Terrorist attack of the day Nice, France

Guest Rachelle of London

people arent shocked anymore and seem to stop caring quicker. thats how common these attacks are currently. people are almost becoming desensitized

So true. It's terrible

stop asking questions in every post ?????? Plz dont reply to me

Sorry friend, I think you have more right to talk than most on this board. I won't stop responding to your posts. You are living the life that most people on this board (myself included) wish to talk about. It's a shame we think we can tell you what to do.

Shame on us.

Come back into Europe?! What makes you not think they aren't living here already?!

Look at all the 'no go' police zones in France, Sweden, the Netherlands ......

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-terror-attacks-visiting-molenbeek-the-police-no-go-zone-that-was-home-to-two-of-the-gunmen-a6735551.html

Of course some of them already live in Europe. I was talking about foreign fighters of European origin coming back from Syria.

Of course some of them already live in Europe. I was talking about foreign fighters of European origin coming back from Syria.

Yes I understand that.

As we can see they don't need a ton of people or resources to pull off these attacks.

I just read it after I woke up. It's absolutely devastating, I am shocked. I was so relieved that there were no terrorist attacks during the football cup in France and now this.

Clearly these extremists like football but don't like France.

The French National Day commemorates the Storming of the Bastille on 14 July 1789,[1][2] an important event in Paris in the French Revolution, which had begun two days earlier,[3] as well as the Fête de la Fédération which celebrated the unity of the French people on 14 July 1790. Celebrations are held throughout France. The oldest and largest regular military parade in Europe is held on the morning of 14 July, on the Champs-Élysées in Paris in front of the President of the Republic, along with other French officials and foreign guests.[4][5]

This is an attack ON FRANCE. Usually the inference is that the extremists attack American founded businesses but this is a very clear attack on France. Something needs to be done. I hope people don't just consider those calling for better veting procedures for immigration 'racists' now. We need to make ourselves safe before we can make the world better for anybody else.

This is really some foul shit. I mean it's been bad all along but there's something about mowing people down in a fairly large truck, dragging their bodies for a mile, and then a slew of them just laying all over the street. There's pictures of people sitting in the streets crying right at the body of their friends and family for Christ's sake. There's something more fundamentally disturbing about this one imo.

I agree, it looks like this one was meant to show as many victims as possible. Clearly visual destruction. the ultimate goal of terrorism.

This boulevard represents summer to me. Its a place everybody knows well. It makes me sick

This is really some foul shit. I mean it's been bad all along but there's something about mowing people down in a fairly large truck, dragging their bodies for a mile, and then a slew of them just laying all over the street. There's pictures of people sitting in the streets crying right at the body of their friends and family for Christ's sake. There's something more fundamentally disturbing about this one imo.

this is what i thought as well. it makes it even worse. people see the horror, they are confronted with it. when people are shot at one place it stays there. its just as bad for the victims but the way it's done is so different. psychologically this is very scary, like a warzone

I´m sure about this.I´m not surprised about the euro cup, the security was huge there, but about the tour de frnace not being used also as a target

It's not as popular, in that you don't have the same big gatherings you have for a soccer game.

difference is that just like in Nice it's people not being at one place, they are everywhere out in the open and you cant check everyones pocket or things like that. anyone can just walk up and join other people watching the tour

VERY easy target

this is what i thought as well. it makes it even worse. people see the horror, they are confronted with it. when people are shot at one place it stays there. its just as bad for the victims but the way it's done is so different. psychologically this is very scary, like a warzone

Yes but the French government are telling people NOT to post pics/vids of this carnage. Keep people from knowing how grave the situation is. God forbid people get pissed and put a stop to this shit.

Yes but the French government are telling people NOT to post pics/vids of this carnage. Keep people from knowing how grave the situation. God forbid people get pissed and put a stop to this shit.

i mean for the people who are at the scene and look for their families.. people who live there.. not just the videos.

Yes but the French government are telling people NOT to post pics/vids of this carnage. Keep people from knowing how grave the situation. God forbid people get pissed and put a stop to this shit.

The photos and videos are out there. It's up to you to look them up if you want to see them. The decision not to publicly spread them has to do with decency.

Guest bluejean

All this terrorism and shootings have become so common now I'm starting to barely flinch. It's scary.

My heart goes out to all the victims and all the world!

Guest Rachelle of London

The photos and videos are out there. It's up to you to look them up if you want to see them. The decision not to publicly spread them has to do with decency.

This

Well I guess they should avoid all media for the next five years because these attacks will not stop unless radical steps are taken. When the civil war breaks out in Europe, and they wont be able to escape it.

sorry but there won't be any civil war breaking out in europe anytime soon. Who do you think really wants fighting? We had a shitty civil war in the Balkan region based on hatred and "official" religious feelings. That is exactly what these people want - civil war riots and fights. Should we now just throw everything away because of crazy lunatics. Everybody is appalled at those attacks, no matter which religion you are from (and I doubt there were only "Christian" victims as some right wing politicians make it up even here) - I am baptised and I hardly consider myself a very religious person.

and considering no-go-areas: I live in one of those in my city, which at least the internet claims is a no-go-area. Neither me, nor my female friends or family have ever been attacked or felt unsafe around here. I also stayed in many other cities in proclaimed no-go-areas and guess what - nothing happened.

and I have been in cities shortly before or after attacks, if people want to do attacks it is unfortunately hardly anything I can do to stop them - or save myself if it should happen where I am. It is maybe a fatalistic point of view, but just sitting at home and going nowhere anymore and be afraid is at least nothing I want to do at the moment. It can be I will change that point of view in case something happens which really affects me, but fortunately that has not been the case.

This is horrible. The carnage, the senseless destruction of life, the trauma that will stay forever with survivors, the attack on liberalism.

How can one feel safe around people that think this life is temporary and that better things await them after death?

How do you reason with people that don't value life, even their own?

This is a clash of civilisations.

This is horrible. The carnage, the senseless destruction of life, the trauma that will stay forever with survivors, the attack on liberalism.

How can one feel safe around people that think this life is temporary and that better things await them after death?

How do you reason with people that don't value life, even their own?

This is a clash of civilisations.

Yes!

You can't invite a group who hates Western values, pay them to stay in your ' liberal' country and expect things to go well.

Let's face it, YOUR country changes forever but their values stay the same. The idea that they will reject their religious beliefs and adopt the secular mindset is a MYTH!

The RTL radio just aired the interview of a woman explaining how she and her baby daughter managed to get out of the truck's way in a split second. Heartbreaking.

16% OF FRENCH CITIZENS SUPPORT ISIS, POLL FINDS

Sorry but that is ridiculous. 16% means 10.5 million people. That makes no sense.

That poll is totally made-up to back the far right agenda up.

Yes.

I mean, there are 5 million muslims in France, that poll would mean that 100% of them support Isis, plus 5 million non muslims :lmao: