MadonnaNation.com Forums
PetrusPan

Spice Girls thread

PetrusPan    0

so we're still not getting the Geri album?! :(

more than a new spice girls song/album; i have been waiting for GEM solo albums...

one more bossa nova flavored Emma album

spicy Geri album

and whatever style Mel B album...

Agreed, if it's not going to be the full fivesome for a spice album, I'd rather new solo albums from the GEM gals

She did. And that's the most accepted reason of her leaving(though there's the lesbian story between her and Mel B too :chuckle: )

I love Geri but she wasnt the sole reason for the Spice Girls. Yes, they camped it a lot with her especially in performances but when the start of the Spiceworld tour their images were maturing already and becoming more laidback. She didn't solely take the Spice with her when she left. Earl's Court is evidence that they still have Spice even with just the 4 of them. Spice is not just about the clothes and the hairstyle. It's their chemistry together. TBH, I find myself watching Earls Court and the Wembley show more than Istanbul and ROTSG because their performances there was better. It's not as if they suddenly

become a flop girl group once Geri was taken out pf the equation

I loved the Spiceworld Tour! I went to both that show and the reunion tour and even with it being just 4 of them the first time around, that show was everything to me then - and now. The hype on that tour, Geri being there or not, was huge and even though I loved her, I didn't miss her one bit that night. I then saw them on the reunion tour and while it was fun to see all 5 of them, I'll never forget the first time I saw them in person/in concert - The Spice Girls were just the biggest thing in pop music at the time of the Spiceworld tour and it really does add to the excitement.

As far as now goes, it's either 5 or nothing - I can't accept anything less at this point since we've already had a reunion and all 5 participated.

Diversity83    0

They should just perform with a hologram of Vicky and not tell anyone. No would notice since she just stands there anyway

Barney    0

Youll all stop moaning if Adele replaces posh for a tour :lol:

Guest bluejean   
Guest bluejean

I think one of the reasons why Geri quit so abruptly was because she wanted the spotlight solely on her. She mentioned how she didn't feel needed in the group anymore, and I think it was partly cuz the other girls had a lot of performing experience and shone on tour, while Geri didn't and struggled with the dancing. She pretty much created herself through sheer bravado and determination

Please. Geri is the best performer of the lot and had the best solo career out of all 5.

Mel C is the most talented and could have had a serious solo career in her own right if she wasn't tarnished by the association with the Spice Girls.

The others are nothing and would be nothing without the Spice Girls. But as a 5 piece they are iconic and can never work with all 5. Nor can any of them really work as individuals. When Geri left that was the end.

Please. Geri is the best performer of the lot and had the best solo career out of all 5.

Mel C is the most talented and could have had a serious solo career in her own right if she wasn't tarnished by the association with the Spice Girls.

The others are nothing and would be nothing without the Spice Girls. But as a 5 piece they are iconic and can never work with all 5. Nor can any of them really work as individuals. When Geri left that was the end.

:lmao:

No wonder you're a Kylie fan.

Guest bluejean   
Guest bluejean

I'm not really a Kylie fan OR a Spice Girls fan actually.

LVX    0

I used to worship them as a kid. Now I'm kinda embarassed for them.

Je5u5    0

Well she is. It's not that she's a great dancer or a great singer by any means. But just compare what she did for those Brit Awards where they also performed as a 4 some.

I really do find Mel B to be the most pleasing vocalist of the bunch, with Emma right behind. Mel C's voice is way to sharp and nasal for my liking...

Guest bluejean   
Guest bluejean

Bluejean hates everything and everyone except Madonna

Nope. I'm actually a huge music fan. FYI There is a world of music outside of female starlets in their bra and knickers miming/whispering to songs written by a someone more talented.

Guest bluejean   
Guest bluejean

I mean a Janet fan lecturing me about my music tastes in a Spice Girl thread. Can it get anymore ridiculous? :lmao:

Guest bluejean   
Guest bluejean

BJ likes mel c I thought?

I liked her Northern Star album. I think she's a good singer. I haven't really heard any of her music since then apart from that new song.

Barney    0

Download 'the sea' NOW babe!!!! Youll thank me for the tip!

edit - The sea album (make sure you get the one which starts with track 1 the sea, there are versions that came out with a jumbled up tracklist) Its really amazing.

Mensch    0

Download 'the sea' NOW babe!!!! Youll thank me for the tip!

The Sea, Northern Star, & When You're Gone are the best songs she's ever released and the three albums inbetween have like 2-3 good songs on it at best.

Barney    0

The Sea, Northern Star, & When You're Gone are the best songs she's ever released and the three albums inbetween have like 2-3 good songs on it at best.

I did like beautiful intentions for its rawness, there are some great tracks on that one.

Diversity83    0

Bluejean just seems like a very negative person who is always complaining. A real know it all. Probably exhausting to be around in person. But who knows maybe it's just the way he comes across online.

Diversity83    0

And I didn't say anything about your musical tastes so don't condescend to me. I said it seems like you hate everything and everyone. The end

le smoking    0

I really don't like Beautiful Intentions :/ I've only listened to the CD once and never again

I love Reason though, it's very safe but I love all the slower songs especially Do I and Soul Boy