Is there a thread to discuss how shit and annoying hearing about Pokemon Go is

Guest bluejean

It's so weird that this is what people choose to bitch about in this day and age when there's so much hate and divisiveness... you'd think anything that brings people together would be a good thing for the world!

All of you that don't like it can fuck off! It's amazing and engaging, fun and informative!

All the haters must be the same haters that don't watch game of thrones and LOVE American horror story and Britney's new song go dance to that and leave Pokemon alone!

I think you need help, seriously, if you think that someone who is not jumping on a bandwagon or doesn't like something means that he/she is a hater.

Anyway, back to the game, I unfollowed all my friends from Facebook who are posting about this. I mean, play it, it's your right, but don't spam others with printscreens and pictures about it.

I think you need help, seriously, if you think that someone who is not jumping on a bandwagon or doesn't like something means that he/she is a hater.

Anyway, back to the game, I unfollowed all my friends from Facebook who are posting about this. I mean, play it, it's your right, but don't spam others with printscreens and pictures about it.

You're just fucking trolling. I don't think you need to jump on any bandwagon if you're not inclined to. Who are you to be the judge and jury of what someone else puts on their Facebook. I got five G's for you! Good god girl get a grip! 😂😂😂 you're ridiculous.

Guest bluejean

the idea of hating something you don't get continues to grow as fads grow stronger.

I've never been a "hater" for something I didn't get. I honestly dislike or "hate" on something I don't LIKE.

Like Taylor swift, Justin beiber, American horror story etc..I think something is bad after giving it a try or understanding it, then I just think it sucks.

People that haven't given it a shot (same with game of thrones) hate because they don't give it a shot. I mean, if you don't have any interest, that's fine too. I didn't either until my coworker convinced me to try it out. Lol

I'm glad I did!

I don't need to try everything to know if it's a waste of time or not.

They are now trying to claim it's a great social activity "getting people out of the house." I saw 2 guys on the news in London saying they met playing Pokemon and "spent half an hour discussing it." Really? There is so much happening in the world right now and this is what they spend half an hour discussing?

It's very telling of the state of the world IMO. And we are going to get more and more of this escapism crap taking the world by storm. Virtual reality will be next and people will just escape into that and pretend the world isn't falling apart. So sad.

Guest Rachelle of London

It's an escape from reality. The way the world is at the moment I don't blame people from wanting a few mins respite.

it's just a game. Don't let it bother you. Not worth it

Exactly. I don't play it but if they're enjoying it and as long as they don't cause a traffic accident or walk off a cliff I don't mind. In 6 months people will be obsessed with some other new sensation.

Finally released in Japan today!!

I'm so undecided as I'm already always running into people while using my phone....

This will just make it ten times worse😩😩😩

I don't care that people play it, and if it gets them out of the house and active - hurray. But let's not act like it's more than it is and hyperventilate if someone rolls their eyes about it.

Personally I think it's sad that people will get energised over this and defend it to the death, but other things, arguably of more import, get a meh.

It's an escape from reality. The way the world is at the moment I don't blame people from wanting a few mins respite.

Most people's reality is an escape from reality. A lot of people actually need to look up and take notice of the world. The middle and upper class has been super self indulgent in the internet/social media/technology age. Friends have to constantly take photos going out, of me, of them, of food. It then has to be snapchated, instagramed, tweeted. We need to be checked in.The phone needs to checked every 2 minutes. Facebook refreshed. Send them all down the proverbial coal mine for a day or two.

Not you, or most of the people on here. MNationers are quite switched on.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Most people's reality is an escape from reality. A lot of people actually need look up and take notice of the world. The middle and upper class has been super self indulgent in the internet/social media/technology age. Friends have to constantly take photos going out, of me, of them, of food. It then has to be snapchated, instagramed, tweeted. We need to be checked in.The phone needs to checked every 2 minutes. Facebook refreshed. Send them all down the proverbial coal mine for a day or two.

and yet it's called augmented reality :lol:

I guess the annoying or bad players are the ones who are also bad at manners in general. The other day I was waiting in line for coffee and this guy was glued to his phone screen, even when the clerk asked what he wanted. Then when I went to put sugar in my coffee, this guy was glued to his screen in front of the counter. He could NOT drop his phone and wait 20 fucking seconds to acknowledge other people in the universe. Once it happened in Subway too, the girl next to me ordered what she wanted all the while looking at her screen, like the clerk was a fucking robot, and you could hardly understand what she was babling. I looked at her with much disgust but really without intending to, I was just disgusted, and she noticed. I guess the bad pokemon players are the same people, not the ones who know they are not the center of the universe.

The middle and upper class has been super self indulgent in the internet/social media/technology age. Friends have to constantly take photos going out, of me, of them, of food. It then has to be snapchated, instagramed, tweeted. We need to be checked in.The phone needs to checked every 2 minutes. Facebook refreshed.

The other day I was waiting in line for coffee and this guy was glued to his phone screen, even when the clerk asked what he wanted. Then when I went to put sugar in my coffee, this guy was glued to his screen in front of the counter. He could NOT drop his phone and wait 20 fucking seconds to acknowledge other people in the universe. Once it happened in Subway too, the girl next to me ordered what she wanted all the while looking at her screen, like the clerk was a fucking robot, and you could hardly understand what she was babling. I looked at her with much disgust but really without intending to, I was just disgusted, and she noticed.

Sad. Just sad.

I don't need to try everything to know if it's a waste of time or not.

They are now trying to claim it's a great social activity "getting people out of the house." I saw 2 guys on the news in London saying they met playing Pokemon and "spent half an hour discussing it." Really? There is so much happening in the world right now and this is what they spend half an hour discussing?

It's very telling of the state of the world IMO. And we are going to get more and more of this escapism crap taking the world by storm. Virtual reality will be next and people will just escape into that and pretend the world isn't falling apart. So sad.

You are such a drama queen. Look at the shit we all talk about here. Probably spent MONTHS discussing Madonna's hair. :dead:

Guest bluejean

You are such a drama queen. Look at the shit we all talk about here. Probably spent MONTHS discussing Madonna's hair. :dead:

:rotfl:

What you don't realize is that I'm actually typing essays about 'ponytail vs. curls' inbetween gym sets, while I'm on the bus, getting my nails manicured, getting a blow job etc