Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, police shootings. :(

By some random, white, Christian Trump supporting piece of vile shit. That's who.

Except the gunman who killed 50 LGBT's in a nightcub didn't fit one of that criteria.

That's who.

More importantly if we want to talk VIOLENCE, we can talk HOLLYWOOD MOVIE VIOLENCE and VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY VIOLENCE.

I'm guessing though that won't be a popular topic. Too much money in those VIOLENT industries.

MONEY MONEY MONEY.

SAD SAD SAD.

These are weird times. Even more terrifying is everyone wants to be on a side. Some sort of hashtag

Independence means nothing anymore. And dogs love to travel in a pack. And a pack is much more ferocious than a singular.

So basically it's going to be some insular war. That seems like everyone's itching to have. I want no part of it.

Even on this board. So sad.

He allegedly shot and killed and we are focused on the pics used to identify him? Wth

Since his demise wasn't confirmed when I posted this it doesn't matter. And until it's official I don't want to assume anything.

Guys you need to organise A GIANT anti firearm protest. Do it through social media and get your entire city protesting on the same day.

Except the gunman who killed 50 LGBT's in a nightcub didn't fit one of that criteria.

That's who.

More importantly if we want to talk VIOLENCE, we can talk HOLLYWOOD MOVIE VIOLENCE and VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY VIOLENCE.

I'm guessing though that won't be a popular topic. Too much money in those VIOLENT industries.

MONEY MONEY MONEY.

SAD SAD SAD.

Computer games and movies don't breed killers.

Guys you need to organise A GIANT anti firearm protest. Do it through social media and get your entire city protesting on the same day.

So we can be sitting ducks for a militia.

Nakia wasn't punished for speaking out http://www.snopes.com/officer-nakia-jones-fired-after-viral-police-brutality-video/

Misinformation seems to get worse and worse. It spreads like wildfire unchecked not only on social media but also from major publications not bothering to factcheck. And we have seen it can be very damaging. It drives me crazy the nonsense articles I see my friends post on Facebook nowadays. Critical thinking will be completely extinct with the next generation!

This is another huge area of concern to me. This 'post-fact', willfully ignorant society that's growing...scary.

This is another huge area of concern to me. This 'post-fact', willfully ignorant society that's growing...scary.

It's just virtue signalling. Totally meaningless but it make the ignorant feel good/ superior in the moment.

That's what confuses me the most Karb

Yeah I know how certain states cherish their precious guns

But a gun that size shouldn't be allowed in public, no matter what the law is

I didn't even think civilians where allowed to own guns like that

It looks like a fucking AK!!

Only the army and especial corps should be allowed to own an army like that! It's crazy. Oh my if I ever see someone carrying a gun I would shit myself

It's just virtue signalling. Totally meaningless but it make the ignorant feel good/ superior in the moment.

Well, I was referring to much bigger things in society right now than just boobs on social media.

To all the people here terrified of firearms: have you ever held one and or fired a weapon? Have you been taught the very simple rules of safety by an experienced person? Let me guess.............no.

The fear is just because of the unknown and what the media shoves down your throats. If you have some 'moral' objection to them, that's fine, but understand what your fears are based on.

There is racism in Canada as well...in America the target of racism are African Americans and in Canada it is the Indigenous peoples. including apartheid like laws against them & misinformed false beliefs held for generations. We also have a faction of whites that believe this is not the case and canada is perfect. trudeau in some ways is helping change all this, but nothing is perfect. there is racism and race trouble in every single country on the planet though.

meanwhile, BlackLivesMatter here protested Toronto Pride because of police pink washing the parade. There was an uproar over that and BLM also mention the racism faced by the Indigenous people. The public/media have not been pretty to either groups, but has changed a bit over time, and will continue to change.

it's not as in your face i guess. but that doesn't mean to down play it.

To all the people here terrified of firearms: have you ever held one and or fired a weapon? Have you been taught the very simple rules of safety by an experienced person? Let me guess.............no.

The fear is just because of the unknown and what the media shoves down your throats. If you have some 'moral' objection to them, that's fine, but understand what your fears are based on.

I have fired a weapon. Doesn't mean I see guns as manageable as sharp kitchen utensils.

I have fired a weapon. Doesn't mean I see guns as manageable as sharp kitchen utensils.

:angel: Thanks for being honest.

That is the point though in many ways. Countries and societies where people don't and can't own guns do not miss them and are much safer. For example, professional shooters can only use them at sporting clubs which are strictly monitored and farmers can own them but not any high powered weapons. Police only shoot at the last resort and face scrutiny and an enquiry each time there is a shooting death. I know guns are part of American culture and not the business of other countries but the fact that people can own not only guns but high powered weapons is something that is alarming and strange for people in other places to get their heads around. I would feel terrified if there were so many mass shootings happening here and especially where virtually anyone can own a high powered weapon.

That is the point though in many ways. Countries and societies where people don't and can't own guns do not miss them and are much safer. For example, professional shooters can only use them at sporting clubs which are strictly monitored and farmers can own them but not any high powered weapons. Police only shoot at the last resort and face scrutiny and an enquiry each time there is a shooting death. I know guns are part of American culture and not the business of other countries but the fact that people can own not only guns but high powered weapons is something that is alarming and strange for people in other places to get their heads around. I would feel terrified if there were so many mass shootings happening here and especially where virtually anyone can own a high powered weapon.

Crime comes in many ways though, and I'll have to disagree that those places are much safer. I've felt far less safe in certain places outside the US than in it, so blanket generalizations always oversimplify things.

I totally understand what you're saying Jazzyjan.

I wish people would understand that the VAST MAJORITY of legal gunowners are normal, rational people who don't commit murder.

Crime comes in many ways though, and I'll have to disagree that those places are much safer. I've felt far less safe in certain places outside the US than in it, so blanket generalizations always oversimplify things.

Love Spent and Rebelvvv, respect your views and understand what you both are saying. I am purely speaking from the viewpoint of an Australian here and I have never been out of Australia so I am no expert in American culture or life. It is something that I personally don't have to deal with and why I find gun culture such a foreign concept and don't understand it. We have lots of discussions in the media about the strict anti guns laws in Australia whenever there is a mass shooting in the USA or police shootings. It is just always brought up as the main difference in society between the USA and Australia in the media and so is talked about a lot here.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The shooter was in the military and served in Afghanistan. I've noticed quite a few of these people in these mass shootings and have served in the US military. I think that messes up their mind and they suffer from PTSD. I think we need to think about what involving people in these conflicts like Iraq or Afghanistan does to people's minds.

Other countries don't send as many of their soldiers to fight in these wars. I think that is another factor that contributes to our higher level of mass shootings.

There's a militarization of society in general and the idea the way to solve things is to send in the troops. Fighting and seeing people killed really can mess up your mind.

The shooter was in the military and served in Afghanistan. I've noticed quite a few of these people in these mass shootings and have served in the US military. I think that messes up their mind and they suffer from PTSD. I think we need to think about what involving people in these conflicts like Iraq or Afghanistan does to people's minds.

Other countries don't send as many of their soldiers to fight in these wars. I think that is another factor that contributes to our higher level of mass shootings.

There's a militarization of society in general and the idea the way to solve things is to send in the troops. Fighting and seeing people killed really can mess up your mind.

I think this is a big part of the problem, in that a lot of countries expect the US military to do their dirty work when we shouldn't be involving ourselves excessively in foreign affairs and then refuse to send in their own troops to help with the dirty work. Compounded with the way veterans are treated post-service and you get the sad situation we see today. People don't generally learn to be snipers just in their backyards, so this isn't the single issue that most people try to make it out to be, but no one wants to talk about the rest in a moderate tone without saying you have to be all in on one stance or another.

Love Spent and Rebelvvv, respect your views and understand what you both are saying. I am purely speaking from the viewpoint of an Australian here and I have never been out of Australia so I am no expert in American culture or life. It is something that I personally don't have to deal with and why I find gun culture such a foreign concept and don't understand it. We have lots of discussions in the media about the strict anti guns laws in Australia whenever there is a mass shooting in the USA or police shootings. It is just always brought up as the main difference in society between the USA and Australia in the media and so is talked about a lot here.

Jazzyjan, always respect your views as well, but I don't think it's a cut and dried solution. Australia is far more geographically isolated than the US and from what I understand, has some of the toughest immigration laws in the world which all affect the situation each country faces. More gun control is absolutely needed, but saying that "this is the only problem" is a false panacea.