PetrusPan

Spice Girls thread

468 posts in this topic

5iVe Elements have you heard the leaked original version that they performed there? So much better than the version on Forever

Mel B's album was legally delayed a few years ago cuz the man she signed some deal with wasn't coming through or something. Remember when she launched For Once In My Life on Ellen and the Today Show lol

People will lost interest. Posh is the highlight of the group (always been) and Mel C.

Totally, Melanie C has the most musical talent/substance and Posh has the celebrity/fashion/icon thing. That's what most pop stars or groups need. The others are just there. So blah.

People will lost interest. Posh is the highlight of the group (always been) and Mel C.

um no? It's always been about Geri and Mel B's outrageous personalities and Emma's sweet vocals that make up all their harmonies and hooks. Victoria's always said that her and Mel C were the bookends of the group

Vocally, Geri is the most disposable IMO. Emma's voice is the signature of their choruses. Mel C's ad libs cannot be replicated. Mel B owns the rap. And Victoria harmonizes good.

5iVe Elements have you heard the leaked original version that they performed there? So much better than the version on Forever

Mel B's album was legally delayed a few years ago cuz the man she signed some deal with wasn't coming through or something. Remember when she launched For Once In My Life on Ellen and the Today Show lol

I have it! Also with the other 3 tracks. Now if only the other tracks will leak.... *waits for W.O.M.A.N. forever :lmao:

It will never work unless it's all 5 of them.

Their third album including the lead single Holler really were shit. Geri's first 2 solo albums sounded more like the Spice Girls than that shit.

And btw Geri's solo singles were great. Like I said, SO Spice Girls esque in sound, lyrics, attitude etc

Cosmic I did the last one, your turn. :lol: But yeah musically this is her thread anyway. I love her inside out :) Someone said (sorry, dont know what page) Mel might be insecure or a nightmare to be around... I found that really interesting. Sorry, this websites a bit crap on my old laptop. I cant remember who said it. It made me think a lot anyway they are completely right yet sooo wrong.

Shes bubbly, fun and can be seen as 'over nice'. I get that told to me (about me) all the time and im incredibly insecure. Also been called the class clown a lot which is sooo her. It looks like Vic is too although ive never met vic but shes obviously insecure. Maybe thats why Posh said they were the bookends.

Mel likes her music to be done well and put everything into her work, maybe thats why she prefers to be on her own. I wouldve thought so.

I dont listen to Emmas show so dont know if shes playing her song, it would be nice to know if she is. they are the 2 friends out of the group x100 Chris Moyles too on radio X. I cant really get any inside 'spice' info. I dont really know what the 3 recorded or what went on in the studio I just dont know about them. It would be weird to try and find out. I doubt anybody but those threes 'people' would know, I dont think they went in to complete anything specific for a 'spice' single without Mel, I know online there was talk it was for a Bridget Jones song god knows but Mel was in the US.

I just hope they pull it off, even for 1 big show. I imagine Geri and Mel B would push for a tour. Mel and Emma? a full tour? They have other things to do. I do know something! probably told you before. Mel C was fuming at the end of the last tour. FUMING.

She basically put her money and time into her album on her label talked into the tour, LOVED doing it but then the others didnt want to finish it after half the dates no dvd and pissing off fans. edit edit edit.

It will never work unless it's all 5 of them.

Their third album including the lead single Holler really were shit. Geri's first 2 solo albums sounded more like the Spice Girls than that shit.

And btw Geri's solo singles were great. Like I said, SO Spice Girls esque in sound, lyrics, attitude etc

It's because Geri came up with the whole Spice concept. The other girls were lost without her and they knew it

Every Spice Girl is essential. We're not talking aobut Destiny's Child.

Geri was pushy confident and decisive and driven yeah. Ill give her that. To a little lesser extent so was Mel B thats how they went Nuclear but without the others.... There would be no spice girls. There couldve been more talented members but they clicked. There was something for everyone. Nature took its course bringing those 5 together ill say that!

Every Spice Girl is essential. We're not talking about Destiny's Child.

:clap::clap::clap:

Totally, Melanie C has the most musical talent/substance and Posh has the celebrity/fashion/icon thing. That's what most pop stars or groups need. The others are just there. So blah.

Absolutely. It's all 5 or nothing tho.

THE GREATEST FEMALE POP GROUP OF ALL TIME.

Mel B put aggression behind Geri's ideas. Mel B had no vision on her own. I am very sure if Mel B had left Geri would've kept the 4 together.

Vision? Geri quit in the middle of the tour. She had no vision.

Absolutely. It's all 5 or nothing tho.

THE GREATEST FEMALE POP GROUP OF ALL TIME.

this so much

Vision? Geri quit in the middle of the tour. She had no vision.

I think one of the reasons why Geri quit so abruptly was because she wanted the spotlight solely on her. She mentioned how she didn't feel needed in the group anymore, and I think it was partly cuz the other girls had a lot of performing experience and shone on tour, while Geri didn't and struggled with the dancing. She pretty much created herself through sheer bravado and determination

She did. And that's the most accepted reason of her leaving(though there's the lesbian story between her and Mel B too :chuckle: )

I love Geri but she wasnt the sole reason for the Spice Girls. Yes, they camped it a lot with her especially in performances but when the start of the Spiceworld tour their images were maturing already and becoming more laidback. She didn't solely take the Spice with her when she left. Earl's Court is evidence that they still have Spice even with just the 4 of them. Spice is not just about the clothes and the hairstyle. It's their chemistry together. TBH, I find myself watching Earls Court and the Wembley show more than Istanbul and ROTSG because their performances there was better. It's not as if they suddenly

become a flop girl group once Geri was taken out pf the equation

Listen, there are 5 spices that make up the spice girls. Even with just 4, it still wasn't the same!!

I've always gotten the impression Mel B is extremely difficult to work with. Just a hunch.

I've always gotten the impression Mel B is extremely difficult to work with. Just a hunch.

Me too

Mel B has had problems with all of them except Emma

She did. And that's the most accepted reason of her leaving(though there's the lesbian story between her and Mel B too :chuckle: )

I love Geri but she wasnt the sole reason for the Spice Girls. Yes, they camped it a lot with her especially in performances but when the start of the Spiceworld tour their images were maturing already and becoming more laidback. She didn't solely take the Spice with her when she left. Earl's Court is evidence that they still have Spice even with just the 4 of them. Spice is not just about the clothes and the hairstyle. It's their chemistry together. TBH, I find myself watching Earls Court and the Wembley show more than Istanbul and ROTSG because their performances there was better. It's not as if they suddenly

become a flop girl group once Geri was taken out pf the equation

Earl's Court is so underrated. The costumes were cute and the arrangements with the brass section were great esp Who Do You Think You Are. And the Say You'll Be There acapella. And the grand finale aka falling backwards into the trap door :lmao: Mel C was soo annoying in it though

David Sinclair's book mentions that in his 489342 interviews with people who worked with them through the years, nobody had anything negative to say about them, apart from Mel B. He hinted that a lot of people didn't want to help her out when she started to flop cuz of how badly she treated them before

Yes Mel B is a pain in the ass. She's still gorgeous though.

The David Sinclair book is amazing!

Every Spice Girl is essential. We're not talking aobut Destiny's Child.

:lmao: :lmao: