Tony Blair, Chilcot report.

160706-tony-blair-chilcot-0557_14cce07d8

Summary

1. UK went to war before peaceful options exhausted and military action was "not last resort", Chilcot report says
  2. Invasion in 2003 was based on “flawed intelligence and assessments” that went unchallenged
  3. Threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction were "presented with certainty that was not justified"
  4. Former PM Tony Blair says decision for action made "in good faith" and he takes "full responsibility for any mistakes"
  5. Families of Britons killed during Iraq War say conflict was "a fiasco" and do not rule out legal action
  6. PM David Cameron says "lessons must be learned" and announces two-day Commons debate next week
  7. Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn says war was "act of military aggression launched on a false pretence"
  8. Chilcot rejects Blair's case for Iraq War

3600790300000578-3676748-Mr_Blair_told_t

3605834E00000578-3676748-image-a-2_14678

35FCC4FD00000578-3676469-Conspiracy_Fami

September 12, 2001:

360109F100000578-3676771-image-a-12_1467

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-36714717 (the BBC coverage from yesterday, updates, videos.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36712735 (BBC article)

'Act now, explain later': What Blair told George Bush TWO YEARS before Iraq war is revealed in eviscerating Chilcot report into Gulf debacle, Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3676748/Chilcot-s-damning-verdict-Blair-Inquiry-Iraq-war-slams-former-PM-misrepresenting-intelligence-dodgy-legal-advice-hubris-failing-protect-troops-says-did-not-need-invade.html#ixzz4DgkkVTCI Lies, bulls**t and the blood of brave men and innocents that Tony Blair will always have on his hands - and his alone by PIERS MORGAN, Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3677266/PIERS-MORGAN-Lies-bulls-t-blood-brave-men-innocents-Tony-Blair-hands-alone.html#ixzz4DgkGeHI6

We all knew it, didn't we? And yet it is depressing to see it exhibited on international media. Shame.

I disagree with many of the criticisms in the report, for example:

• intelligence can never be 100% confirmed, so if we have to always wait until we were 100% sure nothing would ever happen
  • even if the intelligence advice had been clearer that it wasnt certain and there were intel gaps, the decisions would still need to be made on the probability of risks so the decisions made may not have been any different
  • some of the findings are subjective so don't really support a clear conclusion that an alternative approach would have been better.

BUT: I really don't see the need for this inquiry at all. I would have thought that ever since Vietnam War, it was pretty clear that if you are going to war for ideological reasons without any thought about the practical impacts on the people in the country, and you don't have the widespread support of the people in the country, and you can't describe what a successful outcome is, and you have no exit strategy - then don't do it. When will we ever learn?

So after over 10 years they are telling us what we always knew... They had no reasons to go to war. Shouldn't Bush and Blair and whoever was involved in that war be sent to justice for crimes against humanity?

Guest Rachelle of London

This topic infuriates me. Seven years doing this bullshit reports. After the amount of troops killed. The MILLIONS of Iraqis killed. Billions spent. And they just tell us what we already know. It's all bullshit

Yes, it just seems to be s very long review of what happened without adding anything new.

The worst thing about all this is what the legacy is. It's fuelled all this terrorism and he's out there making money with his property ventures and speaking.

Has Bush said anything?

How far the great can fall....

Some may say that they cannot forgive. I did not lose a relative in this war, so this fact alone affords me a more detached perspective, much the same as with our own troubles in NI , where I didn't have a loved one killed or maimed

Some may say that Blair was playacting: I don't think so. He has been waiting for this day for some time, and it has quite rightly preyed on his mind. All those lives lost, all that blood spilt, all those unstoppable and indeterminable tears, all those children left fatherless or motherless.

He should have broke away from Bush, a lightweight and incredibly stupid President manipulated by his advisors.

Will he ever be rehabilitated in the eyes of the world? I doubt it.

The day has come, has gone and at long last we have an authoritive report. Blair will live with the guilt, and the relatives will continue to bereave as a result of a grave failure in decision making.

How far the great have fallen..

What a monumental piece of investigation. They could have made it two million words shorter and told us something we didn't already know. It WAS an illegal war justified by a lie and it opened a black hole of violence in the region. And it WAS done on purpose to pave the way for more terrorism and instability which would then in turn be used to justify further blatant illegal manouvering in the region. Blair saying sowwy :rotfl: Such a tremendous performance

He's gone on to make milions from books and "speeches" after his Downing Street tenure. After he had continued the brutal neoliberal privatisation and deindustrialisation policies of Madame Thatcher. Oh I forgot, he also converted to Jesuitism Catholicism. Good of him and buona donna Cherie. Seven years for this earth-shattering report? LOL

What a monumental piece of investigation. They could have made it two million words shorter and told us something we didn't already know. It WAS an illegal war justified by a lie and it opened a black hole of violence in the region. And it WAS done on purpose. Blair saying sowwy :rotfl:

He's gone on to make milions from books and "speeches" after his Downing Street tenure. After he had continued the brutal neoliberal privatisation and deindustrialisation policies of Madame Thatcher. Oh I forgot, he also converted to Jesuitism Catholicism. Good of him and buona donna Cherie. Seven years for this earth-shattering report? LOL

True, it basically messed up Middle East even more and the same happend with Libya after Gheddafi's death...

We all knew it, didn't we? And yet it is depressing to see it exhibited on international media. Shame.

We knew it when it was happening. There should be a international court so these horrible people are judged. The pain and chaos they left there is too big to let them go so easily.

Remember when Colin Powell was on TV acting shocked and sad that there were no weapons in Iraq??? What a horrible man, such a fraud.

George W. Bush

Colin Powell

Condoleezza Rice

Tony Blair

José María Azar

They should be in prison. But above all them, Rumsfeld. He was the one controlling everything. After the war his company was the one who got the contracts to rebuild Iraq. He earned millions and millions building again what he had previously destroyed.

And there they are, giving conferences, while people don't care and hundreds day each week in Iraq each week because of terrorism.