Is there a thread to discuss how shit and annoying hearing about Pokemon Go is

Guest bluejean

Yeah. The "poke stops" where you collect things are landmarks or just specific facts about locations. I've learned so much about different parts of the city playing this game. I found the friends building, the sex and the city apartments, and so many other historical/entertainment landmarks I didn't even know about.

You don't need Pokemon to know your history

You don't need Pokemon to know your history

Oh for fucks sake. I don't know every single buildings history in the entire city or historical fact about each block. People just fucking hate to hate. This is a pure example of that.

Oh for fucks sake. I don't know every single buildings history in the entire city or historical fact about each block. People just fucking hate to hate. This is a pure example of that.

Yeah tbh I don't get the hate either.

the idea of hating something you don't get continues to grow as fads grow stronger.

I've never been a "hater" for something I didn't get. I honestly dislike or "hate" on something I don't LIKE.

Like Taylor swift, Justin beiber, American horror story etc..I think something is bad after giving it a try or understanding it, then I just think it sucks.

People that haven't given it a shot (same with game of thrones) hate because they don't give it a shot. I mean, if you don't have any interest, that's fine too. I didn't either until my coworker convinced me to try it out. Lol

I'm glad I did!

the idea of hating something you don't get continues to grow as fads grow stronger.

I've never been a "hater" for something I didn't get. I honestly dislike or "hate" on something I don't LIKE.

Like Taylor swift, Justin beiber, American horror story etc..I think something is bad after giving it a try or understanding it, then I just think it sucks.

People that haven't given it a shot (same with game of thrones) hate because they don't give it a shot. I mean, if you don't have any interest, that's fine too. I didn't either until my coworker convinced me to try it out. Lol

I'm glad I did!

The irony of people on a message board complaining about people spending too much time on the internet/their phone.

The irony of people on a message board complaining about people spending too much time on the internet/their phone.

Exactly. When they are doing the same exact thing...the only difference is right now, it's a gaming app that has a 90's-kid-nostalgia ...

I was never into pokemon. I always laughed it off...the card games, the show, the video games. It was cheesy as hell! For nerds with no social lives.

The app is fun and the creatures come to life (maybe my lack of imagination made it hard to visualize these creatures on playing cards and their "powers") and evolve and are cute and interesting to see how and why they evolve the way they do and have the powers to fight that they do.

It's time consuming but also fun to be out and about playing it.

I hope they'll make a super mario version of it... then i'll join the jam. :D

That's a stupid answer. I wish there were a super Mario version too. I would love it but if you're making it seem like you just don't like it because it's "Pokemon" ...in which case, I'll tell you...I thought the same. The game is fun. End of.

But then again, it's also overwhelming how bad I am playing it. I thought I was getting better but all these Pokemon obsessed players are like MASTERS 😂😂😂 I'll never obsess over it to that extent but I'm enjoying the game. On my day off, (since I hate the heat) I want to stay in...instead people are running through every single street in zig zags to collect as many points, potions, Pokemon and lure modules as possible, hatching eggs with every mile and stacking up hundreds of thousands of points...whereas I only have 7800 ! 😂😂😂😂

https://www.facebook.com/MoviepilotHorror/videos/1167384506633316/

And let me just add, it's not OUR fault that whatever show or game is having such a strong viral sensation that it lasts long and funny memes pop up, along with videos and people continue to share them. It's part of the enjoyment of it and with a show like game of thrones, that only got better and better, every episode of every season, week after week, of course to someone NOT watching it, they get tired of seeing posts about it...but is it shocking that we continue to post about it? It comes on every week for a couple of months...the excitement and awe of the show makes us want to share it and then other stuff pops up in relation to that that makes us want to share that.

I'm not into this but it doesn't bother me because it looks like people are having fun with it. When something nobody needs or wants pops up all the time (like the kardashians) then it becomes unbearable for me.

Is this game very time consuming even if you're not out roaming the streets? A friend has gone quiet and I'm wondering if this is why.

If you're not roaming, the game is virtually useless unless you just have if open and some Pokemons randomly appear, you can catch them but that's about it. It's about moving through the streets to find them, stopping at poke stops to collect stuff and going to the "gyms" to fight and protect your team.

A bunch of morons! 😂😂😂😂

Playing a game now is deemed not having a life because it utilizes augmented reality and/or because you don't like it? They should get a life. The crossing of private property is seriously being blown out of proportion. You don't need to go into anyone's yard to find Pokemons and you can go to a bar, have a drink and still enjoy the game.

I think haters need to get a life. They spend more time constantly hating on everything anyone likes and meanwhile I'm enjoying myself LIVING MY LIFE, not hating another's decisions.

Guest Rachelle of London

I hope they allow international trading. I want British pokemons :lmao:

Nah they've all left the EU. Won't be included :lmao:

Was out for a walk, all I see are people playing Pokemon it's so bizarre.

Is it bizarre because it's Pokemon and people are enjoying something other than just being glued to their social media?

Cause people have their eyes glued to their phones anyway...it's just now you can tell they are playing a specific game...