselves from humanity if we finally discovered what's really happening in this sick and putrid world behind the curtains of power. This problem is way bigger than we can all imagine.

I don't think there's any language with words that can fully express the disgust we feel about this.

Guest bluejean

One of the things that scare me the most (actually it's the thing that scares me the most) is that these things are just the tip of the iceberg. Pedophilia isn't a thing that can only come from the poor and marginal but in fact from the top and powerful. We would disown ourselves from humanity if we finally discovered what's really happening in this sick and putrid world behind the curtains of power. This problem is way bigger than we can all imagine.

What are you referring to? Is this an illuminati theory?