MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shaun

Favorite Blond Ambition?

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which Blond Ambition city was the best?

There was BA Tour DVD I saw on amazon a while ago, that I was going to purchase, but can somebody tell me if that was official or if it was a bootleg? If it's a bootleg, what can I expect the quality of the recording to be like?

if its a houston show its horrible!!!

There was BA Tour DVD I saw on amazon a while ago, that I was going to purchase, but can somebody tell me if that was official or if it was a bootleg? If it's a bootleg, what can I expect the quality of the recording to be like?

Lol.

Guest bluejean

Don't pay for a bootleg off amazon. Download Nice or Japan laserdisc rips from a torrent.

Okay, thanks people. :)

PM me if you want a good quality BAT DVD

Barcelona for nostalgic reasons.

And for the pleasure of seeing Niki having a really hard time take off her jacket on Express Yourself.

:lol:

I womder why they never released Paris in the first place. Can you imagine TOD with the Nice show? Ugh.

Let's get real, she didn't give a fuck about the show and Nice was just released because of the Pioneer deal.

TOD was going to be just the full show with some backstage stuff, but then she said she realized the backstage moments were more interesting than the show itself. She said that herself during lots of interviews (Dinner with Madonna on MTV for ex and some print interviews).

Nice is the best one, imo. Just wished she had performed wearing the iconic ponytail for that show.

I just watched pieces of Barcelona. It actually has some really great angles...lots of longer shots, audience shots, crane shots, etc. It gives you the feel that you're in the stadium with the audience, and you can see the whole stage setup more. Feels a bit more pumped up than Nice (plus her attitude that night). Fun to watch.

The hair looks great by the time she gets to Like a Virgin and Like a Prayer, much much better than Nice.

By the time that faux-afro collapses after three songs, it's just plastered across her face most of the time...the constant hand swipes to push it away are distracting. Glad she went back to the regular curls for Nice.

I just watched pieces of Barcelona. It actually has some really great angles...lots of longer shots, audience shots, crane shots, etc. It gives you the feel that you're in the stadium with the audience, and you can see the whole stage setup more. Feels a bit more pumped up than Nice (plus her attitude that night). Fun to watch.

Well they were an infinitely better audience and that energy shows in the footage, but it's sooo badly filmed on the whole, and misses so many key moments on stage.

The barcelona had the worst taping and editing, just watch Vogue, when she is doing her most famous moves in the first chorus we get an audience shot, lol, horrible, and she is in such a pissy mood. For me it is the worst of the three

Barcelona also had very noticeable sound problems throughout the whole show, still prefer it over the Yokohama show though

The barcelona had the worst taping and editing, just watch Vogue, when she is doing her most famous moves in the first chorus we get an audience shot, lol, horrible, and she is in such a pissy mood. For me it is the worst of the three

Well, it was a live broadcast, it wasn't nearly as bad as the WTG Tour from Turin...

Barcelona also had very noticeable sound problems throughout the whole show, still prefer it over the Yokohama show though

She talks about this in truth or dare backstage when shes in the vogue costume 'The monitors keep cutting out on the stage and hes just standing there like there's nothing going on'

She talks about this in truth or dare backstage when shes in the vogue costume 'The monitors keep cutting out on the stage and hes just standing there like there's nothing going on'

Yes! Love that part! Also love the 'definitely one of the all time worst' From Nice

In Keep it Together she says 'strange people walk on my stage...they put shit on me...i can't hear myself...i'd like to fucking kill somebody..."

Yes! Love that part! Also love the 'definitely one of the all time worst' From Nice

In Keep it Together she says 'strange people walk on my stage...they put shit on me...i can't hear myself...i'd like to fucking kill somebody..."

did she hate the nice show?

Barcelona for nostalgic reasons.

And for the pleasure of seeing Niki having a really hard time take off her jacket on Express Yourself.

:lol:

Never noticed it !!!!! I have to see it

I love the Barcelona show. Imo her hair looks really good after the first few songs. It's almost as if she's in a rehearsal. :D

The show is so messy, but very fun to watch.

The hair were a mess because of the weather. It was humid as hell, the didn't want an afro.

It's pretty obvious she went for a different look for that show, Heat and humidity don't suddenly transform tight ringlets into a huge poodle-type perm look (a shorter version of which she also sported in Dick Tracy for the most part) The previous show in Vigo her tight curls basically fell out into a straight middle-shed a few songs in, so I think she tried something different here which yes, at various points under that stage lighting, looks like a big ol' afro before it collapses into a stringy mess.

Now, if only they'd continued with the tradition of filming multiple shows, we wouldn't have been stuck with that DWT mullet for prosperity, But that's another story..

Guest bluejean

I womder why they never released Paris in the first place. Can you imagine TOD with the Nice show? Ugh.

Wouldn't the film footage be owned by whoever distributed the film so she couldn't simply use that for a separate release. That's why she went and signed the live HBO broadcast deal for a separate broadcast/release of the full show.

In reality we're lucky they let her release both.

I guess the original plan was to do a Prince Sign O The Times type music concert film.

Guest bluejean

It's pretty obvious she went for a different look for that show, Heat and humidity don't suddenly transform tight ringlets into a huge poodle-type perm look (a shorter version of which she also sported in Dick Tracy for the most part) The previous show in Vigo her tight curls basically fell out into a straight middle-shed a few songs in, so I think she tried something different here which yes, at various points under that stage lighting, looks like a big ol' afro before it collapses into a stringy mess.

Now, if only they'd continued with the tradition of filming multiple shows, we wouldn't have been stuck with that DWT mullet for prosperity, But that's another story..

One day I pray a Euro leg version of DWT will leak in full. Even a feed from the screens would be to die for. The hair and costumes are so much better (obviously.)

I was also watching Re-invention footage today and I have to say... The gold corset is also waaay better than the purple thing used in IGTTYAS.

Didn't they also record the night before of the DWT HBO broadcast?