Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SPM

Favorite Blond Ambition?

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which Blond Ambition city was the best?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

115 posts in this topic

At Bat-Fan's suggestion, here is a Blond Ambition poll. I have included the three professional releases we received. Vote for your fave!

thank you ☺

Holiday from Nice was one of the first videos of Madonna I can remember seeing, so that one will always have a special place in my heart.

Japan

Japan because the blond ponytail is iconic. And I prefered her not messing around too much in MG and CAC!

I would love a version of Nice with Yokohama vocals. That would be perfect :lmao:

We really need a proper recording of one of the US indoor shows

Japan. Just because of the ponytail. :madonna2:

We really need a proper recording of one of the US indoor shows

Yes!!

Like that version submitted to HBO. I think it's Houston or something. The US shows were the peak of the tour. All the energy, proper curtains, ponytail, good vocals.

I always try to get into the Japan version but I get bored by the 3rd song.

Then I flip over to Nice and it's like nails on a chalkboard hearing her sing. It's amazing they filmed like 10 versions of this show and yet there is no definitive version!

The highlight of the Barcelona version is really her hair.

Japan because of the iconic ponytail and great vocals still not affected by laryngitis. I love the Nice recording too.

I voted for Japan because of all of the reasons already mentioned, but can we take a moment to appreciate this ICONIC quote from Barcelona:

"Get the FUCK outta my FUCKIN' way! No! It's too hot!"

Japan is so boring & the vocals r overrated...too 'light' 4 may taste.

BAT needs that husky drag voice otherwise it ain't BAT ...sorry.

As 4 the pony tail...It looks good in stills, I'll say that.

Last time I saw Nice it's entirety was in a bar across from

Sport Palace in Antwerp...a few hours before the Antwerp RHT...

It was so goooood & loud, everyone was singing and dancing!

Japan is so boring & the vocals r overrated...too 'light' 4 may taste.

BAT needs that husky drag voice otherwise it ain't BAT ...sorry.

As 4 the pony tail...It looks good in stills, I'll say that.

Last time I saw Nice it's entirety was in a bar across from

Sport Palace in Antwerp...a few hours before the Antwerp RHT...

It was so goooood & loud, everyone was singing and dancing!

how is japan show boring? because of the audience? I think she gave a perfect performance and her vocals are great

how is japan show boring? because of the audience? I think she gave a perfect performance and her vocals are great

It seems kinda slow compared 2 Barcelona & Nice

and yes the crowd...no thanx.

at least the crowd isnt thowing eater bottles at her 😊

I prefer Japan, the make up was better, I loved the pony tail, with make up I mean her eyebrows, they were slightly different plus her voice omg that CAC version

The best part about Nice is how long the dramatic pause in Live To Tell had gotten by the end of the tour. Compare these two videos. In Japan, the earliest stage of the tour, the pause lasted less than a minute. By the time the last leg rolled around, the dramatics lasted nearly a minute and a half. It was so EPIC and drawn out.

1:50 - 2:41

1:51 - 3:08

The picture and audio quality in the japan show is so much better than the Nice show. Did they use different film? Picture quality of the Nice is pretty crappy

For me I prefer the Japan one

Japan show is the superior one for me. Her voice was much better and she looked so good. The picture quality and sound of the Japan show is much better also, the picture is much clearer. I have direct rip from both laser discs converted to dvd and there is no comparing those two shows, in fact, the picture quality of a good rip of the Japan show is considetably better than the picture quality of both Girlie Show and even DWT DVD, and sonically the Japan show is better, those japanese sound enginereers sure know their stuff. So quality of recording has to be a factor. The Nice show is super fun but inferiour picture quality and horrid vocals are a turn off and I hate those extra purple and yellow lights they added. The Japan show doesnt have this super lighting and in some ways looks darker but I like it. The wind also created a natural feel that I love, like a real life wind machine, too bad they were probably freezing. I dont get when people complain that she was stiff in the Japan show. Obviously things had loosened up and evolved from the 6th show to the end but she is not stiff or boring, her moves are maybe more carefully thought out without much improvising but she is giving a wonderful performance. And she is making jokes and all, CAC is great; "I dont know why they send me these twinkies, I gotta hurt them. Her name is Donna, no, dont give her a hand, she hasn't done anything" she has half my name though and she got the second half. So funny and bitchy. And another one: Dick made a record... What, you cant sing, well neither can I and look how far I have gotten, best quote ever. And who cares if the curtains didn't come down, that happened in several other shows. And the audience, yes I admit, too polite but at least they are not throwing water bottles at her. Bottom line, all shows are great but Japan show is the superior one and I have a feeling Madonna would pick it over the Nice one if either show were to be released on DVD, which of course will never happen. You should give the Japan show a second look if you think it's boring, cause it is really fantastic show.

More emotion with Nice and Barcelona

Barcelona has that crazy yellow cast I don't like

Nice, just for kicks. Love the cursing. The random t shirt guy