Failed Military Coup In Turkey And Aftermath

Breaking News: Talks about Turkey joing the EU postponed to 2080.

Since 1960 there are talks, and talks will go on and on. Majority of turkish people doenst want to become a EU member. Those negotiatons are just play. Turkey doesnt need EU.

anyways, isnĀ“t it really incredible , and dangerous, to avoid a legal president to land in your country?

Dangerous? Wouldn't know how. Incredible? Absolutely. Because it is a sign of what they think of Erdogan. Let's face it most governments wants to see him out. He has pissed off way too many people with his politics and behaviour. Most governments see him as a dictator. And why support a dictator?

Since 1960 there are talks, and talks will go on and on. Majority of turkish people doenst want to become a EU member. Those negotiatons are just play. Turkey doesnt need EU.

Considering the ongoing situation I will keep my mouth shut for the moment about what Turkey needs and what Turkish people want or don't want.

I feel like the world is quickly heading toward one major calamity the likes of which we have never seen before. There is just so much shit happening all at once. And it seems like soooooo many countries are simply fed up with their current governments.

Dangerous? Wouldn't know how. Incredible? Absolutely. Because it is a sign of what they think of Erdogan. Let's face it most governments wants to see him out. He has pissed off way too many people with his politics and behaviour. Most governments see him as a dictator. And why support a dictator?

dangerous because he will remember it always.in fact, it seems he won,and now,he has a reason to fuck the german government

dangerous because he will remember it always.in fact, it seems he won,and now,he has a reason to fuck the german government

Let him try. Looking forward to. He needs a reminder of what real power is. Germany will put him in his place. Actually I was a little bit dissatisfied that he or his advisors did not pull through with their intentions to cancel all international treaties. I guess someone told him what that would mean and that this is no one way street and hundreds of thousands of Turkish people losing their working and residential permission for Germany would not fare too well with his people. He will get a taste this summer what it means messing with the Germans. Today the German foreign ministry will declare Turkey a dangerous country and will issue a travel warning to German citizens. In result German citizens have the right to cancel their trips to Turkey free of charge. And this will happen in large numbers. The tourism industry will suffer big time. They are already suffering big time because Erdogan did not only piss off the Germans, he has pissed off the Russians as well, who are next to the Germans the biggest group of tourists in Turkey.

I always say, if you are a country that heavily relies on tourism, never piss the Germans off. You will regret it. There is no country on this planet whose citizens spend as much money as the Germans when it comes to travelling. People may not like the Germans for whatever reason, but they like their money. And it's not like you need to go to Turkey. Greece is beautiful. Croatia too. Just as Italy and Spain. And London has become much cheaper recently.

Just watching CNN and this doesn't even look like a coup anymore. The military is not acting at all, some soldiers even waving Turkish flags. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if this was indeed a big charade as some people have already suggested. We will see what measures will be taken once Erdogan is back. Meaning taking away certain civil rights. And the people have been manipulated to a point that they will support it no matter what. Things like that happened before. Just google "Reichstagsbrand".

i think it is kind of fake thing...

all theatrical... :)

police arresting the soldiers?.. soldiers of the turkish army?.. this is desperately funny!.. and so dangerous

military is the secular wing of Turkey. Since his first day, Erdo wanted to get rid of the army. And slowly, he did it. He "muted" the military.

erdo needed this fake militarist act;

he called upon his "people" to the streets; to the airport... :/ to save him!..

Now; tomorrow we're gonna see the headlines: people of erdo saved their beloved president!

this military is not the same turkish military... it was dead few years ago!.. if the turkish military was still "alive" we wouldnt have the Daech/isis today. Just in few seconds!..

and yes... it's coming! :(

all the islamists are now in the streets...

so sad,

AtatĆ¼rk reforms are all gone now!.. I won't be surprised if they'll build minarets in Anıtkabır (AtatĆ¼rk's mausoleum in Ankara)

im very sad reading this :sad:

I hoped the army removed this cunt who polluted the middle east with Daech/ISIS

Thank God we have an army and we get rid of Morsy before he turns the military at his side , no wonder both Erdogan and Morsy were best friends.

Be careful, Petrus!!!!!

My BIL and SIL are supposed to be going to Istanbul at the end of this month. My SIL is Turkish, born in Ankara. We visited in '08 when they got married. The best trip I ever took.

Her parents still live in Istanbul. I'm nervous for them.Not sure if they are still going. I'm sure my MIL is going to try to talk them out of it.

makes me so sad that so many horrible things have happened there in recent years. :( I love Turkey so much.

he is already powerful.... he set his throne way before he became the PM... he and his team worked so hard undercover.

they're from the islamist group in turkey.

for years *since the day of republic* we(today's minority; the secular crowd) ignored these islamists. and they all worked so hard undercover.

now he just did a charade... to sit his throne stronger; he gonna say "my people protected me"

right now, a civil war or something worse is on the way as far as i see; kurds, syrian refugees, islamists, and sub groups of these groups will crash...

but we the secular minority will be the sad losers. :)

Take good care Petrus!

It really looks like a stunt for him to prove how much he is loved by the people. This is shit news for the Syrian issue, ISIS and the Russian situation.

Funnelling money into ISIS and taking down a Russian jet only to crawl back begging for forgiveness probably only two things in a long list of glaring idiocy.

What about his "bargaining" with the EU about the handling of the millions of refugees trying to make their way to the Balcans and the rest of Europe?

Hopefully this coup doesn't turn into a nasty civil war. Wishing you the best, especially for your upcoming trip.

Indeed

Take good care too Jaron

Be careful, Petrus!!!!!

My BIL and SIL are supposed to be going to Istanbul at the end of this month. My SIL is Turkish, born in Ankara. We visited in '08 when they got married. The best trip I ever took.

Her parents still live in Istanbul. I'm nervous for them.Not sure if they are still going. I'm sure my MIL is going to try to talk them out of it.

makes me so sad that so many horrible things have happened there in recent years. :( I love Turkey so much.

:(

Wishing for the best possible outcome for them and for all the Turkish people

i think it is kind of fake thing...

all theatrical... :)

police arresting the soldiers?.. soldiers of the turkish army?.. this is desperately funny!.. and so dangerous

military is the secular wing of Turkey. Since his first day, Erdo wanted to get rid of the army. And slowly, he did it. He "muted" the military.

erdo needed this fake militarist act;

he called upon his "people" to the streets; to the airport... :/ to save him!..

Now; tomorrow we're gonna see the headlines: people of erdo saved their beloved president!

this military is not the same turkish military... it was dead few years ago!.. if the turkish military was still "alive" we wouldnt have the Daech/isis today. Just in few seconds!..

and yes... it's coming! :(

all the islamists are now in the streets...

so sad,

AtatĆ¼rk reforms are all gone now!.. I won't be surprised if they'll build minarets in Anıtkabır (AtatĆ¼rk's mausoleum in Ankara)

Absolutely dreadful

If it was all a stunt then he's potentially succeeding in galvanising a group of people that don't need any more galvanising at the moment.

Turkey is the last fundamental chess piece for the West plan to take down Assad. With Russia right around the corner, ever watchful. Scary indeed.

The coup has to do with the fact that solders in training, in Turkey, must get a handjob or blowjob before joining the Turkish army to prove they are not gay. There was a thread abut it not long ago.

As if turkish tourism relies only on german tourists.

One year the tourism sectore may be not doing fine, but that doesnt affect on turkish economy which increases everyyear and this year there going to be a 3,5 growth ! Since 2002 turkish economy is on growth and weatlh came in every corner. Thank god,

as the other parties would have done better.

We have seen what others did in the 90s 80s....

The normal life came back after this stupid little stant.

ALso this presidial system is nothing new, back in the 90s CHP wanted it by themselves. Now Erdogan is blamed for it. How funny.

The presidial system will not change in the democracy of Turkey.