Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SPM

Favorite Blond Ambition?

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which Blond Ambition city was the best?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

115 posts in this topic

It's pretty obvious she went for a different look for that show, Heat and humidity don't suddenly transform tight ringlets into a huge poodle-type perm look (a shorter version of which she also sported in Dick Tracy for the most part) The previous show in Vigo her tight curls basically fell out into a straight middle-shed a few songs in, so I think she tried something different here which yes, at various points under that stage lighting, looks like a big ol' afro before it collapses into a stringy mess.

Now, if only they'd continued with the tradition of filming multiple shows, we wouldn't have been stuck with that DWT mullet for prosperity, But that's another story..

One day I pray a Euro leg version of DWT will leak in full. Even a feed from the screens would be to die for. The hair and costumes are so much better (obviously.)

I was also watching Re-invention footage today and I have to say... The gold corset is also waaay better than the purple thing used in IGTTYAS.

Didn't they also record the night before of the DWT HBO broadcast?

Yes

detroit_dwsfl01.jpg

Mama makeup confirmed a few weeks ago on Instagram that the hair for Barcelona was intended Madonna requested a volumnizer be used on her hair it seems she was trying to replicate the Dick tracy hair.

I love that Mama Makeup is discussing this all important detail :lmao: How long I wonder until Lady Gaga requests the 'Barcelona Afro?'

Mama Makeup looks like she's....er...fallen on hard times or something. It's a shame. Glad she cleared up the dumb "humidity" stuff though.

I wonder if Madonna herself prefers the Japan one were she sounds great and had the ponytail or the more energetic Nice show were she sounds less good and had the curls.

Why weren't the curtains used on the Yokohama show? There's a red velvet curtain that comes down after Where's the Party and gives way to the Like a Virgin Performance. This same curtain comes down after Papa Don't Preach and is present for the entire Dick Tracy act of the show. On Yokohama the curtains were not used; Maybe technical issues?  :wacko:

13 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

Why weren't the curtains used on the Yokohama show? There's a red velvet curtain that comes down after Where's the Party and gives way to the Like a Virgin Performance. This same curtain comes down after Papa Don't Preach and is present for the entire Dick Tracy act of the show. On Yokohama the curtains were not used; Maybe technical issues?  :wacko:

Wasn't it because of the intense winds? You can see the candles shaking in the wind and her ponytail flying all over the place.

Nice.  I was 16, on my first holiday without my parents to visit friends in America and watched this on HBO.  It is what made me a Madonna fan.  

Japan!!!

:madonna2:

There was someone here who said the inhouse version of nice was bad because i saw one called blond ambition nice in-house (remastered audio) it was 4.8 GB and it was great quality. Buch better than those aweful torrent rips of the laser disc. It looked like they did something to the picture because the sharpness was increased a bit and brightness reduced a little. It looked good in my opinion, and remember I am never satisfied.

Always been obsessed with Japan show. Even purchased outdated VHS tape for my collection.

Think will rewatch Nice concert since it was voted best out of the three.