PetrusPan

Spice Girls thread

467 posts in this topic

The song is not as catchy as a Bieber or Zayn song though. Plus she appeals to a very different demographic.

rosiespoof_0.jpg

Must admit, I find the track just too try hard with that Bieber production.

Generica

basically mel c isn't doing it cause victoria isn't on board.

But a few months back she was on board with the idea of a 4 piece reunion. I'm pretty sure she clashed with Mel B (as always) and she didn't want to record new material (like she didn't want to do back in 2007 for the GH, she said recently that she didn't like those songs and it was just plain marketing).

But a few months back she was on board with the idea of a 4 piece reunion. I'm pretty sure she clashed with Mel B (as always) and she didn't want to record new material (like she didn't want to do back in 2007 for the GH, she said recently that she didn't like those songs and it was just plain marketing).

The rumours must be true then, about Mel C backing out when Geraldine and Mel B wanted to replace Victoria through a talent show. Which is probably why Mel B unfollowed Mel C on social media

Mel C said she ended up liking Headlines though. I think I asked her that during her twitter video Q+A lol

Why can't they just find common ground and write and record new music they ALL approve of?

Headlines fucking sucked tbqh and made that little reunion forgettable. Plus Geri wore that ugly moo-moo in the press conference announcement which pretty killed all chances of that reunion from having anykind of success

And why exactly is Vicky not doing it? Cause she doesn't have the confidence? I don't buy it

She was very vocal about her excitement for the reunion in 2007

Victoria is a designer now, a very important one. She's not interested, that's all. She said back in 2007 that she did the reuinion because her children never saw her perform. There's nothing wrong with it.

Anyway, I hope the new Melanie C album is as amazing as a The Sea (her best album after NS). I'm not feeling this new song she just released, it sounds like a basic Bieber wannabe track.

I'm only a casual fan of them, but I think the 5 is such an iconic thing and they shouldn't do it unless it's all 5 of them.

I don't see how they can do it without recording new music, because they have a limited discography or otherwise it's going to be exactly the same as the previous reunion they did.

Victoria is a designer now, a very important one. She's not interested, that's all. She said back in 2007 that she did the reuinion because her children never saw her perform. There's nothing wrong with it.

Anyway, I hope the new Melanie C album is as amazing as a The Sea (her best album after NS). I'm not feeling this new song she just released, it sounds like a basic Bieber wannabe track.

Ya exactly. She said that she was already over performing 2 weeks into the tour, and she had to be coaxed like crazy into doing the Olympics. I think it's a combination of moving onto a career that she's successful at and the bad memories she has of being a singer - she was always "the one who can't sing" (well more than the others :lol:) and the press absolutely ravaged her solo career. In some ways I think her super guarded persona these days is a result of the press getting to her :( she almost got out of the car right before the Olympics performance cuz of her nerves before Emma calmed her down

Ya exactly. She said that she was already over performing 2 weeks into the tour, and she had to be coaxed like crazy into doing the Olympics. I think it's a combination of moving onto a career that she's successful at and the bad memories she has of being a singer - she was always "the one who can't sing" (well more than the others :lol:) and the press absolutely ravaged her solo career. In some ways I think her super guarded persona these days is a result of the press getting to her :( she almost got out of the car right before the Olympics performance cuz of her nerves before Emma calmed her down

Poor Posh. Ok not poor, but you know what I mean.

I still think Mel will do it, shes quite professional. If they are arsing about with nothing set in stone and going into the studio not waiting for her, shes not going to put her plans on hold for them. She did that the last tour, if they put it' together' correctly she'll do it. :sheena:

PS there shoulve been a new documentary uploaded onto bbc iplayer today, maybe even itunes. I havent checked. Its an official one, famous people being inspired by spice.

Yes, its on now, Iplayer. Spice Superfans. (its a bit short 'oh')

Fuck Victoria just put on a black dress and heels and stand there and point. You have no lines anyway

Wtf is Mel C's obsession with Victoria?

Uh, maybe because they're genuine friends...and Mel C thought the idea of replacing her with a reality show was some tacky, stupid shit. Good on her.

Victoria tried to get Mel C kicked out of the group before they got famous.

Mel C seems to be bffls with a new member every era. She also seems sensitive, unstable and in need of constant reassurance. Probably very annoying and exhausting to be around

Uh, maybe because they're genuine friends...and Mel C thought the idea of replacing her with a reality show was some tacky, stupid shit. Good on her.

Face facts, the spice girls are old and this reunion is as exciting as a west life reunion.

I like your picture of Dorothy :) the original and much better version of the spice girls!!! If they were not dead a golden girls reunion would be heaven. Blanche a lesbian ( you can tell she was just about pissing herself laughing when they filmed that scene ) ;)

Victoria tried to get Mel C kicked out of the group before they got famous.

Ok. They clearly got over it.

Regardless, the idea of a reality show to find a new spice girl is just tacky as hell and almost 20 years too late.

Face facts, the spice girls are old and this reunion is as exciting as a west life reunion.

Oh I don't really care either way. I think their 2007 reunion tour was as good as any reunion could ever get, and they fucked that up by not finishing and not properly releasing it for broadcast/sale. Then they could just be done with the whole thing.

Oh I don't really care either way. I think their 2007 reunion tour was as good as any reunion could ever get, and they fucked that up by not finishing and not properly releasing it for broadcast/sale. Then they could just be done with the whole thing.

This.

This to all of VogueMusic's posts.

What happened to Geri's or Mel B's albums??? I have no idea about what they do. I know Mel B is on talent shows.

What happened to Geri's or Mel B's albums??? I have no idea about what they do. I know Mel B is on talent shows.

Geri is now baking and her album is probably going to be shit. Both Geri and Mel B have been working on these new albums for YEARS.

Who cares, really. I wish Emma would do another album. She's my second fav solo Spice.

Anyway, I'm a in a deep Mel C mood! I'm listening to the albums, b-sides. Everything! Can you open a MEL C thread Barney? Should we just talk about her solo work in here?

Mel C keeps Spiceworld flourishing. This is HER thread

People will lost interest. Posh is the highlight of the group (always been) and Mel C.

Feeling this right now