Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, police shootings. :(

Guest Pud Whacker

These are weird times. Even more terrifying is everyone wants to be on a side. Some sort of hashtag

Independence means nothing anymore. And dogs love to travel in a pack. And a pack is much more ferocious than a singular.

So basically it's going to be some insular war. That seems like everyone's itching to have. I want no part of it.

Sadly you will find racists in Europe as well, including France. Don't idealize our continent.

This

That it is much more difficult for a policeman in Europe to behave in such a reckless way without being immediately held accountable for it is also true. But firearm violence in general and the easiness with which the issue seems to be treated in the US is a whole topic on its own. No policeman is or should be allowed to start firing at someone unless there was a tangible. proven, specific threat to their lives. Which almost invariably never seems to be the case with all these episodes of violence occurring in the US. Those recent videos are sickening in the depiction of the senseless brutality.

These are weird times. Even more terrifying is everyone wants to be on a side. Some sort of hashtag

Independence means nothing anymore. And dogs love to travel in a pack. And a pack is much more ferocious than a singular.

So basically it's going to be some insular war. That seems like everyone's itching to have. I want no part of it.

there should be conversation, a more open dialog.

It's just more palpable to me though. I am sure without a doubt in many black communities this is nothing new and has been going on forever. I mean NWA didn't write "Fuck the Police" for nothing.

But I grew up outside of that. I grew up not hearing white people talk in racist ways. By and large most of my life I did think at least in my area that we were past all of this, but then my bubble totally burst. And it literally started after the election of Obama. You see some people might wonder why I am so sour on so many white people. Well its because I am WHITE and I have a special free pass to know how a lot of white people really speak behind closed doors! And I can tell you, it disgusts the hell out of me. I have been disgusted and shocked by things coming out of so many peoples mouths over the last 8 years. Things I would have NEVER expected from certain people, and things I would have never expected from random people who think just because I am white it is totally cool and safe for them to whisper some kind of racist comment in my ear.

This is what scares me. The fact that people that have been closeted with their hidden racism are now feeling more safe to come out and say it. This is without a doubt what has led to the rise of Trump. If anyone else thinks otherwise they are in total denial.

If repeating myself on this topic bothers some people OH WELL! I think this is a serious as hell time and people need to be woken up and have it pounded into them. This is no joke.

I hear you loud & clear!

People's true colors are showing, no pun intended. :lol: Thankfully, I grew up in a household where we had open, honest dialogue about race and the REALITY of living in the US. It seems as though others didn't: Now they've confused 'being tolerant' as being 'silently racist.'

I'm in a similar boat with you: because of my complexion/ way of speaking/ projection, SOME people think it's safe to share with me their inner most (prejudiced) thoughts because I'm not like other black people. Oh, the things I've heard!

In short, folks are dumb. That's why I have NO social media accounts.

It's just more palpable to me though. I am sure without a doubt in many black communities this is nothing new and has been going on forever. I mean NWA didn't write "Fuck the Police" for nothing.

But I grew up outside of that. I grew up not hearing white people talk in racist ways. By and large most of my life I did think at least in my area that we were past all of this, but then my bubble totally burst. And it literally started after the election of Obama. You see some people might wonder why I am so sour on so many white people. Well its because I am WHITE and I have a special free pass to know how a lot of white people really speak behind closed doors! And I can tell you, it disgusts the hell out of me. I have been disgusted and shocked by things coming out of so many peoples mouths over the last 8 years. Things I would have NEVER expected from certain people, and things I would have never expected from random people who think just because I am white it is totally cool and safe for them to whisper some kind of racist comment in my ear.

This is what scares me. The fact that people that have been closeted with their hidden racism are now feeling more safe to come out and say it. This is without a doubt what has led to the rise of Trump. If anyone else thinks otherwise they are in total denial.

If repeating myself on this topic bothers some people OH WELL! I think this is a serious as hell time and people need to be woken up and have it pounded into them. This is no joke.

This. This. This.

A beast has been awakened. And it's being fed.

Mauro, on 08 Jul 2016 - 2:47 PM, said:

Former Congressman Tells Obama and BLM 'Punks' to 'Watch Out'

Former Illinois representative Joe Walsh declared "This is now war" and called for President Barack Obama to "watch out" in a Twitter post.

joewalsh.jpg

What kind of bat shit crazy nonsense?

And we all know what the "real" America means to them. White, heterosexual, republican, and Christian.

It's funny but you rarely hear people on the left calling out others as being Un American or claiming that we are the "real" America.

It just like during McCain rallies, or Palin rallies, or now Trump rallies I always found it odd that when I protestor would show up or for no apparent reason at all the crowd would go into chants of "USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!" I can never help but think to myself why the hell are they even chanting this? You would think they were battling it out with some foreign country or something in full blown war. Oddly enough in their minds they are.

The news are so horrible, it's seems like one tragedy erases the other (did you know a new terrorist attack killed 30+ people in Bagdad today ?).

We need love in all this darkness. We need to be reminded the good humans can do. We need to remember how to live together, how to build together. Dark forces are trying to divide us.

Bring your love, sing your love, wear your love, share your love

13654274_1407093899306649_84205829021321This.

And if the shooter were a Klansman who also happened to be in the military, guess which photo they'd use? The white robes and hood of course. The media exploits for high impact emotion. Brand new information.

It's Texas. Everyone walks around with a gun. The guy that sold me an ice cream in Dallas has a gun on him.

Which is it isn't it -- why? Why? If you see someone with a gun here it's because they're in a forest shooting a deer. And for as much as I've read about it I just can't understand America's relationship with guns. My beau IsaacHarris mentioned the country being founded on violence but so was Canada. Who carries a gun around in day-to-day life, and what do you expect to use it for?

The mentality is off.

R.I.P. to everyone, I can't even keep up at this point.

I'll never understand the obsession with guns either. Never had a desire to own one. Maybe its because I don't live my life in a constant state of fear?

I mean you see pics of people in some of these open carry places where people have semi autos strapped to them in food stores in parts of the US. I am like WTF!!!!!!!!???? It's like looking at pictures of people from another planet. Here in Jersey if someone walked into a store with a semi auto strapped to them, we are all heading for the exit FAST.

That's just not something you would ever see here. Would be total "culture" shock for me to go to some deep red states and see that and I wouldn't feel safe because of it at all.

I hear you loud & clear!

People's true colors are showing, no pun intended. :lol: Thankfully, I grew up in a household where we had open, honest dialogue about race and the REALITY of living in the US. It seems as though others didn't: Now they've confused 'being tolerant' as being 'silently racist.'

I'm in a similar boat with you: because of my complexion/ way of speaking/ projection, SOME people think it's safe to share with me their inner most (prejudiced) thoughts because I'm not like other black people. Oh, the things I've heard!

In short, folks are dumb. That's why I have NO social media accounts.

Wrap yourself up in a cocoon of whiteness. It's safe there.

That's what confuses me the most Karb

Yeah I know how certain states cherish their precious guns

But a gun that size shouldn't be allowed in public, no matter what the law is

I didn't even think civilians where allowed to own guns like that

It looks like a fucking AK!!

Nakia wasn't punished for speaking out http://www.snopes.com/officer-nakia-jones-fired-after-viral-police-brutality-video/

Misinformation seems to get worse and worse. It spreads like wildfire unchecked not only on social media but also from major publications not bothering to factcheck. And we have seen it can be very damaging. It drives me crazy the nonsense articles I see my friends post on Facebook nowadays. Critical thinking will be completely extinct with the next generation!