MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shaun

Favorite Blond Ambition?

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which Blond Ambition city was the best?

Guest bluejean

Japan is poorly filmed, low in energy and missing those beautiful curtains. The audience looks like they're watching My Fair Lady.

Watch Papa Don't Preach and it looks like she's about to get blown away.

Guest bluejean

I really do suspect the reason Nice has never been re-released is because of the horrendous vocals. Let's be honest, it would have been very simple to slap that out on DVD when Girlie and WTG came out. We know the Paris vocals would have been far superior. And of course the footage would be beyond amazing. I have lost hope that that will ever see the light of day.

I can't understand why TVT never got a release though.

She could so easily release the Nice show if she wanted, but I can see why she wouldnt, it would showcase her worst vocals. That is why I said she would probably rather want to relrase the Japan show but I dont think that's hers to release

I'm just watching the one from Yokohama right now!! :madonna2:

and what do you think?

Yes!!

Like that version submitted to HBO. I think it's Houston or something. The US shows were the peak of the tour. All the energy, proper curtains, ponytail, good vocals.

I always try to get into the Japan version but I get bored by the 3rd song.

Then I flip over to Nice and it's like nails on a chalkboard hearing her sing. It's amazing they filmed like 10 versions of this show and yet there is no definitive version!

She sounded amazing on that New Jersey show, too bad only the audio leaked...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RrVIPwWGwDM

ITG is also on video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qzT81SI1_7U

I truly want to take a weekend or so and watch every full show of the BAT in order just to see it progress, see the mistakes, the flawlessness....everything! This is probably impossible. I'd at least love to see what IS available in ITS order. It's just that kind of show. The same can be said for GS too!

Guest bluejean

Remember when she said they *might* release a mix of different shows :lol: I can just imagine the hair changing in each shot :lmao:

I hate Blond Ambition. It's not a cohesive show.

jks. I'd say Yokahoma! Ponytail and strong vocals!

Remember when she said they *might* release a mix of different shows :lol: I can just imagine the hair changing in each shot :lmao:

OMG can you imagine? AHAHAHAHAHA.

how can the superior picture quality and vocals not be a major factor? The Nice show is in such poor quality. Japan show is clearer than GS and DWT. It is a huge factor for me

Everyone has different reasons for picking their faves. Many people feel an emotional attachment to Nice and think she put on a better show in general, regardless of film quality.

Everyone has different reasons for picking their faves. Many people feel an emotional attachment to Nice and think she put on a better show in general, regardless of film quality.

true, I just have a thing for good film quality that is why I love the Japan show, I like the Nice show very much, but the inferiour picture quality is a turn off for me, you can immagine my disappointment with the MDNA random bad quality shots inbetween HD shots, almost unwatchable for me, almost 😊

Blond Ambition tour was the neatest tour ever :lmao:

I would choose Nice. the curls the attitude the audiance.

But for the music and vocals I ll put on my headfhones and wacht japan laserdisc rip it's just the best out there.

I can 't believe we're waiting for 25 years for the paris show to be released

one interesting question, which one would madonna want to release, paris show not included! I use the word "want" very loosly but I am VERY curious to know if she would prefer the Japan or Nice show now in 2016

how can the superior picture quality and vocals not be a major factor? The Nice show is in such poor quality. Japan show is clearer than GS and DWT. It is a huge factor for me

Just exactly what footage r u comparing? Peoples uploads from their VHS recordings vs a Laser Disc rip?

Obviously any proper realease would stem from the original recorded master with proper editing

& 'remixed' audio...not some NTSC tv-broadcast. Although given her track record...who can tell :chuckle:

Her vocals in Japan sound, thin, unsure & pitchy 2 me...

Nice is a lot more passionate.

Guest bluejean

one interesting question, which one would madonna want to release, paris show not included! I use the word "want" very loosly but I am VERY curious to know if she would prefer the Japan or Nice show now in 2016

Neither obviously

Just exactly what footage r u comparing? Peoples uploads from their VHS recordings vs a Laser Disc rip?

Obviously any proper realease would stem from the original recorded master with proper editing

& 'remixed' audio...not some NTSC tv-broadcast. Although given her track record...who can tell :chuckle:

Her vocals in Japan sound, thin, unsure & pitchy 2 me...

Nice is a lot more passionate.

rip from original japan laser disc

Guest bluejean

There was already an in-house DVD that leaked.... picture quality is not bad but the audio is the same old. I honestly don't think we'd get anything better than it.

Barcelona for nostalgic reasons : it is the version that was aired in Canada.

Je suis la chef!!

and

Ma bite est dure!

from Nice show is one of the many reason why it's the best. Japan she seems bored, Barcelona... ok. Nice she blown the stage away. The raw vocal makes it more natural. Come on it's not her worst vocal at all. Let's remember 4 minutes during the Hard candy promo tour.........

There was already an in-house DVD that leaked.... picture quality is not bad but the audio is the same old. I honestly don't think we'd get anything better than it.

Where is it? They would never release a DVD with a TV audio mix, that's is impossible.

Guest bluejean

Where is it? They would never release a DVD with a TV audio mix, that's is impossible.

It's on my computer. There was some skepticism but I believe it's the real deal. TVT was also leaked. And FYI it's compressed to pretty ordinary quality, about 4GB in size. But even so it looks noticeably superior to the laserdisc in terms of the color grading and all of that.

And what do you mean by "TV audio mix?" It was released on Laserdisc with that audio mix.